Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

How should WC be made?

We have thing now where best driver is second although being 3x better win than team mate.

Bernie may have point with Gold medal. It reward win. I not like idea but possible mediocre is rewarded with points.

If Lewis win all remaining races but break down in last 2 so has 16 victories and Nico wins 1st, last and next last races, he can be WC.

Funny eh

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    C'mon man! It's only a 1/5 into the season. What about when Massa won more races than Hamilton on 08? Now you're worried about it? How about When Nico wins, he gets 25pts, and when Hamilton wins, he gets 27pts?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Huh?
    The WDC does not go to the best driver...it goes to the driver who earns the most points...it's impossible to determine who the *best* driver is.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    As with any championship in any sport, the overall champion is the one who scored the most point during the season. It is not always the best team that wins football leagues, the best team didn't win the Americas Cup etc etc etc.

If the quite silly golden gong thing was ever adopted the season would be over by little over 1/2 distance in your scenario. Hamilton for example wins 9 races out of the first 10, with 8 races to go the season is dead.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    me not understand. me think we talk about toilet. medal idea is $h1t but still not about toilet. me out of here.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    The final F3000 season started in exactly the same way (except in reverse) - Liuzzi won the first three races and retired from the fourth, while Toccacelo finished second in the first three and won the fourth. Toccacelo led the points 34-30 as a result. Points system? F1's top eight system, as used prior to the current one.

Every points system will throw up its anomalies - about the only one I can think of that would give Hamilton the lead at this stage would be, funnily enough, the 1991-2002 F1 system of 10 for a win and 6 for second.

Time to lob in a grenade: how about a NASCAR Chase-style format?
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    I didnt realise no speculation allowed Look at scenario where one driver wins 16 races and one 3 and wins Championship. I thought it funny looking at possibility, not that medals was a good idea but thanks for telling how points work. Always mystery People too serious

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    me not understand. me think we talk about toilet. medal idea is $h1t but still not about toilet. me out of here.
    WC Boggs would tell you WC should be made from porcelain, if the workforce not on strike.

Say 'hello Joey'.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFeegle View Post
    I didnt realise no speculation allowed Look at scenario where one driver wins 16 races and one 3 and wins Championship.
    As if that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFeegle View Post
    I thought it funny looking at possibility, not that medals was a good idea but thanks for telling how points work. Always mystery People too serious
    In principle, I like the "medals" system. However, F1 is far too imbalanced for it to be a serious proposition. It has been discussed on the Nascar board. My opinion of it was that the only professional motorsport series where it could work was in Nascar. They've sufficient amount of competitors and races for it to become a legitimate title win.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edv View Post
    Huh?
    The WDC does not go to the best driver...it goes to the driver who earns the most points...it's impossible to determine who the *best* driver is.
    Well stated edv. Here is a novel concept Macdaddy-o; Why not watch all the races very intently and with a high degree of impartiality, and then formulate an opinion of who you think the best pilot is. Inevitably it will be somewhat subjective. Or you can drone on about how The Boss, or any other pilot is the best as though convincing others makes your opinion legitimate, if that's what flips your pancake.
    May the forza be with you