Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minardi View Post
    The TEXT MESSAGE sent to the families of the people on board. I'm astounded... a text message to tell the families the news they were so desperately hoping they wouldn't hear is just inexcusable and unacceptable
    I am still waiting for one piece of material evidence. Then I can sign on. I would not even be comfortable with just plane parts. Give me a suitcase or a body
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    For me strangest thing is that no debris has been found. If they are so sure where abouts it crashed, how come not a piece has bee found? There are so many ships and aircraft around that soumethung ahould have been found IMHO

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    For me strangest thing is that no debris has been found. If they are so sure where abouts it crashed, how come not a piece has bee found? There are so many ships and aircraft around that soumethung ahould have been found IMHO
    Not that strange Imo, it's is a large search area and possible debris would have sunk several weeks ago (a couple of days after the crash).
    Possible luggage and cushions could still be afloat but then it depends on winds, waves and ocean currents where
    they are now in the case that it would still be afloat.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Not that strange Imo, it's is a large search area and possible debris would have sunk several weeks ago (a couple of days after the crash).
    Possible luggage and cushions could still be afloat but then it depends on winds, waves and ocean currents where
    they are now in the case that it would still be afloat.
    I smell bullsh!t - but i will wait until they get done with the rest of the sub area. To sink that plane intact would have required a spot on landing in calm seas. The last time I checked foam insulation floats.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I am not convinced it is in the sea .I will take some convincing that it has not landed somewhere ,and the passengers have been starved of oxygen to keep them quiet,and it's somewhere in the Taliban part of Pakistan .There has been NO oilslicks and not one scrap of flotsam .How could the pilots have dropped that plane onto the ocean floor with no debris ?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    I am not convinced it is in the sea .I will take some convincing that it has not landed somewhere ,and the passengers have been starved of oxygen to keep them quiet,and it's somewhere in the Taliban part of Pakistan .There has been NO oilslicks and not one scrap of flotsam .How could the pilots have dropped that plane onto the ocean floor with no debris ?
    The question I have is: Why would the pilots have gone in that direction? If suicide or terrorism were the treason, why not just straight down or into some significant object? If something incapacitated the pilots, why the change/s of direction? Too many unanswered questions. Too much garbage fed to the media.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    There has been so many ships and airplanes on search that some floating debris should have been seen somewhere. Larger bits have probably sunk, but not everything sinks. There is so much garbage floating in all seas, that some from the plane should have been found if it is where they say it went down.

I don't have any theories on where it might be, but something very strange happened, that is for sure

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    They should have found something by now .
    I'm a little surprised that whomever has the plane , buried in the sand , hasn't tossed a few floatation cushions out there to be found .
    Although , the mystery of it all does put pressure on the world's governments to share information , and it's seeming more likely , in my opinion , that that is perhaps what this is all about .

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    It has not landed anywhere. A large plane like the Boeing 777 requires a long paved runway and I’m sure satellite images of potential landing spots have already been reviewed. A large plane like that is very difficult to conceal.

The plane crashed into the sea. It broke apart on impact with most of it, especially the heavy parts, sinking in pieces and scattering all over the sea floor.
    What little that hasn’t sunk has stayed afloat, again in pieces, and with wind and current scattered over thousands of square miles of ocean. In a few weeks time we’ll start to find bits and pieces (potentially even decomposed bodies, at least those that haven’t been devoured by sharks) washing upon shores all over the Indian Ocean.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    It has not landed anywhere. A large plane like the Boeing 777 requires a long paved runway and I’m sure satellite images of potential landing spots have already been reviewed. A large plane like that is very difficult to conceal.

The plane crashed into the sea. It broke apart on impact with most of it, especially the heavy parts, sinking in pieces and scattering all over the sea floor.
    What little that hasn’t sunk has stayed afloat, again in pieces, and with wind and current scattered over thousands of square miles of ocean. In a few weeks time we’ll start to find bits and pieces (potentially even decomposed bodies, at least those that haven’t been devoured by sharks) washing upon shores all over the Indian Ocean.
    I agree with your post in general although the bolded part depends on winds and currents (image taken from here).
    In a worst case scenario any possible floating debris will be stuck in an endless loop of currents.

As for the bodies, if they do re-surface after some time, they will eventually re-sink when the gases inside have been released.
    Also at the depths we're talking about here (several thousand meters), the water pressure is enormous.
    At 4000m the pressure force is about 411.033 kg per square centimetres, which is about 5845Psi.
    Then consider that the human body surface (of a 175cm long and 70kg heavy person) is around 1.85m2 and one m2 is 10000cm2.
    This you can get a grasp of the enormous pressure that a human body is exposed to at 4000m depth.

This means that bodies will implode at such depths and I think it is unlikely that they will re-surface from such depths.
    Last edited by BleAivano; 24th April 2014 at 16:15.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...