Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    this is not an accident !!!!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    The next initial theory to join the list. The cockpit windscreen cracks & the co-pilot? at the controls not belted in? is sucked out. The Pilot? returning from a bio-break is unable to re-enter cockpit. The Plane takes an auto descent due to de-pressurisation.
    I think the sound of the air rushing into the cockpit would exceed the noise of the pilot? knocking on the cockpit door.
    How close to Gap - the Monte Carlo Rally route is the crash site?
    I have relatives flying around Europe/ the Planet regularly, I certainly wonder where they are at times when unfortunate events like this happen.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    The Plane takes an auto descent due to de-pressurisation.
    I have doubts that planes do that.... that they auto-descent even in the case of de-pressurisation. I imagine changing altitude levels is always initiated by a pilot and always after being cleared by air traffic controllers. Otherwise it would be chaos up there if planes start descending by themselves with no warning.

4. Likes: journeyman racer (26th March 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Pilot

So really sad and bad news if the US news programme is to be believed,that one pilot goes out of the cabin for whatever reason .Senses that the plane is dropping fast as a brick ,the doors locked from the inside ,the co pilot will not let him in !
    Another rouge pilot ,and as Roamy said an accident,and 150 people killed due to a problem with the guy at the controls.
    Should it now be illegal for either pilot to leave the flight deck ,once the plane is in the air ?

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    The Airbus over Australia did some movements on its own due to faulty software.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qantas_Flight_72
    The B2 pilots have a stainless steel bowl for bio-breaks. A commode could probably be squeezed on the flight deck. Now just make sure the pilots don't eat the same batch of food.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northro...man_B-2_Spirit
    Jet passenger flying must be stressful, there is the story of the two pilots who meet an alcoholics anonymous meeting and figure they must have flown the same plane together across the Atlantic while both were in an alcoholic stupor.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Should it now be illegal for either pilot to leave the flight deck ,once the plane is in the air ?
    I guess they should have toilets in the cockpit then. I was under the impression that when a pilot leaves the cockpit there should be at least a flight attendant in there just to make sure someone can open that door if the other pilot loses consciousness for instance. At least that's what they were saying at some point in one air crash investigation episode and it makes sense if the door can be opened only from inside. I've noticed in my own flights that they don't follow this procedure. Maybe it's not mandatory in Europe?

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    This video explains how the cockpit door in airplanes work. In case of a medical emergency it can always be opened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=138&v=ixEHV7c3VXs

EDIT: Just confirmed by the French prosecutors that it was indeed a suicide attack by the co-pilot
    Last edited by Lousada; 26th March 2015 at 13:46.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Yes I also read it on The Guardian's page just now.
    Quite horrible that those innocent people knew for 10 minutes that they were going to their death.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Horrendous news for the parents and families too
    Why are there so many accidents and pilots prepared to kill innocent passengers ,and in the name of what ?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I'm wondering if the pilot was packing a 357 magnum he coould have blown the freaking' door open and shoved 4 inches of cold steel up that son of a britches ass, and give him an extreme enema. I realize it would likely cause a loss of cabin pressure, but the outcome couldn't end up any worse.

What do you think Roamy?