Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Re: Forum censorship

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    How about cooking and eating at the same time ? That's what I usually do
    What time would you like us to stop by?

Sorry but none is allowed into my kitchen, when I am cooking
    Too bad. Slorydn1 and I were going to fly over from the states just for the occasion.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Too bad. Slorydn1 and I were going to fly over from the states just for the occasion.
    That's right, Starter...what time did you say you wanted me to you up to go to the airport? And should I bring the blue Mustang or the gray one?
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Why especially me, and were you get the idea that it was me who banned you ? In more than 10 years as Mod, I have never ever banned anyone without giving a couple of warnings first, and an explanation, when a permanent ban was needed. Our policy is to explain/ tell a member the reasons why he's banned, but only to him and in private. I can't explain why in this case ( Mirek's ban) an explanation wasn't given, as I am not the Mod involved but it's only a Mod choice to explain in public his decision, and none can force him to do that. Btw it was me who removed your post from here last night, because English is our official language, not Swedish...
    First Pino read what I said better. I said I received ZERO warning in advance---and NO whisper of explanation and it was from OTHERS who were similarly booted out that they said they thought it was you because of their experience.
    I know there had been some tsk tsk on an official level with one utterly dishonest Mod who like so many of his cultural and political stratum are barely literate and unable to perform anything other than the most superficial analysis of anything. So for that mod all of his fellow Americans in Off Topic/chit chat it was perfectly all right to suggest any genocide, any insult to the appearance of any Public Person, racists code-words, taunting and even thinly veiled threats to members all requiring no editing,
    no intervention, no INSTA-Lifetime ban.
    But any expression of disgust directed at the raving of the Americans--when they would---for example---after the murder of more children yet again in yet another school massacre be blabbering how "Nobodys going to take my GUNZ!" any disgust at their self centered fantasy based world view MIGHT get a grumble. Or even a word from "Authorities" but their happily delighting in blood dripping stuff remained unedited.

Anyway so you say its policy to get some written explanation... so I guess it's not ironic that Mirek, me, and those others---who I will not name -----just happened to get banned with not a peep.

By the way, you're a Mod so obviously you are given licence to do whatever you want without explanation and without any clear guidelines for recall, but you know you might just try relaxing..
    Example---you "liquidate" a post answering a guy asking a question about something---who is_________----in a way both the person asking and the person concerned can understand, so the person asking is happy--- but you "liquidate" the post..

You could read it couldn't you? (aren't you in Danmark?) Nothing rude, nothing mean. Nothing in any way offensive. Questioner got his answer clearly.
    One line----
    But rules are rules! Befäl ist befäl! <-----note that is a widely understood phrase in the English speaking world ---amongt any above a certain rather low level of education
    So you have to act...?
    No you could look at context, read what it said, no harm.
    MODERATE...
    Do you guys really think about the word MODERATE?

It's almost like police---they seem to feel compelled to force compliance--to force OBEDIENCE

MODERATE....tone down, relax, help others to relax.

This rant is really quite comical when you've had numerous warnings in public within threads. Did you think Mark would send a written notice of warning citation or something at some point?

I've said this before and will suggest it again... Though I can understand why moderators don't often bother with a public explanation of why a ban was imposed, it might serve as fair warning to those that really aren't grasping to what extend the rule is enforced and what is deemed acceptable. Now I do understand some people will play victim regardless of the reality, but really if a moderator or Mark quoted what was crossing the line then people have less excuse when it's crossed in the future. Just a thought...

Having said that I no nothing of the current situation so I'm not going to imply or suggest any conspiracy theory by anyone.

I don't visit much in the forums other than F1 and Chit Chat, and can honestly say that I think Pino and all other mods that normally visit either forum probably take more crap and give more chances than I would.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    This rant blah blah harumph! HARUMPH! Harumph!

Nobody was asking for your opinion. And nobody with any sense gives a fawk about people who consistently refer to other people's opinions as a "rant".
    People like you who habitually keep a front of some stuffy propriety while virtually every word they write is dripping with a smug contempt are pitiful examples of humans.

And of course you would not see anything wrong with Moderators banning people without the common courtesy of an explanation.
    You dismiss everything anybody says off hand routinely and the conceit and disdain is evident.
    You just keep your facade of stuffiness up and write blather.

F1 fan..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Sorry you don't like dealing with facts. Would you like me to quote proof that your earlier statements were false, or would you rather continue to act like and play victim?

I really get a laugh out of people who deal in non facts and then get angry that others deal with facts. I could attach a "people like you" statement, circumvent the language filters, or apply stereotypes of people I know very little about. But that's really too easy as compared to dealing with facts and an adult level discussion isn't it?

Please, continue being an angry victim.... it won't bother me in the slightest, nor will your opinion of anything.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

I could attach a "people like you" statement, circumvent the language filters, or apply stereotypes of people I know very little about.
    That's a problem which moderators of almost all boards have to deal with. Some people love to cozy up to the line of what is allowed and then stick a toe across just to see what they can get away with. Some put much more than a toe across. They do this fully realizing what they are doing. Then, when called on it, they play like they didn't know it was against the rules or didn't really mean it that way and/or accuse the mod in question of bias, unfairness and taking someone else's side. Most members never see this as, usually, much of it transpires via PM. Once in a while though someone whose only interest is in making trouble tries to trash another member or a mod in public. That's pretty much what is going on here.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

rant rant Harumph! harumph!
    I really get a laugh out of people who deal in non facts and then get angry that others deal with facts. I

nor will your opinion of anything.
    I don't think you'd know a fact from Shinola..

Look 4370 posts in chit chat and F1--F1!! discussion opinions!!! Oh no everybody else is discussing opinions
    Hairshifter is discussing FACTS...

Again, we see your major fault as a human: "nor will your opinion of anything..."

Contempt and arrogance coupled with appalling ignorance...

Dunning-Kruger much, boy?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

That's pretty much what is going on here.
    No whatever your name is, once again, as always, you cannot figure out the obvious...and are, as always, wrong.
    Brother John screwed up from week one as a moderator.. You are over on whatever forum you wallow in and besides you're an extremely poor judge of even obvious things,
    so you did not see that within days he was deleting posts, moving posts, interrupting discussions, scolding people and in short being DISRUPTIVE...
    Nothing again John Personally, we've had good laughs that we share the same name, same Vlaamse background---our ancestors were nearly neighbors--- and we were both immigrants to the same country...But he doesn't understand his role and has thrown his weight around....and banned a friendly and knowledgeable member who did nothing, with no explanation to the banned member or to US, his friends and acquaintances in THAT forum...

Why don't you and your friend Airshifter go write long rants on some Nascar or F1 forum???

YOU and he have nothing to do with this... I do because Mirek is a friend whose words and opinions I value and look forward to..

If I were a Moderator I'd give you and Airshifter a one month ban for trolling this thread trying to disrupt and distract...

(I really don't except either of you to see the point that what is offensive is offensive from a point of view. I find you and Airshifter offensive to the point of disgust and have avoided ChitChat because of the endlessly tiresome BS--FROM MY POINT OF VIEW you both vomit up. but I'm sure you and he think you are clever and entertaining..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat