Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

rjbetty's 2014 F1 Simulation/Prediction using Grand Prix 2

Another 2014 Grand Prix 2 Season

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I'll post how it goes.

Wasn't sure if it would be better to post this in simluations now...?

But this one's with a twist - I am playing as Jenson Button. This means the season will take much longer as I can't accelerate time in the menu. Also, I'm not really gonna do more than 1 race per day or two.

This time, I'm giving the performance figures upfront:

Driver/Qualifying/Race
    1.Hamilton +0.00 +0.02
    2.Rosberg +0.12 +0.00
    3.Button +0.58 +0.52
    4.Alonso +0.75 +0.28
    5.Magnussen +0.78 +0.92
    6.Raikkonen +0.82 +0.43
    7.Vettel +1.12 +0.92
    8.Ricciardo +1.42 +1.66
    9.Bottas +1.88 +1.94
    10.Hulkenberg +2.00 +1.98
    11.Massa +2.04 +2.11
    12.Perez +2.09 +2.17
    13.Grosjean +2.76 +2.43
    14.Maldonado +2.92 +2.78
    15.Sutil +2.97 +2.76
    16.Vergne +3.22 +2.79
    17.Gutierrez +3.27 +3.10
    18.Kvyat +3.62 +3.44
    19.Bianchi +4.37 +4.09
    20.Kobayashi +4.83 +4.37
    21.Chilton +4.89 +4.59
    22.Ericsson +5.32 +4.96

Engines/Qual Power/Race
    Mercedes 665bhp/640bhp
    Ferrari 625bhp/625bhp
    Renault 585bhp/580bhp

This takes into account ERS for 1/3 per lap, and engine development over the season. I also expect more ERS race problems for Renault engines, affecting their figures.

I've already done 4 races, and they've been very interesting. I'll post details cos it seems a lot of people are having fun seeing how it goes too.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Re: rjbetty's 2014 F1 Simulation/Prediction using Grand Prix

And... Here we go!

Qualifying is a single 20 minute sessions. Being obliged to run 26 cars, I also have to include 2 HRTs and 2 Scorpions. This and the limited time allow the grid to be able to get slightly mixed as it sometimes is in real life due to penalties etc. as in the game everyone runs on rails and all achieve too much perfection all the time. So running quali this way simulates real life the best.

1.Australia
    Starting Grid
    1.Hamilton
    2.Magnussen +0.112
    3.Raikkonen +0.414
    4.Bottas +0.767
    5.Alonso +0.805
    6.Ricciardo +0.891
    7.Rosberg +0.918
    8.Hulkenberg +1.356
    9.Sutil +2.010
    10.Vettel +2.315
    11.Button +2.472
    12.Vergne +2.706
    13.Perez +2.785
    14.Kvyat +3.132
    15.Massa +3.638
    16.Gutierrez +3.751
    17.Maldonado +4.055
    18.Grosjean +4.092
    19.Bianchi +4.780
    20.Kobayashi +5.066
    21.Ericsson +5.795
    22.Chilton +6.497

I feel satisfied with qualifying though I didn't do great. I did get baulked badly by a Williams at turn 1 and held up by a Caterham being overtaken by a faster car, so didn't achieve the best I could. Magnussen is on the front row on his debut!

I know from season's past I tend to suck in quali but do better in the races. Albert Park is my favourite track but I'm never particularly quick here on Grand Prix 2. Knowing I could have qualififed a bit better I'm excited to see what I can do in the race - especially if there are a few retirements. I'm aiming to finish 6th today, so hope it goes well!

GO! Sutil gets a slowish start in front of me, so I pull to the right. But Vettel is trying to overtake him too so I have to swing out even more. Sutil comes out too much and I clip him, bouncing into Vettel causing me to go up in the air at moderate speed and spin round. My car lands backwards and is going down the pit straight the wrong way with trye smoke everywhere and all the cars scarily flying past on my left and right. I choose to stay where I am and let everyone go around me, but I see Bianchi coming towards me, having had a great start, up to 15th and looking good for more by the first corner. I try to steer away from him but it's too late; his left wheel crunches into the front of my car and we're both out! I am still going backwards and the McLaren stops just at turn 1. I can see that Perez and Grosjean have collided too. That's 4 of us out already. What a huge anticlimax - all that anticipation and I didn't even get to the first corner.

Meanwhile, Bottas has taken the lead ahead of Magnussen! Eventually he falls back a little. Hamilton is leading while Magnussen, Bottas and Rosberg are fighting with the Ferraris, all overtaking each other several times. Hulkenberg, Gutierrez, Ericsson and Chilton retire by lap 5! That means 8 retirements already! I have kept realistic levels and not gone crazy on unreliability. There should be between 12-19 finishers per race which I think seems right.

Hamilton spends the race building up a big lead while the others fight. Later on, Raikkonen collides with a backmarker entering the pits and is out! Sutil, Vergne and Massa also fall by the wayside. This means that just after half distance, and there are 11 runners left which is remarkable.

After lap 40, Magnussen is out having raced well in the fight for 2nd. But what's this? Rosberg has put a wheel wrong at turn 13, does a 360, and Alonso comes round and smashes into the back of him. What an unusual situation for these 2 drivers, who are normally so good at avoiding this kind of thing. This is surely no normal race.

Crazily, this means that there are now 8 runners with less than 15 laps to go! Bizarrely, this allows even Karthikeyan's unofficial HRT (both HRT and Scorpion are set with max retirements but don't always do so) to break into the top 10! By now I have left the circuit as a furious John Booth and Graeme Lowndon are both looking for me... (since I took Bianchi out who was looking very good at the start).

This is a get out of jail free card for the Red Bulls who run 2nd and 3rd. Vettel makes his final stop and drops to his real position of only 5th. Both are having a poor race but look set for big points. Ricciardo, Bottas and Hulkenberg have been fighting for much of the race, and Ricciardo holds a few seconds lead over Bottas and Hulk.

But then even Vettel is out with a late mechanical failure, allowing Hamilton to win by a staggering 1:18sec having lapped everyone up to the top 4, and closing in on Hulkenberg and Bottas. Hamilton doesn't quite make it to lap them. Ricciardo's poor Red Bull beat Bottas by only about 10sec, with Hulk 3 sec further back. Everyone else was lapped (some several times). This allowed Kvyat to claim an amazing 5th. Kobayashi had spent the later part of the race chasing Maldonado's Lotus, having been on a wrong heavy strategy. In the end Kamui missed out by just 4.2sec. Not too disappointing though as after all the chaos, he is there in an amazing 7th place!

Result: 1.Hamilton 2.Ricciardo 3.Bottas 4.Hulkenberg 5.Kvyat 6.Maldonado 7.Kobayashi (also 8.Karthikeyan but not an official driver)

So only 7 finishers, with an above average amount of crashes and collisions. Only 2 retirements were my fault! Hope to get the season started in Sepang. Mercedes seem dominant, but it has to be said, Rosberg was not running 2nd...

