Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Re: Forum censorship

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    who is Brother John? When did he become Mod? Why isn´t he make statements when we want to hear his stats?
    Brother John has been a Mod for a while now.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Moderators don't have to make any statements, just because members ask for it. We know there's an issue on Rally Forum, and we are working to solve that problem. So please everyone stays calm and stop posting attacks towards the Mod involved. Some constructive lines are more appreciated
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Moderators don't have to make any statements, just because members ask for it.
    Pino, no truer statement has been made.
    Nobody said you have to.
    But I wonder if all you, maybe especially you, quite understand the EXTREME irony in that situation they demands respect and politeness superficially, and yet it seems it is POLICY to show the extreme rudeness on what quite possibly may be a misunderstanding..when BOFF! some unknown person bans a popular writer for unknown reasons.

In a number of cultures if somebody is getting excited and maybe getting "close to the line" of "naughtiness" ---by whatever standards there might be---a warning might be given...
    But ignoring another--"we don't have to make any statements"--silence---and without a word, or even the slightest explanation to be thrown out---that's incredibly rude...

Done anonymously, it is also incredibly cowardly, but that's something those who do those sort of things must live with..

A great book was written one time about a man K accused of a crime, but nobody would tell him what crime.
    You and the others here take it one step further: you ban people with not a word..
    I believe it was you that banned me--but that's only from the PMs and emails of others would said the same had happened..

Is it a policy here not to say anything at all when banning people, or coincidence?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Forum censorship

Why especially me, and were you get the idea that it was me who banned you ? In more than 10 years as Mod, I have never ever banned anyone without giving a couple of warnings first, and an explanation, when a permanent ban was needed. Our policy is to explain/ tell a member the reasons why he's banned, but only to him and in private. I can't explain why in this case ( Mirek's ban) an explanation wasn't given, as I am not the Mod involved but it's only a Mod choice to explain in public his decision, and none can force him to do that. Btw it was me who removed your post from here last night, because English is our official language, not Swedish...

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Why especially me, and were you get the idea that it was me who banned you ? In more than 10 years as Mod, I have never ever banned anyone without giving a couple of warnings first, and an explanation, when a permanent ban was needed. Our policy is to explain/ tell a member the reasons why he's banned, but only to him and in private. I can't explain why in this case ( Mirek's ban) an explanation wasn't given, as I am not the Mod involved but it's only a Mod choice to explain in public his decision, and none can force him to do that. Btw it was me who removed your post from here last night, because English is our official language, not Swedish...
    First Pino read what I said better. I said I received ZERO warning in advance---and NO whisper of explanation and it was from OTHERS who were similarly booted out that they said they thought it was you because of their experience.
    I know there had been some tsk tsk on an official level with one utterly dishonest Mod who like so many of his cultural and political stratum are barely literate and unable to perform anything other than the most superficial analysis of anything. So for that mod all of his fellow Americans in Off Topic/chit chat it was perfectly all right to suggest any genocide, any insult to the appearance of any Public Person, racists code-words, taunting and even thinly veiled threats to members all requiring no editing,
    no intervention, no INSTA-Lifetime ban.
    But any expression of disgust directed at the raving of the Americans--when they would---for example---after the murder of more children yet again in yet another school massacre be blabbering how "Nobodys going to take my GUNZ!" any disgust at their self centered fantasy based world view MIGHT get a grumble. Or even a word from "Authorities" but their happily delighting in blood dripping stuff remained unedited.

Anyway so you say its policy to get some written explanation... so I guess it's not ironic that Mirek, me, and those others---who I will not name -----just happened to get banned with not a peep.

By the way, you're a Mod so obviously you are given licence to do whatever you want without explanation and without any clear guidelines for recall, but you know you might just try relaxing..
    Example---you "liquidate" a post answering a guy asking a question about something---who is_________----in a way both the person asking and the person concerned can understand, so the person asking is happy--- but you "liquidate" the post..

You could read it couldn't you? (aren't you in Danmark?) Nothing rude, nothing mean. Nothing in any way offensive. Questioner got his answer clearly.
    One line----
    But rules are rules! Befäl ist befäl! <-----note that is a widely understood phrase in the English speaking world ---amongt any above a certain rather low level of education
    So you have to act...?
    No you could look at context, read what it said, no harm.
    MODERATE...
    Do you guys really think about the word MODERATE?

It's almost like police---they seem to feel compelled to force compliance--to force OBEDIENCE

MODERATE....tone down, relax, help others to relax.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    tone done, realx, help others to realx.
    Good advice. I kind a bike ride helps a lot.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Walking a lovely dog whilst listening to your fave music, or cooking a delicious Italian pasta...helps a lot too

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Walking a lovely dog whilst listening to your fave music, or cooking a delicious Italian pasta...helps a lot too
    Cooking the pasta is nice, but eating the pasta, with a glass or two of vino, is so much better.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Cooking the pasta is nice, but eating the pasta, with a glass or two of vino, is so much better.
    Yes, I would definitely have to agree there!
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

How about cooking and eating at the same time ? That's what I usually do