Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

C'mon INDYCAR SERIES!!!

So a shortened season, and absolutely no PR push whatsoever!!!! I would have rather just watched Champcar completely fade away into oblivion! If you bought out the Champcar series, at least you could fight to the end!!! Indycar could still be something, but not at this rate of activity. Of course I'll still watch and hope something brings this series back to even half of what it once was!!! C'mon whomever is responsible!!!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts

Re: C'mon INDYCAR SERIES!!!

I have to agree, it's very quiet from the Indycar guys, even confusion over whether the news Jacques Villeneuve was doing the Indy 500 was true or not from top journalists. On the other hand series like the BTCC are doing massive promotion work everywhere.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    I have to agree, it's very quiet from the Indycar guys, even confusion over whether the news Jacques Villeneuve was doing the Indy 500 was true or not from top journalists. On the other hand series like the BTCC are doing massive promotion work everywhere.
    A good step forward for IndyCar was firing the previous PR people. It takes a bit for a whole new crew to get up to speed and start showing progress. That adjustment period should be pretty much over now. Hopefully, and assuming they were given a reasonable budget, we should start seeing something soon.

Pro autosport here is not in especially great shape right now. One United (IMSA/GrandAm) team has already closed down for the year and the 900 lb gorilla, NASCAR, is less than it was a few years ago.

On the plus side, amateur racing is pretty healthy. Take a look at the two major scheduling websites, MotorsportReg and DLB and you'll see a plethora of dates and tracks - races, PDX, autoX and track days all across the US. There are many new amateur sanctioning groups having dates. Probably most of those new groups won't last, but SCCA and NASA, LeMons, ChumpCar as well as the marque clubs are going pretty strong and some of the regional ones like EMRA here in the east are doing OK too.

There's even a new track being built just south of Wash DC. Dominion was in another location and had to close because of local development and regs and the owner has the new facility currently under construction with a small oval (he has dates for some of the NASCAR series) and a two mile road course. He has the financing in place and dirt is actually moving (I was at the ground breaking a couple months ago.).

Over here it's tough to compete with the stick and ball sports when it comes to TV time and that's the gold standard for advertisers/sponsors. True that IndyCar shot itself in the foot with the split and all and hasn't helped itself with inept and /or underfunded management and promotion. I'm optimistic about the future though.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Looking good JPM
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is up with that Toronto back 2 back. Looks like cutting cost more than anything to me.
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis