Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Although that said we have never seen a team win every race have we? Mclaren won 15 of 16 in 1988, but usually somewhere a strange thing happens and someone else gets a win.
    Depends... do you want to include the Indianapolis 500?

Alfa Romeo won all races in 1950 (except Indy) and Ferrari did the same in 1952.

I really don't see anyone getting past the silver arrows for a while. I think that they may have led every single lap thus far; that's really dominant.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Depends... do you want to include the Indianapolis 500?

Alfa Romeo won all races in 1950 (except Indy) and Ferrari did the same in 1952.

I really don't see anyone getting past the silver arrows for a while. I think that they may have led every single lap thus far; that's really dominant.
    Good points. Thanks for correcting me. I personally never include the Indy race as the F1 grid wasnt present.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    With Monaco (or is it Manarco ) or Monte Carlo, it is a real point and squirt track, so counteracting the turbo lag on anything other than a Merc engine is going to use up energy. I suspect the driveability of the Merc engine, coupled with the efficient cooling, will see the Mercedes team walk it. The Ferrari is still bit of an on/off switch, and the Renault still has trouble pulling the skin off a rice pudding....

Monaco is never an exciting race unless it's wet, and then they are too precious to race anyway!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The Mercedes seems to have a very big advantage across all circuits, while a relatively small advantage in the wet. It looks to be the kind of car, which seems to perform well everywhere, like Red Bull in 2011 even at high-speed Monza.

Williams in 1992 also should have won Monaco if not for Mansell's wheel issue. After all, he dominated qualifying. In 2014 I think Mercedes will be the car to beat and likely to have a 1-2 again unless they have issues. Issues, which can happen more easily at Monaco, i.e getting stuck in traffic on a hot qualifying lap.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Red Bull best chassis in my eye and outright power of engine not as important. Red Bull very precise and seem to get out of corner quicker than Merc as Newey concentrate on handling and sacrifice top speed so I think will be very close. Front row could be split.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't overlook Marussia for Monaco. Chilton fastest in Barcelona testing on the supersofts which will be used at Monaco. They've obviously made a massive step forward and could challenge the Mercs.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Don't overlook Marussia for Monaco. Chilton fastest in Barcelona testing on the supersofts which will be used at Monaco. They've obviously made a massive step forward and could challenge the Mercs.
    Ouch - nearly cracked my jaw on the table......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    If Vettel or Alonso get even a whiff of the podium they will make the day extremely difficult for Lewis and Nico.

Hard to see any other car challenging Mercedes anywhere in 2014. Its Merc for mine but Vettel and Alonso are primed to take the win in Monaco.

Lets see if one of them can do it.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the RBR might win it. and It might be Vettel.
    I still think the Mercs are dominant,. but those RBR's are coming awfully close and I think Vettel is getting his "groove" back.
    The real story will be qualifying and getting a clean lap, as well as the weather.

I think whoever wins Qualy or comes p2 will be the only contenders for the race victory.
    i think Rosberg will try to push too hard to turn things around and might bin it it or compromise his lap
    Ricciardo too might be right up there but ultimately gets beat by his more experienced teammate.
    So it comes down to Hamilton and vettel IMO
    If hamilton stays out of trouble and has a clean lap, he'll take pole, or finish 2nd.
    for Vettel and rBR, this might be one of the few opportunities they have for victory and i think they will push like crazy to secure pole, perhaps even gambling a bit on setup etc.

Of course I want Hamilton to take pole and win the race, but I have a sneaky feeling that vettel and RBR will take this one.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I but I have a sneaky feeling that vettel and RBR will take this one.
    i doubt that..