Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy
Most of those names came from countries with very strong backing for rallying and an established process for building people up to the top tiers of rallying (ie the ASN actually supports/funds in a significant way as the have the ability to!). Plus they are European, so the key events to learn in are local and comparatively cheap (I mean this in comparison to flying half way round the world with your team and car).

You can't really compare that to the Asia Pacific market, which has very little ability to progress swiftly with good competition and at a reasonable cost. APRC is relatively expensive and a very limited range of competitors (last year rounds were won outright by a 2WD R1 car) and doesn't really have a well contested 2WD feeder category.

Australia I guess is an option, but only recently has their been a chance to progress in a well supported 2WD series? So realistically you have to spend some time here learning how to drive and succeed before you can show enough worth to be able to go further. There has been several from this region who have moved to competing internationally but Atkinson, Possum Bourne and Arai are the only ones who have succeeded to some degree at this for some time now, and they all date back to effectively a different generation in the WRC.

So only real option is to move to Europe and do the events you can afford for those of us from the bottom of the world. But you can't get support to do that without a money tree or sponsors, and to get sponsors you need results... So in this context I feel winning local/regional events is important for anyone from this part of the world.
Fair point. Thank You.