Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grid Autosport

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    ^You're not exactly selling it to us. Sounds awful!

What is the handling like?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    ^You're not exactly selling it to us. Sounds awful!

What is the handling like?
    To be honest after having played it for a little longer, I have slightly gained some experience.

The field spread or lack of it as a racing simulator is still poor, although I have discovered it does vary from category to category.

The AI collisions and mistakes are good, but the fact they still proceed to barrel roll in single seaters and continue racing??????

As for the handling, that IMO is one of the better aspects. Whether they are 100% correct I cant say, having never driven the real things.

However the handling does seem to vary in each type of car. single seaters are more unstable at the back if you put the power down, while larger cars feel heavier.

Better than my initial reactions I think, but still some issues that for me spoil the realism.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Thanks for your review Steve. As a casual gamer I think that I'll save my £40!
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

I think it depends what you want. I have continued to play it a bit and my thoughts are this now.

I was looking for a sim style racing game of real categories. i.e realism in race gameplay and categories.

This covers Touring, single seater, endurance etc..... with no real categories featured. Its all generic classes. As I also said, in single seater the field spreads in a realistic way I guess, but endurance and Touring the field stay two abreast the whole race.

The racing itself is OK, I mean its close and an absolute bundle, but not like real racing IMO.

No retirements.

The AI are much faster on the straights, but alot slower in the corners.

One of the most annoying issues I have found, is the fact there are no pitstops at all. However they have put in punctures. So you can drive along and get a puncture, but instead of be able to pit. You have to just drive the whole race with a puncture or just retire.

Finally is still the gameplay in the fact that if you spin to last you catch the field at a vast rate of knotts and if you get into 1st through slow traffic, then the whole field start lapping 6 seconds faster and stay on your tail.

All in all a decent idea, but not done very well really.

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    I got this game the day before release, and despite a corrupted save file, I'm loving it so far. I've not really played much of the single player, but the online multiplayer is great fun so far!
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    So, is it worth the buy?

I would say depends want you want.

I have played a fair bit of it.

If you want just a fun racing game with various cars and chaotic races - then buy it. Its lots of fun that way.

If you want a realistic and varied representation of the different the different categories maybe wait til its cheaper.

For me is great fun to play, but not a true representation of each category. Just my opinion though

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Bought it the other day and I think its ok for a quick blast! Its fun, but the handling feels very weird and twitchy, while the AI is very eratic, especially on medium difficulty!

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85 View Post
    Bought it the other day and I think its ok for a quick blast! Its fun, but the handling feels very weird and twitchy, while the AI is very eratic, especially on medium difficulty!
    I agree with you, its a fun game, but not quite as it should be.

I mean if someone said is it a decent simulator of touring cars etc. I think the answer has to be no, but fun non the less.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85 View Post
    HOw weird and twitchy though? The handling on TOCA2 was really twitchy but I still rate that as one of the best racing games ever made.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.