Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Pastor Maldonado

So he has been give a 5 place gird drop for China (half of what Ricciardo got for accidental pit release)

He also gets 3 points only, meaning he can flip 3 more cars before he gets a ban.

So what do you think. Is this punishment enough?

I mean I would say a 10 place drop and 6 points would be more justified
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    He had the harshest available in race punishment short of a disqualification, the 10 second stop go, so the 5 place drop is probably appropriate, and let's face it, in that car that will put him on or close to the back row. However, what he did today was as brainless as grosjean at spa a couple of years ago, just with only 1 driver taken out. Maybe he should have had more points on his licence also.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    RoGro was banned for a race after he tried to kill Alonso at Spa - I think Maldonado should be banned for a race, too.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    The guy is a fool and glad he's got a grid penalty, but it should be a 10 place not a 5! A race ban wouldn't go a miss as its not just this incident. He's been using his car as a weapon for his frustration for years now and its not being taken seriously enough. He rammed Perez in a Monaco practice session, he did the same to Hamilton after Lewis overtook him on a qualifying lap and he also took him out in Valencia. Pastor just doesn't have what it takes to compete in F1 and the sooner the money dries up the better as far as I am concerned.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    He's lucky he didn't cop a ban for that, that was completely moronic.

HOWEVER it completely highlighted the problem with the lower nose - the risk of one car going under another is much higher this year. Last year that impact would've spun Gutierrez around, no question.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears View Post
    He's lucky he didn't cop a ban for that, that was completely moronic.

HOWEVER it completely highlighted the problem with the lower nose - the risk of one car going under another is much higher this year. Last year that impact would've spun Gutierrez around, no question.
    Problem is - the wrong designer foresaw that. I think Newey said it would happen as early as last year. Now we've already had it happen twice. First Koba in Melbourne and now the axe murderer from venezuela. But since it was Newey, everybody dismissed it as 'Red Bull whining'. Maybe listening to them once in a while would help. Same was last year - everybody was up in arms against Merc and RB, because they complained about the tyres. That was, however, before Alonso nearly got killed by chunks of rubber flying past him at 300 kph.
    Last edited by dj_bytedisaster; 7th April 2014 at 13:20.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Except it was the tyres touching, not the low nose, that flipped the sauber yesterday.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    Except it was the tyres touching, not the low nose, that flipped the sauber yesterday.
    This. If you watch its the tyre contact that does it, Surprising as it may seem.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Without sounding smug, this is what I said in the low-nose debate forum. When one car flips another usually (sure there are cases when this isn't so) it is contact from the tyres that launches a car, the only way to stop this is either go to enclosed wheels i.e. sports car racing or do away with spinning wheels.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    So he has been give a 5 place gird drop for China (half of what Ricciardo got for accidental pit release)

He also gets 3 points only, meaning he can flip 3 more cars before he gets a ban.

So what do you think. Is this punishment enough?

I mean I would say a 10 place drop and 6 points would be more justified
    I agree completely. I think he should just be banned full stop and his F1 license removed. He's an incompetent dangerous driver who is going to responsible for a serious accident if not fatal one. Not alone that but he has just tried to defend himself as well saying that Guttierez gave him no room, which is a load of rubbish. It shows that there is sometime not teaching anyone about their mistakes no matter how much you punish them. He is, unfortunately, one of these drivers and F1 is better off without the fool.