Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Nice that Dennis Kuipers is back in the Fiesta WRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm going to Rally Germany for the first time. What's it like with parking near the stages. I see that you need to have a ticket to view the stage, but can you drive up to the spectator areas which are marked on the map and leave the car on the side of the road?

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N View Post
    I'm going to Rally Germany for the first time. What's it like with parking near the stages. I see that you need to have a ticket to view the stage, but can you drive up to the spectator areas which are marked on the map and leave the car on the side of the road?
    Generally not on the day of the rally. You have to use the designated parking areas at the cost of 1 euro per time. And then walk (usually between 0.5 -1k) to the stage. This year ADAC appear to have taken the French approach, you can only view from a designated spectator zone. If you drive into the stage the day before and park in a prohibited zone you could be moved on. There are a number of approved stageside camping zones with exact details given on the ADAC website.

The only thing I don't know is when they actually close the stage to normal traffic - any local advice please?
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, the reason I ask is, for example, one stage I'm looking at has 4 spectator areas, but only parking close to one area, so, how do you get to the other 3 areas - the only way is with a car. From other rallies I've been to, you go onto a side road approaching the stage and just park on the side of the road.
    I don't mind paying 1 EUR, but I would like to make a plan as to where to go.

Ok, the reason I ask is, for example, one stage I'm looking at has 4 spectator areas, but only parking close to one area, so, how do you get to the other 3 areas - the only way is with a car. From other rallies I've been to, you go onto a side road approaching the stage and just park on the side of the road.
    I don't mind paying 1 EUR, but I would like to make a plan as to where to go.
    Which stage? Quite a number of forum members have Deutschland experience and (myself included) so may be able to give you specific advice. The satellite pictures on the ADAC website are very reliable and normally show the walking route to any particular zone

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts
    Ok, the reason I ask is, for example, one stage I'm looking at has 4 spectator areas, but only parking close to one area, so, how do you get to the other 3 areas.
    On which maps are you refering? In the official Rally Magazine every official Zone is described and also how to get there by car. In the Maps for every Zone the parking places and footpaths are marked. Rally Germany is probably the easiest WRC Event to spectate without prior experience, everything is very very well prepared and organised. Nothing to worry about.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was looking at the Spectator map from ADAC Rally Deutschland website. For example, the stage I'm looking at is Waxweiler, SS2/5.
    On the website it says that parking for that stage is at Z1, in Dackscheid, GPS: 50°7'1.3"N, 6°23'30.0"E (Kapellenstraße)

I was looking at the Spectator map from ADAC Rally Deutschland website. For example, the stage I'm looking at is Waxweiler, SS2/5.
    On the website it says that parking for that stage is at Z1, in Dackscheid, GPS: 50°7'1.3"N, 6°23'30.0"E (Kapellenstraße)

http://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.d...Map%202014.pdf

If you look at that map it shows approach roads in green which you can follow to the relevant parking areas for the 4 zones. If there is not a designated field (which is usual) then marshals will normally park cars on one side of the approach road (that has happened at Stein und Wein to me). Any other roads may be blocked a long way from the stage. It appears that ADAC have created a bit of confusion by not making the approach road convention clear.

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts
    Every Zone on the Waxweiler Stage Z1-Z4 has his own parking place. Footpath from 100m to 800m. Buy the official Programme when you arrive in the Rally Region and you will have all the Information needed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, this is what I was wondering, so basically I can follow the arrows to any spectator zone and there will be parking - excellent!