Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky Sports

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Sky Sports

Viewers were not so important? Bernie, what planet are you on?!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    Not sure where your getting this but the guide only shows Qualifying on SKY1, nothing about the race on Sunday. If it was they would have advertised it.
    What's the point of that?
    Maybe they are thinking that people will watch Qauli on Sky1 on Saturday, and then enjoy it, making them want to pay to upgrade to the sports package.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommy2k8
    What's the point of that?
    Maybe they are thinking that people will watch Qauli on Sky1 on Saturday, and then enjoy it, making them want to pay to upgrade to the sports package.
    I'm sure that's exactly what they're hoping.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

It doesn't take a genius to realise that it won't attract that many people to upgrade though. for the first 12 months the channel was on air you could receive it with the HD package and even that didn't tempt enough new subscribers. Why would people suddenly want to pay £43.50 a month just off the back of one quali session? I don't think the Sky marketing team are that dull. I think this has more to do with the pressure they have got because of dwindling viewing figures overall.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bottom line: all Bernie sees is money!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

This. Bernie doesn't care about fans like Henners and others. In fact in a perverse way he clearly doesn't care much for F1 as a sport. Which is amazing considering he owns and runs F1.

His money chasing attitude is making F1 more of forgotten sport already. Imagine 2 years time, if F1 is not on free to air at all.

Barely anyone in the UK would actually follow F1, and while that would still give Bernie his money it would be ruining F1 as a sport completely.

F1's heyday was the BBC coverage from 78-96 every race live. It was not perfect then (i.e no real coverage around the race) ITV tried to add that, but ad brakes ruined it.

F1 finally hit its peak I would say with BBC 2009-2011 when it returned ad free and with greater coverage than ever.

That was when F1 was in its best place in the UK and likely to stay there. Now by chasing money Bernie is causing F1 to sink probably back to pre 78 when not all races were live.

It could soon hit an all time low. Is that what Bernie wants?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In other news, the Pope is catholic

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Sky Sports

My wife bought me a SkyBox F5S For Xmas and this has PVR recording built in as well as wifi. Just need to get an additional satellite cable fitted and the software from a friend of my father in law. I should have the full Sky package in time for the F1 season and ready for Game of Thrones in 2015 for around £100. I will still be watching the BBC as they are better at the coverage, but it will be nice to see he other half of the races in full too. If people can get Sky's product for around a sixth of the price, I think they have a problem. It's a winner for me though