Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Regarding the Flavio-to-Ferrari rumours, I would be extremely surprised if any team, let alone one with Ferrari's reputation, would hire the mastermind behind Crashgate. A small team hiring Pat Symonds, a technical guy whose work takes place away from the spotlight, is one thing - hiring a team principal known for race fixing is a completely different one.

Besides, it would be deeply pointless to "fire" someone who has a senior managing team just to give the role temporarily to an inexperienced guy while Flavio made himself available. If they really wanted to bring Briatore in, it would have made much more sense to keep Domenicali in his post until Flavio was ready to take the reins.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well its either Ross or Martin Whitmarsh !
    Or is Nicki Lauda thinking he could be team manager at Ferrari and sort them all out ? AND can i escape from Mercedes ?
    They have had some bad recent years ,and Stephano to me was similar to Martin with their lame excuses

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    On the other hand, Ferrari have in effect gotten worse each year since Dominacali took over. 2007 Kimi was drivers Champ and the team was also Champions. 2008 the team retained its position, since then it has been one disapointing season after another. With them consistently failing to produce a car capable of challenging the leaders, it has only been Alonso's brilliance as a driver that has given them any hope of being able to win races as demonstrated by the fact that since Fred has been at Ferrari, he is the only driver to win a race for them.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I agree Anfield. The major shifts made by Luca in 2007 replaced several good people, filling the voids with mostly Italians. Moving Todt up, losing Ross Brawn, and the rest of the shifts haven't worked well at all.

Getting rid of Kimi to hire Fernando hasn't resulted in any titles, and in all fairness without team orders Felipe would have standing on the top podium step in 2010. I think the preferred driver attitude has hurt the team as well. Though Alonso is an exceptional driver if he is that good no team orders should be needed, and drivers should be able to fight for the title.

At any rate, it seems that Ferrari have lost their way, and at this point I see change as good.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Ross Brawn seems to retire quite frequently so I don't know if they could have stopped him. He's an old millionaire who wants to go fishing more often.

Allowing Felipe his odd moment of glory would have meant nothing for Ferrari in their fight for the WCC and WDC... actually it would have had a negative impact when they were already fighting against a better car.

And the preferred driver attitude was definitely something new there. They were just nostalgic after the good all days when MS was battling fearlessly the brave RB and after that the very same FM

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    And the preferred driver attitude was definitely something new there. They were just nostalgic after the good all days when MS was battling fearlessly the brave RB and after that the very same FM
    'He's driving too fast get him out the way, I need the points!!' lol

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Getting rid of Kimi to hire Fernando hasn't resulted in any titles,
    It's clear they got rid of the wrong driver, and a lot of that had to do with Domenicali

and in all fairness without team orders Felipe would have standing on the top podium step in 2010.
    What are you talking about? :?

I think the preferred driver attitude has hurt the team as well. Though Alonso is an exceptional driver if he is that good no team orders should be needed, and drivers should be able to fight for the title.
    How about producing a car for Alonso that isn't inferior to the RB's all the time? Some of you blokes with this mildly haughty attitude, ought to have a look at yourself. It was only one time. Massa only got the lead at Hockenheim due to a clean run in an awkward first corner for Alonso and Vettel. It was a perfectly reasonable time to apply team orders.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    surely this is a late april fools joke right?

If you are going to replace Domenicali, at least bring in someone with some knowledge, respect and qualifications
    Dark days ahead for ferrari
    I guess even the man himself though it was a joke
    https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/for...08274--f1.html
    you can't argue with results.