2.Malaysia
    Starting Grid

1.Hamilton
    2.Rosberg +0.032
    3.Raikkonen +0.800
    4.Alonso +0.810
    5.Ricciardo +0.853
    6.Magnussen +0.961
    7.Bottas +1.732
    8.Massa +1.934
    9.Button +2.007
    10.Vettel +2.471
    11.Hulkenberg +2.542
    12.Maldonado +2.665
    13.Sutil +3.235
    14.Kvyat +3.782
    15.Gutierrez +4.245
    16.Perez +4.246
    17.Grosjean+4.784
    18.Vergne +5.678
    19.Bianchi +6.878
    20.Ericsson +7.844
    21.Kobayashi +7.886
    22.Chilton +7.961

I imagine myself if I was interviewed before the race just saying, tongue in cheek, yeah I'll just take the lead at turn 1 and control the race from there. Realistically I know I will be strong in the race as I always go well at this track. I expect to be around 4th, maybe better if things go my way. In qualifying, Vettel is still poor, not enjoying the RB10 and knowing just managing the situation is not enough, as the car is simply not good enough right now. Maldonado gives some reprieve to Lotus' terrible season start by coming 12th. Williams take row 8. I am ok with my qualifying, even though I'm behind my teammate again, as I'm confident I can beat him in the race. I rue the 10pts lost from a certain would-be 5th in Melbourne and resolve to at least get to the first corner this time.

GO! And it's a much better start by me, as I slipstream up to 4th. Oh I'm gonna go for it! I stab the brakes into turn 1, the back end steps out but I just hold it, and I've done it! I'm in the lead! The setup I found to be quick is amazingly so ont eh straights, but horribly nervous in the corners. There are at least 4 corners where on any lap I can spin out at high speed. Turns 4, the hairpins, and the one where Perez went off in 2012 are the worst, especially the latter. The car threatens to go every lap. It's simly a race of holding on for 55 laps (GP2 Lap, the program I use to run GP2 obliges 55 laps instead of 56 for some reason...)

I know I have to look after the tyres so I am deft as I can, trying to make hay while everyone behind me is still sorting themselves out. I know tyre wear will make the oversteer unbearable. Yet as I am driving nimbly, I find I am pulling away! I can't believe my not-serious prediction of making it into the lead and controlling the race is actually coming true as the race goes on. But I am on a 3 stop while (almost) no-one else is, so I have to step on it. I exit after my early stop, and chase down everyone. I have fastest lap but daren't try to beat it, as the car is horribly nervous and oversteery. I know if this was real, everyone would think I look assured, but I assure you I'm not assured.

I don't know everyone's strategies, so I know I have to chase/build a gap as I'm making more stops. I look fast but don't know how it'll end up. As the race goes on, it's clear I am racing the Mercedes. Rosberg is leading later on but I have to make another stop. I don't think I can make up the time. But then he and Hamilton pit too, and I am left in a safe lead. When I stop I come out still in the lead and able to enjoy the last 12 laps. I even do then beat my fastest lap, by 7tenths! Even an electrical problem just as I was entering the pits(!) was unable to slow me down. I am the only driver to get in the 1:45s when Vettel, on the wrong heavy strategy, never managed to get in the 1:48s. Tough times indeed... By the way, he retired near the end again, as did Ricciardo.

Alonso, running a late final stop like me, was unable to make it work. I spent the final stages closing in on him and my team-mate to lap them but didn't quite manage. Alonso finished 0.1sec behind Magnussen and would be cursing that GP2Lap causes this race to be lap short (for some reason)! A much more normal result this time.

Result: 1.Button 2.Rosberg 3.Hamilton 4.Raikkonen 5.Magnussen 6.Alonso 7.Massa 8.Bottas 9.Sutil 10.Perez 11.Grosjean 12.Hulkenberg 13.Vergne 14.Chilton

What an amazing and quite unexpected result! I won by 37sec in the end, while Rosberg was himself 30 sec ahead of Hamilton.

3.BAHRAIN
    After the win in Malaysia which was not easy, I can imagine people asking me, after such a dominant victory, can I challenge for the title. My answer is "it's too early to say" (surprise). I am not expecting to at all, but know there are some races I can win - USA, Spa (if I can stay on the track) and... Bahrain! However I feel I would be too inconsistent over a season and will not be competitive on too many occasions. Secretly though, I am hoping and expecting to win Bahrain, and maybe keep going with good results and well, we'll see...

Starting Grid
    1.Button
    2.Rosberg +0.661
    3.Raikkonen +1.447
    4.Hamilton +1.765
    5.Massa +1.766
    6.Hulkenberg +2.072
    7.Magnussen +2.350
    8.Bottas +2.645
    9.Sutil +2.549
    10.Gutierrez +2.663
    11.Ricciardo +2.784
    12.Vettel +2.817 (oh dear dear, Red Bulls continue to struggle for now)
    13.Maldonado +3.031
    14.Vergne +3.061
    15.Alonso +3.219
    16.Perez +4.037
    17.Grosjean +4.076
    18.Chilton +5.025
    19.Kvyat +5.287
    20.Bianchi +5.997
    21.Kobayashi +6.467
    22.Ericsson +6.980

GO! Grosjean and Perez are out at the start. Bianchi is up to 12th and on a light strategy is racing Ricciardo on a heavy one, then overtakes him on merit and chases after the Saubers! I am in the lead, just being careful to keep it on the road and be nimble on the tyres, letting my low downforce setup do the work on the straights. Oh my goodness, after 1 lap I lead by 5 sec. Next lap it's 8, then 11. I am 3-4sec a lap faster than anyone! How the? I knew I could do well, but this is even more dominant than Vettel last year. This is crazy! Even better is that the guy in 2nd place is... Felipe Massa in a Williams! He is holding off faster cars with his Mercedes engine. I am 22sec up after a few laps.

Vettel is struggling against Gutierrez (times are hard eh Seb?) while Ricciardo is down in the midfield. But ten Esteban retires as does Hulk. Then a shock as championship leader Hamilton is out, with smoke pouring out his engine.

It's another straightforward race for me, as long as I keep this tricky car on the black stuff, as I make my first stop. After 2 laps though, as I drive past the pit entry, suddenly "ELECTRICAL PROBLEM" flashes up on my dashboard again, for the second race in a row. This time though I have to complete a full lap. I don't think I can manage it without retiring though, so on the pit straight I slow down, and spin myself round (my keyboard doesn't work properly meaning I can't select gears). I have to wait by the final corner until cars stop coming round. Then I chance it blindly and cross into the gravel on the other side before spinning round then geting into the pitlane. It all might have cost me a lap, but at least I'm still in the race. I'm in 11th and massively quicker than those in front. Problem is, there are large gaps to some people though...

