Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can u remember mechanics turning their backs?

There was an F1 race maybe two or three years ago, where a driver got a drive-thru penalty. When they went through the pits, the mechanics for the impeded team either just stood and stared at the driver , or maybe collectively turned their backs on him as he drove through.
    Anyone remember who when and why? I'd like to see that on video.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Well hello there newbie.

Unfortunately I don't have a clue about this one but hopefully somebodyelse [see what I did?] can help.

Guuuuuuuuuuys? Where are you all?
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    That's an easy one dawg!! Just skip to.......Uhmmmm...... the beginning, yeah that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivx8iptGpI4
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    Well hello there newbie.

Unfortunately I don't have a clue about this one but hopefully somebodyelse [see what I did?] can help.

Guuuuuuuuuuys? Where are you all?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Tazio, thanks for the suggestion but don't think it's right.
    The drive-through penalty for Vettel in Spain 2012 was for not slowing down under a yellow flag, which wasn't detrimental to any specific driver.

The incident I am trying to recall, is one where a driver's action hampered or affected another driver/team. That is why the mechanics from the affected team lined up and either stood silently and stared as he drove through, or perhaps turned their backs on him. My feeling is that it was just them silently staring as he went by. I'm not sure if it was caught on camera or not - I only learned of it from the race commentators briefly mentioning it as having happened, and it was either Sky Broadcasting or possibly the BBC commentary I heard. I suspect it was either Red Bull or McLaren mechanics, but that may be my memory playing games!

Further suggestions invited - it's great watching old races trying to find this. Thanks all...

Maybe you're referring to this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

Not Rossberg?
    Sorrrrrrrrry
    Last edited by Tazio; 26th April 2014 at 17:27.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyelse View Post
    The incident I am trying to recall, is one where a driver's action hampered or affected another driver/team. That is why the mechanics from the affected team lined up and either stood silently and stared as he drove through, or perhaps turned their backs on him. My feeling is that it was just them silently staring as he went by. I'm not sure if it was caught on camera or not - I only learned of it from the race commentators briefly mentioning it as having happened, and it was either Sky Broadcasting or possibly the BBC commentary I heard. I suspect it was either Red Bull or McLaren mechanics, but that may be my memory playing games!

Further suggestions invited - it's great watching old races trying to find this. Thanks all...

I'm thinking that there have only been a couple of drivers who could raise that sort of ire in opposing teams and I'm narrowing it down to one realistically - my all time favourite driver.

I'm thinking that there was an incident between Michael and either Damon Hill or Jacques Villeneuve that resulted in Michaels drive through penalty being watched by the Williams pit crew glaring daggers at Michael.

I am most likely wrong about the players but this has actually got me thinking and I would go so far as to say it did happen but I can't put my finger on when/who...

Edit: (Ignore this. I just re-read that you are looking for a more recent incident. Apologies.)
    Last edited by Whyzars; 27th April 2014 at 14:11.

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    I remember the screens Ferrari put up a few years ago at a GP.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."