Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Question Your plans for 2015....

So, with the new season on the brink of getting under way, what is in store for you this year? Have you got any plans to go to a WRC event, more than one, maybe, or all of them??!

What about outside of the WRC, any regional rallies? National events?

What about outside of rallying - any other motorsport adventures planned?

Myself, I'm still not planning on any WRC events at the moment. I would like to go to the ERC Açores (just for that stage ) but doesn't look like I will have time for it this year

I will be co-driving again on the Safari Rally, they changed the date to the Easter weekend after withdrawing from the African Rally Championship. We may well end up doing the Pearl of Africa Rally (in Uganda) at the end of August too, and hopefully a couple of Kenyan or Tanzanian rally championship rounds if timing and potential sponsorship allows... And of course I'll be taking photos on the Classic Safari Rally in November, which has a brand new route this time and they are using one stage that is 184km long

As well as all that, I'll be filming quite a lot of UK rallies for TV over here, co-driving in an event or two in the UK would be a bonus too. So should all keep me quite busy!

What about you?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
    2015 starts from Monte Carlo.

NORF for sure.

Maybe some other WRC events too..
    "San Romolo opettaa"

3. Likes: J4MIE (9th January 2015),pantealex (9th January 2015)
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    I like the idea of this thread. I'm sure I'll be jealous of all of your itineraries!!

WRC
    Rally Finland + some days testing if we're lucky
    Rally Australia

Australian Rally Championship
    National Capital

5. Likes: J4MIE (9th January 2015),pantealex (9th January 2015)
    Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Our plans: only photographing/watching.

7 Dutch events.
    Probably 3 or 4 Belgian Events
    WRC Italy
    WRC Finland
    WRC Germany
    WRC Spain
    And probably some rallyraids / crosscountry events.

7. Likes: J4MIE (9th January 2015),pantealex (9th January 2015),Rallyper (9th January 2015)
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    This year I can't afford to compete on both gravel and tarmac, so will probably spend the year saving to compete in Targa in October, which is our 6 day tarmac rally here in NZ. Competed in it twice and it's good fun, but a bit expensive. Other than that I will focus on keeping my hand in driving at as many local sprints as possible and maybe share a drive in a friends car doing endrance racing again.

Sadly there is no WRC event here and I can't really justify spending money spectating in Oz. I may visit the APRC round which comes to Whangarei in the North of New Zealand.

If the WRC does return here for 2016 I will do some gravel events at the end of the year and start remembering how to drive on gravel (slowly though!) to get ready for that returning.
    Last edited by Munkvy; 9th January 2015 at 09:53.

9. Likes: J4MIE (9th January 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Combining Rallies and Scuba Diving : Monte Carlo, Sardinia, Finland and Wales.
    Between WRC events, historic rallies as a driver with fellow Fiat, Abarth, Lancia friends from all around Europe.
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

11. Likes: J4MIE (9th January 2015),pantealex (9th January 2015)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    3x Germany
    3x ERC
    10x WRC

planned for 2015
    maybe single again after that

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    My plan is to do all events in ERC, nothing in WRC, most of events in both Czech championships and if there will be free weekend in my calendar, I will be co-organising/timekeeping MTB DH races or timekeeping different sports (slalom, enduro, motocross, cross country, supermoto, skiing...)

14. Likes: J4MIE (10th January 2015)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I've planned WRC Sweden, Sardinia, Germany and Wales so far, it's likely one or 2 events will be added (to choose between Poland, France and Catalunya). Also complete Belgian championship (consists of 9 events including ERC Ypres) and one French gravel event (Terre de l'Auxerrois) are on the calendar.

And I'm already saving up holidays in case NZ gets on the WRC calendar in 2016...

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Until yesterday I planned Rally Sweden. Unfortenately I can´t attend RS this year. Didn´t last year as well.

But NORF of course. The event any lover of rallies can´t miss!!

Working shift but have been looking at Portugal which suits my scedule. (Been there once in 2011)

Would like to go to Germany as well but don´t think so. (First time)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

17. Likes: pantealex (9th January 2015)