Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FGP 2014

Hybrid View

Liked 1,106 Times in 615 Posts

FGP 2014

Welcome one and all. This thread will server as the primary throughout the season. For those returning players please go here: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/ and start creating your teams.

For those of you that are new please read the following summary of how FGP is played:

Everyone has a budget of 48,000,000 with which you use to build a team. Your team will consist of:
    - two official drivers
    - a 3rd driver, which is used if one of your official drivers misses a race and your 3rd driver races.
    - one chassis
    - one team-engine.
    Lastly, choose a Grand Prix that will be your Bonus GP. Your team will score double points at that race.
    Once complete please choose a name for your team and then post your entry in this thread.

From this season forward I will be using team-engines. This change means that no longer will we pick an engine and score points based on which engine-powered car crosses the finish line first. Now each team will choose the F1 team's engine and each team will only score points based on the first car to cross the finish line. As an example, if a team choose red bull-renault as their engine that team will score engine points only for the red bull team.

ALSO. UAE/Abu Dhabi will NOT be allowed as a bonus GP.

The deadline for entering a team is the end of Thursday, March 13th.

Thank You for Reading. Good Luck!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Sweet! (adding letters to meet the ten character limit)

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM STATEMENT

We deliver a belated review of the season opening Australian Grand Prix.

Due to technical problems i.e. rjbetty sitting on his laptop and breaking most o the screen... communications have not been possible.

We were always hopeful of a stronger performance this season, as we now take things more seriously in our 2nd year (no more parties!) The change of our team identity to the strong and reliable Ford Focus (C-Max, or whatever the souped up version is called, that team boss rjbetty wants) from the troublesome Vauxhall Astra (good riddance) has appeared to prove as much a masterstroke as Williams dumping Renault for Mercedes.

We were delighted and amazed to see we had finished the Australian GP in 5th place, our previous best being two top 20 finishes in Monza and Bahrain in 2013. Even more so that we were actually the first of the non-bonus GP teams.

We had a feeling that choosing Monaco as our bonus GP may have been the wrong choice, and did feel we should have gone for Australia. If we had done so, we would have ended up winning the race by 20pts!

ON OUR RIVALS
    Much congratulations go to Happy Bubble Racing Team and Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team who we are in a sort of partnership with, sharing Steve's desktop fan and my copy of Grand Prix 2 etc. After being down the fiel last season, they too were both at the sharp end, and even though Ricciardo was disqualified (and we just had a feeling someone would be!) they performed very strongly indeed and look in good form for the season.

We feel we will very much regret passing the opportunity to sign Ricciardo, who is the bargain of the season and believe he will easily outscore Magnussen over the year. Given that we had 1M spare, we may well rue not going for the sensible option and trying to be too radical again...

Even so, we are very proud of what Kevin has done so far and in that way, we are very pleased we signed him.

ON THE 2014 SEASON

Unlike last year, this season loos to be a very closely contested and competitive one, with many teams able to do well. Happily it looks like we are one of them. Though we know it is disappointing entrants are down on last year, 33 is still a good number, and not that much less than last year (13 less). It didn't help that 2013 was dull as dishwater. We still have enough entrants to make this a great season.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Aki's Hedgehog racing still holds out hope of getting into the top 10 in Oz once Red Bulls appeal for Riccardo's points goes through
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/malaysia

Malaysia GP Results:

1 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 54
    1 3-2-1 Ray Sing 54
    3 AMG FGP Racing 50

Overall Standings:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fg.../-00-standings

1 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing* 174
    2 Minardi* 159
    3 Bobby's Bits* 158
    4 GP Stood Guard* 145
    5 3-2-1 Ray Sing 114
    6 Ford Focus F1 Team sponspored by Dominos 112
    7 Team Marlboro Koz Racing 107
    8 AMG FGP Racing 100
    8 Cabbage Face 100
    10 McLaren Forever 99
    10 warumnicht rensport 99

I hate my team and will make certain I wait until AFTER testing is complete to build it!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team Statement

AHRT would like to deny rumours that team boss Steveaki13 is already considering throwing Maldonado's car off of Southend Pier.

After the Malaysian GP AHRT were still maintaining an upbeat look out. After all they are now a midfield contender rather than a backmarker.

Steveaki13 was quoted :

"Its good to see the team has made a step forward for 2014. Its not quite happened like we had hoped, but if Ricciardo gets his points back for Australia we should be well into the top half. "

He also quipped "Congrats to rjbetty and Ford Focus F1 Team. They look mighty this season and we are happy that they have tasted some real success. We hope we might race them soon. At least we have both left the days of battling Oxyclean POSF1 type teams behind. "

As for his components

"Mercedes has produced a fantastic chassis and we really hit gold with that, the Mclarens engine has been an up and then down affair. Ricciardo has driven well and had no luck. We would be around the bottom of the top 10 had he got what he deserved.

As for Maldonado and his Lotus..............
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    making a slight comeback. and moving up ever so slightly
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Wow, in over 8 years of running in FGP, I believe this is my first GP win ever!

Who would have thought it would come on a circuit which wasn't even my bonus GP?

Yay!

PS: Thank N. Jones
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver