Thread: Chase Elliott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Chase Elliott

Congratulations to Chase Elliott. The son of Bill Elliott, won his first Nationwide race, last night, at Texas Motor Speedway. He beat an impressive list of drivers, Kevin Harvick, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, to name a few of them. This kid is the "real deal". He will go far. Future Sprint Cup Champion!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    That was one of the most exciting Nationwide races I`ve seen in some time.
    Larson and Elliot are both the `real deal`

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    He's won the last two races, beating out Kyle Busch in the process. "Awesome Chase From Dawsonville" ?
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This, from Jayski, this morning. Good for Dale Earnhardt Jr. He is not going to move Chase up to the Cup level too soon. I'm guessing that Bill is also having some influnce in this decision as well!

Earnhardt Jr. not in a rush to push Elliott to Cup: #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr met with media on Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway and was asked about Chase Driver who drives for JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series:
    Q) REGARDING CHASE ELLIOTT, DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO SPEED UP HIS PREP BASED ON WHAT HE HAS BEEN DOING, OR DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN HIS PREP?
    Earnhardt Jr.: "I don't think you do either one. I think you just set a plan from the start, and you stick with it. We have like a two-year plan I suppose, that he runs in the Nationwide Series and I think you just stick with the plan regardless of the success he is having. You have the commitments in line with sponsors and what have you, so I think it will suit him well to relax and not have to worry about that and just follow the plan that he has had in front of him from the start. He is really young too, so he has a lot of time on his hands and time to get to Cup level to realize that potential, one day. But yes, I think he can just sit there and relax knowing what we tried to set out to do from the start and not really adjust."(Team Chevy)(5-18-2014)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm really glad to hear that's Jr's plan. Chase is too good a driver to have his career possibly messed up. I think that's the risk you run when there's a question about maturity both on and off the track.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329 View Post
    I'm really glad to hear that's Jr's plan. Chase is too good a driver to have his career possibly messed up. I think that's the risk you run when there's a question about maturity both on and off the track.
    Yes it is. There was a good article, that I read, I believe on ESPN.com, about Casey Atwood. It was about why he failed in the Cup Series. It was not because of lack of talent, he was loaded with raw talent and should have made it big. The problem was everything outside of the race car. Dealing with sponsors, the media, etc. If you'll remember, he was Bill Elliott's teamate at that team. It's a good read and it explains allot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Casey Atwood is the prime example. Ray Evernham did him no favors by moving him up to the Cup level entirely too soon.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329 View Post
    Casey Atwood is the prime example. Ray Evernham did him no favors by moving him up to the Cup level entirely too soon.
    That's right and then, the next year, putting him on a satellite was even worse. Evernham admitted that he made a big mistake doing that and made several other mistakes in handling Atwood's career as well. Casey is only 33 years old, I wish he could get another shot. He was one of the most talented young drivers to come up, he could still make it, with the right breaks!