Hybrid View

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Open roads proposal

Very, very important for UK motorsport fans (but would be nice if those abroad could weigh in too), the government consultation to allow the closure of roads for purposes of motorsport to come under the jurisdiction of local authorities. This would mean that it would be considerably easier to hold events on public roads, which would really open up the current issue we have with disappearing venues.

Therefore I urge you to read the attached and e-mail your comments on to the committee (or use the MSA guideline responses) to add weight behind this

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/news ... dRoads.pdf
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Taken from the Scottish Borders Council (Jim Clark Memorial Rally) Order Confirmation Act 1996

(7) If any person without the consent of the Council knowingly and without reasonable excuse enters or remains upon any public road which is closed to him, or drives or causes or permits to be driven a vehicle upon any public road or part of a public road which is closed to that vehicle under this section, or fails to comply with any condition subject to which the Council have given their consent under this section, he shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale.

(8)In proceedings for an offence under subsection (7) above, it shall be a defence for the person charged to prove that he took all reasonable precautions and exercised all due diligence to avoid the commission of the offence.
    Fine of up to £2500.

But if there isn't a sign up making you aware the road is closed.....
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I wonder how exactly this would play out in practice? I would personally love to have more events to see.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy