Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Congratulations to Lappi for a great drive.

I bet this 1-2 for Skoda was really sweet for them, after Acropolis. They were faster and more reliable than the Peugeots here.

Liked 9,378 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Very disappointing to lose both Peugeot's but it was good while it lasted and I'm sure they will learn a massive amount more in a rally than testing...

Better luck next time and well done to Lappi.

#M-SPORTER

Liked 9,378 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Peugeot is telling bullshit, Breen stopped on the stage, was putting water into cooling circuit and now they say fuel pump was the problem...)))
    “We don’t actually know [what happened],” said Breen, “It’s something in the car has broken down and I just stopped. We’re not quite sure what it is. We just lost all power, we tried to restart but unfortunately she’s not agreeing with it.

“We really don’t know [if it’s an electrical problem] but it’s nothing related to the radiator at all..
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    “We don’t actually know [what happened],” said Breen, “It’s something in the car has broken down and I just stopped. We’re not quite sure what it is. We just lost all power, we tried to restart but unfortunately she’s not agreeing with it.

“We really don’t know [if it’s an electrical problem] but it’s nothing related to the radiator at all..
    Is it true or PR?

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Maybe it was posted already, but Abbring didn't restart because Breen needed some parts of Kevin his car.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Who would it thought position one and two for Skoda at this demanding rally?? Congrats to Czech team, indeed their huge experience and reliability with Fabia paid off. Of course congrats to Lappi as well !
    Peugeot-something is very wrong with this R5 car.....now it is again Andreucci's turn to correct this ''bad taste'' of P208R5...

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Imagine what happens if they say "we homologated a car with some stupid problem we can not fix." Who would buy such car? What would it do for their PR?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    After day one Peugeot had only one spare radiator and they decided to put it into Breens car, so there was no radiator left for Abbrings car. That's the reason why he didn't restart and maybe why they tried te repair his broken radiator... which is pretty stupid in car worth over 200k euros...
    Newly fitted radiator broke after just 3kms in Breens car. Peugeot can't say officially that they all the time have same problem, not only in bumpy Ireland but also on quite smooth Acropolis or San remo, so they are saying some PR bullshit.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    I missed the end of the rally as I was out for some karting with friends...

I have to say I was hugely surprised by Lappi's performance. He was really on it from the start. It was the best possible answer to all criticism after Acropolis. No need to comment the Peugeots, everything was said already. Wiegand I would say did quite well, I didn't expect him being faster. His second place has a lot to do with Peugeots out but that's how it goes. Barrable was solid through the rally, in the end he tried to keep Wiegand behind but made a mistake. Still great result for him I think. Nice surprise for me was also Sam Moffet. Pity for him the car broke down. Černý did very well when he found the right setup and it looks like he is on the way to Junior ERC crown. Chris Ingram was doing incredible with the bouncy Twingo but he was probably pushing a little bit too hard. Pity that the battles for victory were affected by a lot of retirements.

Roll on Acores
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Ingram got the Flat Out trophy