Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    But again NO debri !
    So?

There have been plenty of aircraft crashes before at sea where no debris has been found, usually in the days before radar where the exact position of the accident was not known for a while, just as in this case. It was more than a week before they started looking towards the west of Australia for debris, enough time for most parts to sink.

The signal from the black box was heard by the passive sonar systems deployed around the crash site which is pretty good proof that the aircraft went down in that approximate area.

If there is a conspiracy theory it is that the massive sound emitted by the black boxes (by military standards) were not heard before by any military submarines in the area, although that could be because there were simply no submarines in the area and there wouldn't particularly be any reason for them to be there either. If you're digging more, you could argue that the refusal of the neighbouring South East Asian states to share information that would compromise the abilities of their air defence radar network delayed the switch in search areas from south of Vietnam to west of Australia but thats about it I'm afraid.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I hope seat cushions designed to float , are designed to do so for more than a week .

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    That is a very good point Baggy.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I have a friend who knows a pilot,he is not convinced it's at the bottom of an Ocean

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    The aircraft in that video is a Boeing 737, about half the length and weight of a 777.
    It was not meant to say that 777 can do the same as 737, more to illustrate that you can land passanger planes on places no-one could imagine

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    It was not meant to say that 777 can do the same as 737, more to illustrate that you can land passanger planes on places no-one could imagine
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/62440303@N04/5683785190/
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Anything to sell papers !!! Was looking to see April 1st ,but it was not !
    Malaysians are convinced the Americans know and Boeing too ,BUT why the secrecy ,will the 777 appear again with different markings ? If there is a conspiracy was it because of the cargo or the 20 so odd personnel from the same company going to sell secrets to China ? Something very odd ,and I hope we dont have to wait 30 years to find the truth !

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    The phrase "wild goose chase" comes to mind .

So , for the bigger conspiracy being put forth , the prize would have to be pretty big .

I met a couple , as I may have mentioned early in the thread , who said they had been watching a company in Texas that had patents regarding a new form of energy , one harvested from the earth's magnetic field .
    Both were formerly government supported scientists , and so , were both still keenly interested , following the behind the scenes scuttlebut .

They were not surprised when they heard about the plane going missing .

If they are , in fact right about this , and the Malaysian Government is asking about the "man behind the curtain" , they will not be making friends of TCG , and those in high places .
    We may see a few tainting reports about Malaysia soon , as they are punished for their cheekiness here .

I do hope they are able to ask some hard questions in the world press , though , as 239 people are still unaccounted for , and many answers are needed , no matter how sick the truth .

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    I spoke to a pilot friend of mine over the weekend.

A couple of guys he knows died in a plane crash some time ago. He says all the media speculation, and all the theories of what happened in that crash were really far off from what the data and analysis eventually showed to have happened. For this reason he hasn't been following the news on this story.

He did say something interesting though that I hadn't heard before. The first thing that he thought of after hearing that a jet had gone missing was that it had been taken (no speculation as to by whom) and parted out. He said he didn't necessarily think that that's what had happened - just that it was the first thing to come to mind.
    Who knew there was a market for used jet parts, just like for car parts?

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Even I'm not that crazy