The unexpected curve ball has thrown me tbh, and I make an error putting the car in the gravel. I am able to get out but lose much time. This happens several times throughout the rest of the race as I never quite get my rhythm back... But on one occasion, coming onto the final straight. I rejoin the track and spin myself round. As I start to pull away, a silver car suddenly appears from nowhere asd smashes into the back of me. It's race leader Nico Rosberg! He is out, as am I as the engine has cut out fatally. But... The pitlane is ahead. I am able to use my momentum to crawl in, and eventually reach the pitbox. In this game, pitting is like a magic cure for everything, and suddenly the engine is fired up again and I'm back in the race (10th and NOWHERE though). Raikkonen is out with a mechanical failure. Bottas was out early on.

Felipe Massa has starred in this race, qualifying 5th and running right up at the front with the big boys throughout. He is now 2nd behind Alonso (started 15th) with Magnussen 3rd. Vergne, Sutil and the Red Bulls are some way back. Sutil retires from 4th with less than 20 laps left.

Having made 5 stops, I have run out of tyres! Using old ones, my car's ridiculous speed has gone and I'm not really any faster than the leaders. Suddenly I pass Alonso who's in the gravel! He's out. He's beached it (BRING BACK GRAVEL). 15 laps left and Magnussen is fighting Massa for the lead, passing and repassing, but amazingly, it's Massa who pulls out a steady lead of around 2sec! All of a sudden, it's another Melbourne! This is weird. The reliability settings are the same as my first season where Caterham and Marussia scored no points and everything was sensible. It seems more stuff happens when a player is driving as opposed to only AI cars. I'VE ONLY TAKEN OUT 2 PEOPLE THIS SEASON - IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

Now there are only 10 runners again, with both Bianchi, who has been doing an amazing job throughout, and Kobayashi in the points. But Bianchi is delayed several laps while Kobayashi retires. Even Pedro de la Rosa's non-existent HRT is now running 8th, ahead of Bianchi. But heartbreak for Bianchi (who remember was quicker than Kobayashi in Melbourne, when Kamui was closing in on Maldonado at the end who finished 6th - and Marussia-Ferraris are dceent in races - do the math) as he retires with 7 laps to go from 9th. You have to be a maximum of 6 laps (10%distance) to be classified, so Bianchi missed out on classification in the points by one lap...!

With a few laps left, Massa who is still holding a small lead over Magnussen makes a mistake and the McLaren is through. Felipe then drops back, as though his head's gone down. He still delivers an amazing result though, really one of the star drivers of the day.

I eventually finish 6th, one lap down. But consider I lost at least 2.5 laps during the race and it's a real what would have been story... Red Bull continue their woeful start to the year finishing behind even Jean-Eric Vergne. Vettel in particular has been tepid, though he keeps getting bad strategies (dished out at random by the game) and both were lucky to get the results they did. Kvyat makes hay again on a crazy day to follow his 5th in Melbourne. He said he wanted to take a mature approach - in this simulation he certainly is.

Result: 1.Magnussen 2.Massa 3.Vergne 4.Ricciardo 5.Vettel 6.BUTTON 7.Kvyat (de la Rosa for HRT-Renault came 8th)

Only 7 finishers again...

Championship Standings after 3 Rounds
    1.Hamilton - 40pts
    2.Magnussen - 35pts
    3.Button - 33pts
    4.Ricciardo - 30pts
    5.Massa - 24pts
    6.Bottas - 19pts
    7.Rosberg - 18pts
    8.Kvyat - 16pts
    9.Vergne - 15pts
    10.Hulkenberg - 12pts
    10.Raikkonen - 12pts
    12.Vettel - 10pts
    13.Maldonado - 8pts
    13.Alonso - 8pts
    15.Kobayashi - 6pts
    (Karthikeyan - 4pts)
    (de la Rosa - 4pts)
    16.Sutil - 2pts
    17.Perez - 1pt

1.McLaren - 68pts
    2.Mercedes - 58pts
    3.Williams - 43pts
    4.Red Bull - 40pts
    5.Toro Rosso - 31pts
    6.Ferrari - 20pts
    7.Force India - 13pts
    8.Lotus - 8pts
    (HRT - 8pts)
    9.Caterham - 6pts
    10.Sauber - 2pts

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Great stuff Rjbetty.

Loving the crazy unreliability. I am sure dj would have stopped watching your F1 by now.

Magnusson must be a brilliant driver to be challenging for the title already.

Unofficial HRT incredible driving and reliability.

But what about unofficial Scorpion?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Haha thank you.

Yeah I have no idea what Magnussen will be able to do. If I take it for granted that McLaren can at least challenge for wins sometimes, and that Magnussen is really that good, what will be his starting point in year one? Can he be close to Button or will he do well to get within half a second, because he's a rookie? Really hard to tell.

In my season, he's qualified 2nd, 6th and 7th so far, and I put him as a better qualifier than racer. So he's not been that amazing, but has been in the right place at the right time. He came 5th in Malaysia just holding off Alonso, and won Bahrain, but was only ahead of Massa, the Toro Rossos, the hapless Red Bulls and a much delayed me. But he's done well.

I've put HRTs and Scorpions about 7-8sec off the pace. They're pretty evenly matched and don't often get ahead of the official backmarkers. The 2 8th place finishes are the only finishes any of the 4 have had.

I'm halfway through Monaco now. Attrition has been a bit more realistic now. More to come.

Round 4: China

I did a season around April-May last year based on 2013 as Nico Hulkenberg in a Sauber, making it up to round 7 before work got too busy. The whole season was a struggle, never qualifying higher than 12th in the 7 races and only finishing 3 times out of 6. I never finished Canada but was languishing in last, simply too slow through tyre wear.

China was one of the races I struggled, starting only 19th and finishing 18th and last, 3 laps down. Therefore I wasn't expecting much 10 months later.

Starting Grid
    1.Hamilton 1:43.269
    2.Magnussen +0.172
    3.Rosberg +0.420
    4.Alonso +0.513
    5.Button +0.587
    6.Bottas +0.875
    7.Ricciardo +0.885
    8.Hulkenberg +1.679
    9.Vettel +2.009
    10.Sutil +2.388
    11.Massa +2.428
    12.Raikkonen +2.553
    13.Vergne +2.634
    14.Kvyat +2.888
    15.Perez +2.891
    16.Kobayashi +4.473
    17.Grosjean +4.604
    18.Maldonado +4.639
    19.Gutierrez +5.312
    20.Bianchi +5.729
    21.Chilton +6.111
    22.Ericsson +6.810

So I was very happy to start 5th and aiming to finish at least there in the race, since China is a very tricky circuit and easy to spin off.

GO! For once I don't get a mega start and exit turn 2 only just holding onto 4th. Alonso and Magnussen are fighting in front of me and suddenly slow down going side-by-side through the right kink following turn 2. This means my front wing flakes apart having hit Alonso. And yet I still take 2nd from both going into the sector 1 hairpin!

Finishing the lap 4sec down on Lewis, I realise that the front wing loss is costing me much less than I thought, so not expecting much at this difficult track I elect to stay out (what happened to Alonso Sepang 2013 won't happen here)! I can hold the cars behind me using my straightline speed as only 1 (Lewis) is getting away, and by the time I pit he has a free 22sec lead over anyone else. I exit in 11th and immediately start chopping through cars in quick succession, starting with Sutil. Vettel is on a wrong heavy strategy yet again (Melbourne the only time he wasn't) and being quite anonymous again in the lower top 10 (there is no Exhaust Blown Diffuser in 2014 or in this game).

The first part of the race was great fun, with the Ferraris and Rosberg all taking and retaking each other directly behind me. On one lap Kimi gets me into the final hairpin, but I have a wide line and a better exit and I stream back past him before the final corner. Great stuff. I was also just marginally quicker than team-mate Magnussen in this first stint, even with a lost wing! He was right in the mix behind me for a good while before dropping back, but only by a few sec.

There aren't many retirements as for the first part of the race, only Vergne is out. Later on, Ricciardo and both Lotuses join him. I am very happy to find that I have fastest lap as I complete my first laps with a properly working car. I can even chase my way back up to 2nd by my 2nd stop.

Hamilton makes his final stop and I am able to actually lead for a couple of laps before making my own stop on lap 42 of 56. I exit 20.997 sec behind in 3rd, just behind Rosberg too, with Alonso 4th. I easily reel in Rosberg and am having a great fight with Lewis on pretty equal tyres now, to see who's the fastest. I am chipping 10ths per lap off him, sometimes 7, sometimes 2, sometimes losing time to him. But gradually, over the remaining laps I get the gap down to 16.5 sec going into the final lap. It's been a great fight, as Marcus Ericsson retires near the end, but Lewis has this one. To show how the two of us have been in a class of our own, Nico Rosberg was 18sec down on his team mate after 42 laps of 56 when I exited the pits, 2 laps after Lewis. Now he's close to 40sec adrift, and has long since been passed by Alonso.

When I lost my wing on the first lap, it was a big gamble to stay out for the first stint. But the understeer countered what I remember as awful oversteer as the tyres wear from my season last year, causing spins. It made the car more balanced, and only 2.5sec per lap slower. But now, having lost 22sec in the first stint, and now being 16.5sec down into the final lap, I wonder what the result would have been if I had pitted on lap 1 after all - as I could have used that lap 1 tyre (only 1 lap of wear on it) for my final stint. The oversteer was nowhere as bad this time around. This time I found better lines into some corners too, so was more competitive than my mediocre Sauber outing of 2013.

Doing the math, I am confident of the result I would probably have had, though close! As it is, a good 2nd will do. But what's this? As I exit the final corner onto the pit straight, my dashboard is showing me in 1st place...?!! I immediately pause and replay, and, wow, Hamilton has indeed gone off on the last corner of the last lap, and bizarrely is beached in the gravel - the same infamous gravel of 2007! I can't believe it as I cross the line to take what is now a very fortunate win!

Also, I can see Vettel a few seconds in front of me - I'd really like to put him in his place by lapping him, but I just miss out... With Hamilton out, Vettel has just escaped the ignominy of being lapped. Also, with Lewis DNFing, he is promoted to 8th at the last corner. Lewis is still classified 9th.

Result: 1.Button 2.Alonso 3.Raikkonen 4.Rosberg 5.Magnussen 6.Bottas 7.Hulkenberg

8.Vettel DNF.Hamilton 10.Sutil 11.Massa 12.Perez 13.Kvyat 14.Gutierrez 15.Kobayashi

16.Bianchi 17.Chilton

Round 5: Spain - Barcelona
    Starting Grid
    1.Hamilton 1:26.446
    2.Button +0.147
    3.Alonso +0.319
    4.Raikkonen +0.476
    5.Ricciardo +0.508
    6.Magnussen +1.112
    7.Rosberg +1.233
    8.Bottas +1.277
    9.Hulkenberg +2.503
    10.Vettel +2.543
    11.Vergne +2.544
    12.Kvyat +2.753
    13.Massa +2.788
    14.Sutil +2.796
    15.Perez +3.393
    16.Kobayashi +4.391
    17.Maldonado +4.629
    18.Grosjean +4.699
    19.Bianchi +5.789
    20.Gutierrez +5.901
    21.Chilton +6.594
    22.Ericsson +6.793

Woohoo! I'm very happy with qualifying on the front row, but get the feeling I won't be as massively faster in the race compared to qualifying as I have been at some races.

GO! And... the game minimizes to desktop for some reason causing all control to cease. It takes several seconds to sort and it's amazing I can recover to 5th by the first corner.

This has set up a brilliantly tense and close race with the Ferraris and Rosberg. We are all matching each other for pace. I am 5th only a few seconds behind this group of 3 led by Raikkonen. I make it a group of 4. I am more or less holding onto their pace, only dropping back slightly over a lot of laps. Massa is out after contact at turn 2 on the opening lap, in a cloud of gravel dust. Chilton and Ericsson are two of the first to retire.

I am running 3 stops as usual so need to get moving. But coming to lap Bianchi coming out of La Caixa, he suddenly swerves right, forcing me into the gravel and bounding back onto the track. I then lose concentration and my finger slips causing me to crash out at the next corner. I guess he's still unhappy about Melbourne - he didn't exactly do anything to avoid me there either! Because of the start situation which was out of my control, I decide to let myself have another go from my save point on this occasion.

Ricciardo is out again as both Red Bulls are on a heavy strategy again. Light is virtually always the way to go in this game, which is why I almost always 3 stop. A light car is hugely beneficial to have, since overtaking is largely possibly in Grand Prix 2. Magnussen retires, then later on Raikkonen is out from a strong podium position.

Hamilton is leading with Alonso 2nd after the final stops. Rosberg is a close 3rd but dropping back. I had another significant off at turn 1 costing me over 30sec. This means I'm out of the fight for 3rd as Rosberg drops back. I am quicker than Rosberg, but slightly off the pace of Hamilton (only just), while Alonso somehow suddenly finds a second wind and reels Hamilton in. I am hugely faster than Bottas behind me, pulling from less than 10sec to over 40 by the end! Though I am faster than Rosberg, he is just way too far in front so 4th it is, which is ok.

Unfortunately my 30sec+ loss was due to rushing to lap Kobayashi's Caterham at turn 1, coming from way too far back. I clatter into him and he loses much more time than I do. Given that he was running ahead of Grosjean who eventually came 10th... Oops. Now I've got Cyril Abiteboul after me too *sighs*.

Result: 1.Alonso 2.Hamilton 3.Rosberg 4.Button 5.Bottas 6.Vettel 7.Hulkenberg 8.Vergne 9.Perez 10.Grosjean 11.Gutierrez 12.Bianchi 13.Kobayashi

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Should be fun round Monaco.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Will update more when keyboard works better...

In meantime, here are results from a 2nd season I ran on GP2 and logged in notepad. I gave Vettel a little more performanceto make him a bit more the best.

1.AUSTRALIA
    -----------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Ricciardo +0.4
    3.Vettel +0.5
    4.Raikkonen +0.6
    5.Alonso +0.9
    6.Rosberg +1.3
    7.Magnussen +1.6
    8.Bottas +1.7
    9.Vergne +1.9
    10.Button +2.1
    11.Grosjean +2.4
    12.Perez +2.5
    13.Hulkenberg +2.8
    14.Sutil +2.9
    15.Maldonado +3.1
    16.Massa +3.4
    17.Kobayashi +3.6
    18.Gutierrez +4.0
    19.Bianchi +5.3
    20.Ericsson +5.5
    21.Kvyat +6.1
    23.Chilton +7.5

Grosjean taps Alonso at turn 1. There is a lot of argy bargy resulting in this order when things shake out

1.Hamilton 2.Raikkonen 3.Bottas 4.Button 5.Ricciardo 6.Rosberg 7.Sutil 8.Perez 9.Vergne 10.Vettel
    11,Hulkenberg 12.Gutierrez 13.Alonso14.Grosjean 15.Magnussen 16.Chilton 17.Kobayashi 18.Maldonado 19.Bianchi
    20.Massa 21.Ericsson 22.Kvyat

On lap 3, Alonso is down to 15th losing out in a big fight with Magnussen, Grosjean and Gutierrez.
    Sutil is holding 6th while Button is down to 8th. Rosberg up to 3rd, but Hamilton and Raikkonen already have over 6sec in hand.

After lap 5: Raikkonen is catching Hamilton, 1.7sec nrhind. Ricciardo retakes Rosberg for 3rd. 7sec down. Bottas and Vergne still 5th and 6th. Vettel now 7th but 16sec down. Sutil, Hulk and Alonso. Button now 12th on heavy fuel. Kobayashi still holding 16th over Maldonado.

Lap 10: Ferraris and Red Bulls are all equally fast, slightly more than leader Hamilton. Raikkonen is all over Hamilton. Vettel now 5th but 7sec down. Alonso up to 7th. Kobayashi bumped down to 18th but still 9sec agead of Bianchi, with Kvyat fighting through.

Lap 17 an I'm sorry to say Kamui Kobayashi is the first retirement of the season, followed by Vergne 2 laps later. Raikkonen is baulked badly by Massa who exited the pits. Kimi pits, down to 4th just ahead of Bottas. Vettel takes Rosber for 2nd. Ericsson out.

Lap 24: Vettel, Rosberg, Bottas and Sutil pit from 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th.

Lap 29: Hamilton makes his only stop, stays in the lead, looking good! Sutil retires ending his good drive.

Lap 38: 1st-6th Hamilton-Rosberg covered by only 19sec.

15 laps to go, all the main guys' stops are done: Hamilton has a 25sec lead
    2.Raikkonen +25sec
    3.Ricciardo +29
    4.Vettel +35
    5.Alonso +38
    6.Rosberg +42

Raikkonen sets fastest lap. Chilton out. Hulkenberg out from 9th.

Lap 47: Oh no! Kimi has spun at turn 6 after a great drive. Down to 6th, losing 30sec.

Result: 1.Hamilton 2.Ricciardo 3.Vettel 4.Alonso 5.Raikkonen 6.Raikkonen 7.Bottas 8.Button 9.Magnussen 10.Grosjean 11.Maldonado 12.Perez 13.Massa 14.Kvyat 15.Gutierrez 16.Bianchi

2.MALAYSIA
    ----------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Ricciardo +0.1
    3.Vettel +0.2
    4.Rosberg +0.8
    5.Raikkonen +1.3
    6.Grosjean +1.5
    7.Magnussen +1.6
    8.Perez +1.8
    9.Button +2.1
    10.Bottas +2.4
    11.Vergne +2.4
    12.Hulkenberg +2.5
    13.Sutil +2.6
    14.Maldonado +3.0
    15.Massa +3.2
    16.Kvyat +4.1
    17.Bianchi +4.9
    18.Gutierrez +5.3
    19.Kobayashi +5.6
    20.Chilton +6.0
    21.Ericsson +6.4
    22.Alonso +7.3

3.BAHRAIN
    ---------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Alonso +0.2
    3.Vettel +0.2
    4.Raikkonen +0.3
    5.Ricciardo +0.5
    6.Rosberg +0.9
    7.Magnussen +1.3
    8.Hulkenberg +1.3
    9.Button +1.6
    10.Vergne +1.6
    11.Sutil +2.0
    12.Perez +2.1
    13.Kvyat +2.2
    14.Bottas +2.3
    15.Massa +2.4
    16.Maldonado +2.7
    17.Kobayashi +3.6
    18.Gutierrez +4.2
    19.Bianchi +5.6
    20.Ericsson +5.6
    21.Chilton +6.2
    22.Grosjean +6.5

1.Hamilton 2.Alonso3.Vettel 4.Raikkonen 5.Ricciardo 6.Rosberg
    7.Magnussen
    8.Bottas
    9.Vergne
    10.Button
    11.Kvyat
    12.Massa
    13.Maldonado
    14.Kobayashi
    15.Gutierrez
    16.Bianchi
    17.Chilton-abouttoretire

4.CHINA
    -------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Ricciardo +0.1
    3.Vettel +0.2
    4.Alonso +0.4
    5.Rosberg +0.5
    6.Raikkonen +0.6
    7.Magnussen +1.4
    8.Hulkenberg +1.5
    9.Bottas +1.7
    10.Button +1.7
    11.Vergne +1.9
    12.Kvyat +2.4
    13.Grosjean +2.5
    14.Sutil +2.6
    15.Maldonado +2.7
    16.Perez +2.9
    17.Massa +3.6
    18.Kobayashi +3.7
    19.Gutierrez +4.0
    20.Bianchi +5.8
    21.Ericsson +6.5
    22.Chilton +6.6

16 finishers

5.SPAIN
    -------
    1.Vettel
    2.Ricciardo +0.0
    3.Rosberg +0.1
    4.Hamilton +0.3
    5.Alonso +0.8
    6.Hulkenberg +1.4
    7.Raikkonen +1.6
    8.Vergne +1.8
    9.Button +2.0
    10.Magnussen +2.2
    11.Grosjean +2.4
    12.Kvyat +2.4
    13.Perez +2.7
    14.Massa +3.0
    15.Bottas +3.0
    16.Sutil +3.3
    17.Maldonado +3.8
    18.Gutierrez +4.3
    19.Kobayashi +5.0
    20.Ericsson +5.8
    21.Chilton +6.5
    22.Bianchi +6.5

Hulkenberg the only one to be with the big 6, holding onto Rosberg until retiring on lap 6. At the exact same moment, Massa has retired. Vettel has to pit with a problem (don't know if mechanical or incident) with 5 laps to go, losing the lead to Ricciardo. Incredibly he is 2.5sec per lap faster than his team-mate and more than that to the others. Only backmarkers stop him claiming an amazing win and he has to settle for 2nd.
    There are 17 finishers. This is the first non-Hamilton victory of the season.

6.MONACO
    --------
    1.Vettel
    2.Alonso +0.2
    3.Ricciardo +0.5
    4.Rosberg +0.9
    5.Button +1.0
    6.Hamilton +1.6
    7.Massa +1.8
    8.Kvyat +1.9
    9.Raikkonen +2.1
    10.Hulkenberg +2.1
    11.Perez +2.2
    12.Maldonado +2.3
    13.Bottas +2.6
    14.Vergne +3.3
    15.Grosjean +3.8
    16.Magnussen +4.4
    17.Sutil +5.0
    18.Gutierrez +5.3
    19.Chilton +5.3
    20.Erisson +5.3
    21.Bianchi +5.9
    22.Kobayashi +6.9

Ricciardo had been 21st but crossed the line with 8 sec to go to get 3rd on the grid.

GO! Vettel has a terrible start, is tagged by Massa (who almost got into about 3rd) and down to 5th. Alonso is throughto the lead, proceeding to run away.

Button is the first retirement on lap 4, from a promising 4th. On lap 12, now runaway championship leader Hamilton is out. At the same time, Vettel passes his team-mate for 2nd , but Alonso is now 15 sec up the road.

Not long later, Gutierrez is out. Raikkonen is the first pitter, while Hulkenberg retires from a net 7th soon after. Vettel is still 18 sec behind Alonso.

Just past halfway and Raikkonen is out from 7th. Hard to tell if his unusual strategy was gonna work out. He was trailing the likes of Massa a little. Massa has impressively been best of the rest today, running around 4th - 7th throughout. By lap 43, only Vettel (3rd) Rosberg (4th) and Massa (6th) are fuelled to the end of the race.

Lap 51 adnd Perez was out from 6th having been fuelled to the end. Lap 56 and sadly Massa is out from a secure 5th having driven really well this whole weekend.

By lap 60 everyone is fuelled to the end. It's Alonso, Vettel (27 sec behind), Rosberg, Ricciardo, Kvyat, Magnussen, Grosjean, Vergne, Bottas and Sutil in the top 10, followed by Maldonado and... the 4 backmarkers, who with 18 laps left are possibly looking quite good...

Ten laps to go and no change. Kvyat is still running a brilliant 5th a lap down, 30sec ahead of Magnussen. Vergne is all over the McLaren every lap, as is Maldonado over Sutil for the final point. Only Bianchi retires after this.

Alonso wins by 24 sec in the end. Kvyat was a full lap down on 4th placed Ricciardo but just over 30 sec up on the rest! Sutil held on to the final point in the end.

Result: 1.Alonso 2.Vettel 3.Rosberg 4.Ricciardo 5.Kvyat 6,Magnussen 7.Vergne 8.Grosjean 9.Bottas 10.Sutil 11.Maldonado 12.Kobayashi 13.Chilton 14.Ericsson

Standings after Round 6
    -----------------------
    1.Hamilton 115pts - starting to look a bit precarious now
    2.Alonso 91pts
    3.Ricciardo 83pts
    4.Vettel 81pts - this is a bit of an anomaly. Things just not falling his way despite me boosting his performance this year.
    5.Rosberg 69pts
    6.Raikkonen 49pts
    7.Magnussen 26pts
    8.Grosjean 19pts
    9.Bottas 18pts - points in 5 of 6 races.
    10.Button 17pts - unrepresentative. Magnussen gets all the good fortune.
    11.Vergne 14pts
    12.Kvyat 11pts
    13.Hulkenberg 11pts
    14.Sutil 2pts - Just scraped the two 10ths.

Massa's retirement is more heartbreaking since he still has no points now. Surprisingly, Maldonado and Perez are also both yet to get off the mark.

1.Mercedes 174pts
    2.Red Bull 164pts
    3.Ferrari 140pts
    4.McLaren 43pts
    5.Toro Rosso 25pts
    6.Lotus 19pts
    7.Williams 18pts
    8.Force India 11pts
    9.Sauber 2pts

The big 3 have only had 4 retirements in 6 races between them so far.

7.CANADA
    --------
    1.Alonso
    2.Rosberg +0.0
    3.Button +0.6
    4.Raikkonen +0.7
    5.Ricciardo +0.7
    6.Hamilton +0.7
    7.Vettel +0.9
    8.Magnussen +1.1
    9.Massa +1.1
    10.Grosjean +1.3
    11.Perez +1.6
    12.Gutierrez +1.6
    13.Hulkenberg +1.7
    14.Bottas +1.8
    15.Maldonado +2.0
    16.Vergne +2.1
    17.Sutil +2.2
    18.Kvyat +2.9
    19.Kobayashi +3.0
    20.Bianchi +3.6
    21.Chilton +4.8
    22.Ericsson +5.6

Hamilton and Vettel in particular weren't able to set a proper time. Button repeats his 3rd on the grid from last time.

GO! Button takes the lead on a light fuel load ahead of the Ferraris and Mercedes! Vettel down to 9th. Alonso makes a mistake on lap 2 and goes down to 9th. Button and Hamilton are fighting for the lead and pulling away from Rosberg. Hamilton is through. Perez bumped down from 6th to 1th in a lap or two. A bit strange that.

Lap 10, Vettel is 4th, 10 sec off the lead.

15 laps in, and Hamilton leads Button by 6 sec. Button is 5 sec ahead of Rosberg and Vettel who are fighting. Ricciardo is 15 sec off the lead, Raikkonen 17, and Massa doing well by keeping up with Kimi! Alonso is still only 9th behind the similarly heavy felled Magnussen.

Hamilton pits on lap 30, not taking long to get back the lead. It looks like he;s running away with this one, having started 6th too. But 6 laps later, he's spun at turn 6! Losing 30 sec. Vergne, Hulkenberg and Bianchi are the retirements so far.

Lewis' incident has really opened up the race as Rosberg on fresher tyres overtakes. Later on when the difference in tyres is more balanced, Hamilton reels him back in. Alonso, Button and Vettel are also catching. Kimi is 6th 23 sec off the lead after 53 laps. Hamilton is catching, Alonso catching even more.

Result: 1.Hamilton 2.Rosberg+3.7 3.Alonso+7.7 4.Vettel+20 5.Button 6.Raikkonen 7.Ricciardo 8.Massa 9.Magnussen 10.Bottas 11.Maldonado 12.Kvyat 13.Kobayashi 14.Ericsson 15.Chilton

Massa only finished 10 sec behind Ricciardo and kept holding off Magnussen for much of the race - great stuff! Maldonado misses out on a point again, but was miles behind Bottas, who scores for the 6th time in 7 races.

8.AUSTRIA
    ---------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Alonso +0.4
    3.Raikkonen +0.6
    4.Vettel +0.7
    5.Rosberg +0.7
    6.Ricciardo +0.9
    7.Perez +1.2
    8.Grosjean +1.2
    9.Button +1.2
    10.Hulkenberg +1.3
    11.Magnussen +1.3
    12.Massa +1.4
    13.Maldonado +1.5
    14.Sutil +1.5
    15.Vergne +1.5
    16.Bottas +1.8
    17.Kvyat +1.9
    18.Gutierrez +2.5
    19.Bianchi +2.9
    20.Ericsson +3.1
    21.Chilton +4.2
    22.Kobayashi +4.6

Vettel out. Rosberg had a good chance of taking this one, but failed in qualifying when on to almost match Lewis' time.

9.BRITAIN
    ---------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Vettel +0.5
    3.Rosberg +0.6
    4.Button +1.0
    5.Grosjean +1.3
    6.Magnussen +1.3
    7.Ricciardo +1.4
    8.Raikkonen +1.7
    9.Alonso +1.9
    10.Vergne +2.0
    11.Maldonado +2.1
    12.Hulkenberg +2.5
    13.Perez +2.6
    14.Bottas +2.9
    15.Sutil +2.9
    16.Gutierrez +3.0
    17.Kvyat +4.0
    18.Ericsson +4.9
    19.Chilton +5.2
    20.Massa +5.3
    21.Kobayashi +5.6
    22.Bianchi +6.6

10.GERMANY
    ----------
    1.Rosberg
    2.Hamilton +0.1
    3.Vettel +0.1
    4.Ricciardo +0.2
    5.Raikkonen +0.4
    6.Alonso +0.8
    7.Perez +1.2
    8.Maldonado +1.2
    9.Grosjean +1.3
    10.Bottas +1.4
    11.Massa +1.5
    12.Button +1.6
    13.Kvyat +1.7
    14.Hulkenberg +1.8
    15.Sutil +1.8
    16.Magnussen +1.9
    17.Gutierrez +2.3
    18.Vergne +2.4
    19.Ericsson +3.7
    20.Bianchi +3.7
    21.Kobayashi +4.4
    22.Chilton +5.9

Don't know how Vettel and Hamilton ended up behind Raikkonen and Ricciardo.
    Massa spun out of 10th with 5 laps to go. Ricciardo spun from a safe 2nd on the penultimate lap.

11.HUNGARY
    ----------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Vettel +0.4
    3.Raikkonen +0.4
    4.Rosberg +0.8
    5.Button +0.8
    6.Ricciardo +1.1
    7.Alonso +1.3
    8.Maldonado +1.4
    9.Magnussen +1.6
    10.Perez +1.7
    11.Hulkenberg +1.9
    12.Grosjean +2.1
    13.Bottas +2.2
    14.Vergne +2.3
    15.Sutil +2.4
    16.Gutierrez +2.8
    17.Massa +3.0
    18.Kobayashi +3.4
    19.Kvyat +3.6
    20.Ericsson +4.3
    21.Bianchi +5.9
    22.Chiton +6.4

A shocking start for both Red Bulls put Vettel 7th and Ricciardo 14th, while Maldonado was the big winner, up to 3rd and challenging Rosberg for 2nd. The Ferraris were only 6th and 7th too. Kobayashi had been fighting a plucky fight, especially when Magnussen spun down the field (to 26th). Perez and Hulkenberg ran in formation in 8th and 9th till the first stops. As Hulk peeled off to the pits at the first stops, Perez suddenly had "Brake Problem" flash up on his dashboard and tried to drive into the pits, but as it was the final corner he just missed, and had to go round a lap again. In the end, the car gave out with 1 corner left. This means in this Gerhard Berger 1989 like season, with just 5 races yet, Perez has yet to get off the points mark.

Kobayashi was running 17th because at his stop, he was massively fueled to the end. This wrecked his race, and while 17th was still good considering only Perez and Grosjean had retired, he could have been as high as 13th in this low attrition race. It was all academic as he later retired with an oil leak anyway. Ricciardo spent his race recovering from as low as 15th early on, then spun in the closing stages for the 2nd race in succession, finishing 9th. Vettel paid for his poor stop as he was denied a possible win, and probable 2nd place. 2nd place was taken by the Kimster, who has hit real form after a rather off-colour season so far.

There have still only been 4 retirements for the big six (Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari) all season.

Result: 1.Hamilton 2.Raikkonen 3.Vettel 4.Alonso 5.Rosberg 6.Button 7.Maldonado 8.Vergne 9.Ricciardo 10.Bottas 11.Hulkenberg 12.Magnussen 13.Sutil 14.Kvyat 15.Massa 16.Gutierrez. 17.Ericsson 18.Chilton

12.BELGIUM
    ----------
    1.Rosberg
    2.Hamilton +0.4
    3.Ricciardo +0.5
    4.Alonso +0.5
    5.Vettel +0.6
    6.Perez +1.5
    7.Raikkonen +1.5
    8.Button +1.6
    9.Hulkenberg +2.1
    10.Magnussen +2.3
    11.Maldonado +2.5
    12.Kvyat +2.6
    13.Sutil +3.8
    14.Grosjean +3.9
    15.Vergne +4.0
    16.Bottas +4.2
    17.Massa +4.6
    18.Gutierrez +5.2
    19.Kobayashi +6.2
    20.Bianchi +6.5
    21.Chilton +7.5
    22.Ericsson +9.1

Oh, Vettel spins at Pouhon on lap 2 and is 53 sec down. He can't afford that when he's about 100pts down on Hamilton with 150 left. Hamilton is running 3rd when he retires near the end, only the 6th for a top team this season.

No-one can stop Rosberg today, though it isn't a dominant victory. This time, there is no mass running out of fuel, except for the Ferraris, who merely lose 2nd and 4th, coming 4th and 5th instead. This means however that Sergio Perez ends his miserable season, which was going to be celebrated with a fine 5th place, but is now Force India's 2nd ever podium! Kvyat also puts in a great drive to 6th. Vettel can only finish 12th in the end, as 16 drivers finish.

