Page 88 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Some crazy racing today and a good win by Hansen. Not sure if he should have been in the final though, hard to tell from the angles we had whether Timur actually hit Topi...although he should have had a penalty for the moved he pulled on Solberg. Solberg must have been gutted when it started raining, threw an element of the unknown into an event he'd been bossing. Another solid podium for Bakkerud too, even when the Focus didn't seem too quick to begin with, and Block showed good pace too so they must be reasonably happy.

Big shunt after the line for Marklund & Petter, sounds like Marklund had brake problems and smashed into Petter going pretty fast. THey didn't really show it but looked like Petter had then hit the wall, read on Twitter that he's gone to hospital for checks and probably didn't help as he was earlier complaining of back problems (although I felt maybe that was for the benefit of the stewards to try and get Timur a penalty).
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Pretty crazy if it turns out Timur never touched Topi. Have to admit at first glance I thought he'd edged him, but then on second viewing it wasn't definitive. At all. So would be interesting to see how they made the decision.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    So would be interesting to see how they made the decision.
    Balance of probability I mean, if I was a gambling man I'd usually put some money on Timur crashing into other cars and static things

4. Likes: Alpha (7th August 2016),TWRC (7th August 2016)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Petter Solberg RX ‏@Petter_Solberg 6 ώρεςΠριν από 6 ώρες

Hi from the hospital bed. We are leading the Championship!
    Just want to let you know that I'm ok after the crash.

6. Likes: gorganl2000 (9th August 2016),TWRC (8th August 2016)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Some crazy racing today and a good win by Hansen. Not sure if he should have been in the final though, hard to tell from the angles we had whether Timur actually hit Topi...although he should have had a penalty for the moved he pulled on Solberg. Solberg must have been gutted when it started raining, threw an element of the unknown into an event he'd been bossing. Another solid podium for Bakkerud too, even when the Focus didn't seem too quick to begin with, and Block showed good pace too so they must be reasonably happy.

Big shunt after the line for Marklund & Petter, sounds like Marklund had brake problems and smashed into Petter going pretty fast. THey didn't really show it but looked like Petter had then hit the wall, read on Twitter that he's gone to hospital for checks and probably didn't help as he was earlier complaining of back problems (although I felt maybe that was for the benefit of the stewards to try and get Timur a penalty).
    If Timur should have been punished, it could have happenend in heat 3, coming way to fast amd blocking wheels into turn 1, pushing all on the outside out. But most likely a race incident. But Timur was maybe too offensive in his driving in Canada?
    In semi his driving seemed ok, did not see any touch btw him and Heikkinen, so strange decision by jury.

Marklund had 142 km/h at impact, Petter had 40 km/h, so a very hard hit. Petter thanking HANS collor to not have a bad neck injury.
    Marklund lost brakes completely, but steering could maybe have been used. But have not seen film from the accident.

At the end of the race I noticed in the background Marklund hitting Solberg. He was definitely using steering but looked to me that he was also locked up. Don't think he had much time to react, he wasn't far behind and must have only realised when he stood on the brakes.

Agree that Timur was more likely to have a penalty in heat 3, that's what I meant by "although he should have had a penalty for the moved he pulled on Solberg." His driving is often too aggressive, most of the other drivers are quite 'clean' but Timerzynov seems to quite often be involved in controvosy. It's a shame because he can be a quick driver and deserves a decent car.

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    I think it was very harsh to ban Timur from the final... I've seen much bigger hits go unpunished.

He cant have hit Topi hard as there was no damage on either car.

Hansen lucky then to get a final place but his drive in the final was special.

Good event and a nice close battle for the title now.

Team Austria have now released onboard that shows a very light touch, but nothing that would make Topi go wide. They've also pointed out that Hansen in Holjes last season was a much bigger hit and only got a 5 second penalty.

11. Likes: Alpha (9th August 2016),pantealex (9th August 2016)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Guerlain Chicherit will race with JRM from Loheac onward..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Petter to pay around 25000 Euros to get his crashed car flown (?) back to Sweden from Canada. Half car (the rear) needs to be replaced. If not flown home he couldn´t attend next round.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...