Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

School shootings and now school stabbings??

WTF is wrong with kids these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26959628

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Arm the teachers with guns.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Putting guns in the classroom is not the answer.
    All the teachers need is bigger knives.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Putting guns in the classroom is not the answer.
    All the teachers need is bigger knives.
    That'll keep the students sharp and on edge.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Had the attacker carried a gun, exercising his "right to bear arms", how many fatalities might there have been?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
    Had the attacker carried a gun, exercising his "right to bear arms", how many fatalities might there have been?
    The attacker was exercising his right to bear arms. Swords, clubs, bommy-knockers, koshers, knives and black puddings are all arms of sorts.
    This is probably a consequence of an unfettered right, without caveat as all of these incidences are. America has long since decided that this sort of thing is acceptable.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Doesn't make a lot of difference what weapon was used. There is little you can do to stop crazy. Though I'm sure some will now want to start registering knives and ban their use by all but law enforcement. Gonna be tough going gnawing those steaks at the Saturday cook out.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I'm not saying you can stop someone goig crazy. But, the consequences of going crazy with a knife are demonstrably less deadly than running amok with a gun.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

I'm not saying you can stop someone goig crazy. But, the consequences of going crazy with a knife are demonstrably less deadly than running amok with a gun.
    None the less, the proper solution is for early identification and treatment of people who are having mental issues, including incarceration in appropriate facilities for the truly dangerous, and not abridging the rights of the vast majority who are law abiding gun owners.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The attacker was exercising his right to bear arms. Swords, clubs, bommy-knockers, koshers, knives and black puddings are all arms of sorts.
    This is probably a consequence of an unfettered right, without caveat as all of these incidences are. America has long since decided that this sort of thing is acceptable.
    I'm not sure how this incident can be linked to an unfettered right... or an unfettered left. I haven't caught the details on what sort of knife this kid used, but short of a pen knife, most anything found in even a kitchen (anywhere in the world) could be used to inflict serious bodily harm.

While I was in L.A., a crazy guy walked into a police station, got into some sort of argument with a cop at he desk and whipped out a gun and shot the cop. Needless to say, the guy got lit up like a Christmas tree after he did it - but AFAIK, he is still alive (somehow). I think the cop survived too. Now how crazy is THAT?! And California is one of the most liberal states (with some of the toughest gun laws) in the U.S.

Crazy people do crazy things. I guess that's what makes them crazy. As far as what to do about them, that is above my pay grade. I really don't know what THE answer is there.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith