Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F1LT app

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Re: F1LT app

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Dawg.....They no longer are giving sector times on live timing, (my guess is) because they want everyone to buy the app. If that is the case That.. Bro... Sucks!
    +1
    No "weather and speed" tab either.
    I hope it's just a start-of-season glitch. There have been problems with it on the first race weekend before.
    If it is a permanent change, the Help page in the live timing app contains an email address that could be the one to complain to.
    The sector times have been put behind the pay wall. Pay 10€ in unmarked notes and you'll get them back. Else they'll be taken outside and shot.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    The sector times have been put behind the pay wall. Pay 10€ in unmarked notes and you'll get them back. Else they'll be taken outside and shot.
    I can't see any way to do that for the Java applet. Is there no way to get sector times on Windows now?

I can't see any way to do that for the Java applet. Is there no way to get sector times on Windows now?
    No, they've been taken out for good else all the app users would have switched to their laptops. Only way to get sector times back is buying an electronic penis enlargement and forking over the dough for the app.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

So, how much for the penis enlargement? Is this the Ron Jeremy enhancement?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    So, how much for the penis enlargement? Is this the Ron Jeremy enhancement?
    You can get an Android one for lets say half a bazillion quid or you can pay a full bazillion and get the same length, but with a slightly used apple tatooed to it

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

Billy's missus uses both
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Dawg.....They no longer are giving sector times on live timing, (my guess is) because they want everyone to buy the app. If that is the case That.. Bro... Sucks!
    +1
    No "weather and speed" tab either.
    I hope it's just a start-of-season glitch. There have been problems with it on the first race weekend before.
    If it is a permanent change, the Help page in the live timing app contains an email address that could be the one to complain to.
    Can I pay in Bitcoins? I don't have any of my own, but I hear it's relatively easy to steal them.

I was going to buy the Softpauer app anyway for this iPad Air thingy that I just got. But it would still be nice to have a (free) basic timing & scoring app for my computer.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

well I gave in and just shelled out the 9.99€ (or ~1/12th of my yearly proxy budget ) for the app... stoopid donkey me
    First impression: pretty good, I was able to replay the qualy sector times, nice tracking overview with speeds and gears, curve comparisions...
    BUT
    I miss the Mariusz F1LT features like like lap-by-lap comparisons between two drivers, or selecting ~4 drivers to concentrate on

or maybe I just haven't found those features yet
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The official app, on Android at least, is a mess. It looks like a hurried port from iOS and is an unholy buggy crapfest. I've tried it on two phones and a tablet, as well as Bluestacks on the PC, and it crashes on all 4 systems. I'm not forking out for the full version until I see some major improvements. Pretty much every other motorsport series has better live timing available than F1, for free, so I'm not impressed.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    The official app, on Android at least, is a mess. It looks like a hurried port from iOS and is an unholy buggy crapfest. I've tried it on two phones and a tablet, as well as Bluestacks on the PC, and it crashes on all 4 systems. I'm not forking out for the full version until I see some major improvements. Pretty much every other motorsport series has better live timing available than F1, for free, so I'm not impressed.
    I agree
    it was a mess throughout the entire weekend
    1. massa was kept showing on p8
    2. when you follow a driver, after a minute or two it refreshes without notice and the driver you are following disappears
    3. it has potential, but seems far from a finished product.
    4. no weather section or updates
    5. intermittent and selective team radio
    6. on 3 separate occasions the app just crashed, on the 3rd time I had to restart my phone, because it was stuck on the black app screen

So far I am unimpressed. the only benefit was seeing the sector times
    you can't argue with results.