Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

BTCC Rd 1-3 - Brands Hatch

Hope no one minds but as its the opening weekend coming up I thought I would open a thread for the first meeting of 2014.

So what do y'all more experienced BTCC watchers think is going to happen this weekend.

It seems like it could be a bit chaotic with so many cars in the field this year.

Its also a comparatively short lap as its only the Indy circuit this weekend. I was due to go but due to breaking my foot I cannot make it. I was heading for Druids which is one of my personal favourite places to watch from. There is always so much action.

Is anyone on here going?

Anyway hope its a nice weekend.
    Who would you see as favourites this weekend?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Goodness knows. The test at the media day was so disrupted by the weather that it's very hard to assess true pace. I'd be surprised if Jordan and the works Hondas, Plato and Tordoff's MGs, and Turkington's BMW weren't at the front, but with so many cars in the field anything could happen. Finding a clear lap in qualifying will certainly be a challenge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I loved it two years ago, especially Druids.

I guess it will be the Hondas the MGs and Turkington at the front. I don't expect the Passat to perform extremely well and maybe the Merc and some of the Audis will be the surprse of the race.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Quote Originally Posted by Donney View Post
    I guess it will be the Hondas the MGs and Turkington at the front. I don't expect the Passat to perform extremely well and maybe the Merc and some of the Audis will be the surprse of the race.
    Indeed — the Passats aside, I'll be surprised if the Motorbase Fords are right up at the sharp end. Giovanardi has clearly been managing expectations, saying he, like Menu in the VW, needs more track time. Rob Austin may well be near the front if the car runs reliably.

Qualifying times from today:

http://www.btcc.net/wp-content/uploa...ification2.pdf

A very, very close session. Ingram a surprise in sixth, far ahead of the other Toyota drivers, but how's his BTCC racecraft? The BMR VWs better than expected too.

Thanks for posting those. I was trying yesterday, but I couldn't find them.

Looking very close and with the major runners all up the sharp end.

As you say it appears Ingram is the most unlikely top 10 qualifier. Good effort. Lets hope the racing today is close too.

I had to go out this morning. So I am watching delayed. Just about to watch the first race.

Interesting that they are clamping down hard on off the track driving. Your outside wheel has to stay on the kerb. I wonder how enforceable it is. I mean it seems like a lot of cars could run wide.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Depper disqualified. Harsh by usual BTCC standards, but hopefully its the start of a consistent crack-down on driving standards.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Silly crash in the Ginetta race. guy starting 4th had a great start and just run someone off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Depper disqualified. Harsh by usual BTCC standards, but hopefully its the start of a consistent crack-down on driving standards.
    I'd imagine it was exactly that. Very clean racing so far in general.

The BMWs are looking very strong on the race three grid: Collard on pole, Foster (who drove the most brilliant opening lap of race two) second and Turkington fourth. Turning into a bit of a slog for Menu and Giovanardi so far. Warren Scott did well in that last race; Newsham and Marc Hynes very disappointing so far.