Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

Cool WTCC 2014 - Round 1 Morocco

Loeb to line up on the grid for the WTCC this weekend.
    http://www.fiawtcc.com/events

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    what a strange rules now in WTCC

it's better to be 5th at Q2. You get better starting position for 2nd race and get ticket to Q3.

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Congratulations to "Pechito" for his pole-position

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    On current form, Citroen look set to dominate the WTCC in a way that will render the championship as dull as they, and now VW, have rendered the WRC. It's not their fault; rather, blame their rivals. The gap between Citroen and the rest in qualifying was embarrassing.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Yawn. Boring!!!

Amazing dominance by Citroen in race 1 but such a shame that, even at this stage, it seems the team dictated the finishing places. Not too surprising that they're at the top, they seem to put so much effort into preparing for a series that they make sure the car is fully developed when it hits competition. I mentioned this to my Dad when we were watching the rallying the other day, the way that Hyundai are suffering from lots of mechanical issues whereas VW have a car that was hot out of the box. Of course the difference (other than budget) is that VW took their time, whereas Hyundai got the car on the stages as soon as they could.

Astonishing to hear that the WTCC Citroen team even got to the point where they were testing crashing into each other to see what parts were weak!!
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    2nd race was ruined by Bennani, made even worse by having to listen Matt Neal being a complete twunt and thinking that Bennani had no fault in the accident at the start. The commentary was truly crap, tell Matt to piss off and bring back John Cleland please.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Loeb wins race 2

MJW
    Matt Neal and the other commentator were not too keen on Citroen, they seemed to dwell on the 'they are from rallying' this is racing theme. Perhaps Matt Neal remembers that Colin McRae was a Citroen driver in 2003, and he still hasn't forgiven Colin for Knockhill in the early 1990's when they raced, and collided. Colin in the Prodrive BMW.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    No offence, but the WTCC is a poor series - with 1 proper Factory entry. And it seems as if Citroen aren't keen on them racing each other.

Personally, I'm not sure we really need a WTCC; There's far too many interpretations of a 'Touring car' - WTCC, BTCC, STCC, DTM, TC2000, V8 Supercar....et al

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW View Post
    Matt Neal and the other commentator were not too keen on Citroen, they seemed to dwell on the 'they are from rallying' this is racing theme. Perhaps Matt Neal remembers that Colin McRae was a Citroen driver in 2003, and he still hasn't forgiven Colin for Knockhill in the early 1990's when they raced, and collided. Colin in the Prodrive BMW.
    Yeah, for some reason Martin Haven chose to be one eyed about it also.

Andy, I agree somewhat, but the WTCC is in a rebuilding phase, the cars are looking better and hopefully it'll be more spectacular from now on. Whatever the reason there was no excuse for the pisspoor commentary that was given. What manufacturer in their right mind would have their cars fighting each other in the first round when they were both out in front as in the 2nd race, or 1,2,3 in the first.

The only people who seem to feel that Bennani was without fault were Neal, Haven and Tarquini who happily did the same thing to Priaulx a few years ago. Personally I think the FIA is too lenient on these sort of drivers. You've got idiots like Maldonado and Bennani who make really stupid mistakes and then don't realise they're at fault, these are the sorts of people who are going to end up killing another driver on a bad day...... Coronel was the one who initiated the contact it must be said, but then Bennani kept on pushing and instead of moving away from Tom and letting Tom regain control, he pushes across him which was always going to cause that accident. Tarquini did the same to Priaulx a few years in Monza I think..... didn't even get a penalty.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.