Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    If you look closely the Haas logo is on the lower side pod of the Ferrari cars as of the British GP. By all accounts it's a done deal, and it appears that Haas will work in a partnership with Ferrari similar to the Toro Rosso/RB teams.
    Yes, Gene Haas established a technical partnership with Ferrari. And IMO, that was a brilliant move. What Haas is after is the European market in automated and CNC machine tools. His is the dominant company here in North America. But in Europe and Asia, the Japanese CNC companies still dominate the market. Getting into F1 is a good move... getting into Ferrari F1 is a brilliant move.

And mark my words, Danica Patrick is almost sure to be involved in the car in some way, due to the draw she has. I doubt she'll drive the thing, but crazier things have happened!
    I predict that she will wear a see-thru driving suit and sit in an F1 show car while members of the crew pull the car down the pitlane with a rope.... and a giant fan will be blowing her hair in the wind the whole time. Then the know-nothing feminist whiners from CNBC will interview her about her chances of winning the WDC, the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 the same year. Seconds later, I will vomit in my trash can, as I often do when watching CNBC or Bloomberg these days. Faux Business News just discusses politics while they run a stock ticker... it's as big a joke as the other two, if not more so. I sure wish Reuters would start a financial news station. Oh well...

Jokes aside, I'm sure they will give her some sort of make-believe "test", that's really just a demo run/PR stunt. But Gene is smart and knows he has to be sensitive to the "girl power" gender politics currently directing the media in this country right now. It's better to say nice things about a half-talented female, rather than tell the truth (she has accomplished nothing, apart from her gender, which would put her in Formula One). By the time he gets to the grid, what will she be, 34 or 35??? Imagine a mid 30's driver, who has never won a professional road course race in her life, being in the highest form of motorsports. But I think you're right: they'll find some reason to stick her little face in front of a camera.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Yes, Gene Haas established a technical partnership with Ferrari. And IMO, that was a brilliant move. What Haas is after is the European market in automated and CNC machine tools. His is the dominant company here in North America. But in Europe and Asia, the Japanese CNC companies still dominate the market. Getting into F1 is a good move... getting into Ferrari F1 is a brilliant move.

I predict that she will wear a see-thru driving suit and sit in an F1 show car while members of the crew pull the car down the pitlane with a rope.... and a giant fan will be blowing her hair in the wind the whole time. Then the know-nothing feminist whiners from CNBC will interview her about her chances of winning the WDC, the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 the same year. Seconds later, I will vomit in my trash can, as I often do when watching CNBC or Bloomberg these days. Faux Business News just discusses politics while they run a stock ticker... it's as big a joke as the other two, if not more so. I sure wish Reuters would start a financial news station. Oh well...

Jokes aside, I'm sure they will give her some sort of make-believe "test", that's really just a demo run/PR stunt. But Gene is smart and knows he has to be sensitive to the "girl power" gender politics currently directing the media in this country right now. It's better to say nice things about a half-talented female, rather than tell the truth (she has accomplished nothing, apart from her gender, which would put her in Formula One). By the time he gets to the grid, what will she be, 34 or 35??? Imagine a mid 30's driver, who has never won a professional road course race in her life, being in the highest form of motorsports. But I think you're right: they'll find some reason to stick her little face in front of a camera.

Haas is no dummy, and I think you hit the nail on the head.

And I know Danica is going to make people vomit in the trash can, but I have to agree that she is a great publicity tool. I'm sure that will be used to full effect, and I'm sure some type of seat time would be at least a consideration for the publicity.

I'm really interested to see what direction they go for drivers. They need someone with experience to develop the car, but the current grid has a lot of young guns and the more experienced drivers seem fairly settled in.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Speaking of women and Haas F1:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ruthbuscombe

May the forza be with you

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Is she the strategist who refused to be interviewed by Ted Kravtiz on Sunday?

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Yes she is the one!
    May the forza be with you