Result: 1.Rosberg 2.Ricciardo 3.Perez 4.Alonso 5.Raikkonen 6.Kvyat 7.Magnussen 8.roajean 9.Bottas 10.Maldonado 11.Sutil 12.Vettel 13.Massa 14.Ericsson 15.Kobayashi 16.Chilton

Drivers' Championship after Round 12 of 16
    ------------------------------------------
    1.Hamilton 230pts
    2.Rosberg 167pts
    3.Alonso 160pts
    4.Vettel 138pts
    5.Ricciardo 137pts
    6.Raikkonen 129pts
    7.Button 55pts
    8.Magnussen 40pts
    9.Grosjean 39pts
    10.Bottas 26pts
    11.Kvyat 21pts
    12.Hulkenberg 19pts
    13.Vergne 18pts
    14.Perez 15pts
    15.Maldonado 9pts
    16.Massa 6pts
    17.Sutil 3pts

Constructors
    ------------
    1.Mercedes 397pts
    2.Ferrari 289pts
    3.Red Bull 275pts
    4.McLaren 95pts
    5.Lotus 48pts
    6.Toro Rosso 39pts
    7.Force India 34pts
    8.Williams 32pts
    9.Sauber 3pts

13.ITALY
    --------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Rosberg +0.1
    3.Alonso +0.5
    4.Raikkonen +0.7
    5.Vettel +0.8
    6.Ricciardo +0.8
    7.Button +1.2
    8.Magnussen +1.6
    9.Maldonado +1.6
    10.Massa +1.7
    11.Grosjean +1.8
    12.Bottas +1.9
    13.Hulkenberg +1.9
    14.Perez +1.9
    15.Kvyat +2.3
    16.Sutil +2.6
    17.Vergne +2.6
    18.Gutierrez +3.0
    19.Kobayashi +3.1
    20.Ericsson +3.7
    21.Bianchi +4.5
    22.Chilton +5.2

It's a straight-forward race for the most part, though Rosberg suffers his first retirement of the year. It gets a bit weird toward the end when Raikkonen has problems and pits, dropping to 11th. Then on lap 50 of 53, Daniel Ricciardo is out! Just while we are getting over that, Vettel retires too, from 2nd! All this leaves more unfancied runners to take bigger positions today, and suddenly Button has been promoted to the podium, while Maldonado and Grosjean are 4th and 5th. Well it would have been, butthere was one more surprise as Grosjean pulled off on the last lap. Hamilton lapped the entire field except Alonso, taking Button on the final lap. Also, both Red Bulls and Kimi are now officially out of the championship!

Result: 1.Hamilton 2.Alonso 3.Button 4.Maldonado 5.Magnussen 6.Bottas 7.Raikkonen 8.Perez 9.Kvyat 10.Sutil DNF.Grosjean 12.Gutierrez 13.Kobayashi 14.Ericsson

14.JAPAN
    --------
    1.Rosberg
    2.Ricciardo +0.4
    3.Vettel +0.5
    4.Alonso +0.8
    5.Button +0.8
    6.Hamilton +1.0
    7.Raikkonen +1.2
    8.Magnussen +1.7
    9.Vergne +2.0
    10.Sutil +2.0
    11.Massa +2.2
    12.Hulkenberg +2.4
    13.Gutierrez +2.5
    14.Maldonado +3.1
    15.Bottas +3.4
    16.Kobayashi +3.7
    17.Kvyat +4.1
    18.Perez +5.1
    19.Bianchi +5.7
    20.Ericsson +5.8
    21.Chilton +6.1
    22.Grosjean +6.2

Hometown hero Kobayashi starts 16th. He is up to 14th at the start but has the wrong strategy to really fight as he could. Rosberg messes up near the end but it's not enough to stop him this time. There is less than 20 sec covering the top 6. Hamilton's 2nd place is enough for him to take the title! The Force Indias, Sutil and Massa had a great fight for the final points. In the end Hulkenberg dropped from 10th to 12th. A great drive by Perez btw after staerting 18th.

Result: 1.Rosberg 2.Hamilton 3.Vettel 4.Alonso 5.Ricciardo 6.Raikkonen 7.Magnussen 8.Vergne 9.Sutil 10.Massa 11.Perez 12.Hulkenberg 13.Bottas 14.Maldonado 15.Kobayashi 16.Kvyat 17.Chilton 18.Ericsson

15.USA
    ------
    1.Hamilton
    2.Vettel +0.2
    3.Rosberg +0.2
    4.Raikkonen +0.5
    5.Alonso +0.9
    6.Maldonado +1.4
    7.Ricciardo +1.6
    8.Button +1.8
    9.Vergne +1.8
    10.Bottas +1.9
    11.Magnussen +2.0
    12.Massa +2.0
    13.Grosjean +2.4
    14.Hulkenberg +2.4
    15.Kvyat +2.4
    16.Perez +2.5
    17.Gutierrez +2.6
    18.Sutil +2.8
    19.Ericsson +4.0
    20.Kobayashi +4.5
    21.Bianchi +5.4
    22.Chilton +6.1

Maldonado came 3rd somehow.

16.BRAZIL
    ---------
    1.Ricciardo
    2.Raikkonen +0.3
    3.Hamilton +0.5
    4.Rosberg +0.8
    5.Alonso +1.0
    6.Magnussen +1.0
    7.Button +1.5
    8.Hulkenberg +1.6
    9.Vergne +1.7
    10.Sutil +2.2
    11.Kvyat +2.2
    12.Grosjean +2.4
    13.Vettel +2.6
    14.Perez +2.6
    15.Maldonado +2.6
    16.Bottas +2.7
    17.Massa +2.9
    18.Gutierrez +3.8
    19.Kobayashi +3.8
    20.Bianchi +5.6
    21.Ericsson +5.8
    22.Chilton +6.2

Result: 1.Hamilton 2.Ricciardo 3.Alonso 4.Raikkonen 5.Vettel 6.Magnussen 7.Vergne 8.Bottas 9.Button 10.Kvyat 11.Sutil 12.Perez 13.Maldonado 14.Massa 15.Kobayashi 16.Bianchi 17.Ericsson

Rosberg crashed out on lap 2, while Vettel was down in 17th.

Final Championship Standings - including double points
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1.Hamilton 341pts
    2.Alonso 220pts
    3.Rosberg 217pts
    4.Ricciardo 195pts
    5.Vettel 173pts
    6.Raikkonen 167pts
    7.Button 84pts
    8.Magnussen 76pts
    9.Bottas 48pts
    10.Vergne 42pts
    11.Grosjean 39pts
    12.Maldonado 36pts
    13.Kvyat 27pts
    14.Perez 19pts
    15.Hulkenberg 19pts
    16.Massa 7pts
    17.Sutil 6pts
    18.Gutierrez 1pt

Constructors
    ------------
    1.Mercedes 558pts
    2.Ferrari 387pts
    3.Red Bull 368pts
    4.McLaren 160pts
    5.Lotus 75pts
    6.Toro Rosso 69pts
    7.Williams 55pts
    8.Force India 38pts
    9.Sauber 7pts