Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Great 2nd race, what a drive by Andrew Jordan. Despite the ballast, he wins the second race lights to flag just like race one.

A nice start to his season. The BMWs look fast. I thought Turkington drove really well to come through his teammates and Matt Neal. I was sure he was going to get Sheddon before the end.

Despite decent positions, I feel the Hondas of Shedden and Neal are not quite on the pace. Cant wait for race 3.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    I'd imagine it was exactly that. Very clean racing so far in general.
    Yes it has been.

What has the standard been like in recent years? I watched for a few years about 10-6 years ago and the level of driving seemed a fair bit lower then. I remember lots of contact between the lead drivers and many crashes.

It seems the drivers have tightened that up a bit. I seem to remember Muller in the Vauxhall when I watched being involved with Plato in the Seat quite often.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    What has the standard been like in recent years? I watched for a few years about 10-6 years ago and the level of driving seemed a fair bit lower then. I remember lots of contact between the lead drivers and many crashes.

It seems the drivers have tightened that up a bit. I seem to remember Muller in the Vauxhall when I watched being involved with Plato in the Seat quite often.
    The driving standards have improved hugely since the first half of 2011, when there was an awful lot of silliness. Last year was generally very good, with little more than basic racing incidents, and I hope that's continued into 2014.

Looking back a few years, as you say, the amount of contact used to be an embarrassment. 2004, with all the Plato/Muller squabbles, Anthony Reid pulling off some very dubious moves and others getting involved, was a real low point. All of that seems firmly in the past.

Ah yes, you have jogged my memory. Anthony Reid always seemed to be involved in moves, which has drivers almost facing up to each other and slagging each other off.

I had forgotten that.

Good to see its moved to a much more sensible and professional motorsport series.

Very definitely a tougher line being taken on incidents this year. Marc Hynes has been excluded from race two for contact with Martin Depper; some other penalties applied, too, notably to Aron Smith and Warren Scott.

A great race three, though I expect Menu — who showed the VW to have real front-running pace — now to be excluded for punting Ingram off; likewise Hynes for again having contact with Depper, and probably Hunter Abbott for spinning out Warren Scott. A very, very close contest right to the end at the front. What a pity Foster crept forward on the grid and thereby ruined his own very promising race. Jackson looked good in the Ford, but Giovanardi showed nothing of note. Plato raced brilliantly — and cleanly — to third.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    A great race three, though I expect Menu — who showed the VW to have real front-running pace — now to be excluded for punting Ingram off
    Ingram clearly moved across on Menu. No action will be taken there.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Ingram clearly moved across on Menu. No action will be taken there.
    But Menu wasn't alongside him at all. Based on the Hynes/Depper incident in race two, I'd expect Menu to be disqualified.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    But Menu wasn't alongside him at all. Based on the Hynes/Depper incident in race two, I'd expect Menu to be disqualified.
    Ingram turned himself round on the front of Menu's car. Just before the contact you can see him jink across in front of Menu, leaving the VW nowhere to go other than the grass.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Great race three. I had to delay watching it again. Plato surprised me. He came through like the proverbial knife through butter. A great podium.

Again get the feeling the Honda of Neal had average pace, but raced well. Turkington looked superior too.

I saw Menu way down in 18th or something early in race 3 so to drive through as he did was a good effort.

I think it was marginal but I agree that Menu really wasn't alongside enough. He could have lifted a tad and avoided the contact.