Page 80 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Just been looking at Hell, shame that I don't have more time off work/live closer to Gatwick as it seems quite simple to do. A 8pm flight on Friday night to Trondheim, rent a tiny car for 3 days (about Ģ50 a day) to cover the short drive to the track (think you could do it on bus/walking if you arrived a bit earlier), pay Ģ90 or so for camping, Ģ45 for camping and you're done. Not a cheap weekend, but if you can do it with a few of you then the car hire/camping can be split.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Galli (KIA) and Mancin (FIAT500)... 2 good projects that I'd like to see in WRX or at least in EuroRX.
    BTW... 2 (maybe 3) new manufacturers comming to "MURICA's" RedBull Global RallyCross.. One american and one International (rumors saying Its Chevy and Toyota due huge Market in US).
    PLUS, international races at the Pacific. (Australia + Asia)

Toyota might make sense seeing as they're in production of a WRC programme anyway, so will have a bit of the groundwork done.

TO be a true World series then I think World RX needs to have a race in Asia, but I guess that the cost of those long haul flights (like with Argentina and Canada) puts a big strain on entrants. We're already moving towards it being the big budgets that can win, whereas in the first season at Lydden I remember the wildcards doing okay. Also I'm not sure which of the current circuits I'd drop in favour of an Asian round, I guess Hockenheim because Germany have two rounds, but it was actually a pretty decent race there this year....I suppose Montalegre, but I like to see the 'proper' rallycross tracks rather than the ones adapted from circuits like Turkey was.

Hard to pick
    I'd remove Latvia and bring Finland back.. About Asian and Australian races, I'd change for Hockenheim and Barcelona.. If theres no problem on the budgets for the series, teams, crews, etc

I'm waiting to decide on Latvia, all depends on the circuit. Judging by the number of Latvian flags at Lydden there's a decent fanbase over there and quite a few drivers too, in that respect I'd say it's more important than a round in Spain or Portugal.

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I'm waiting to decide on Latvia, all depends on the circuit. Judging by the number of Latvian flags at Lydden there's a decent fanbase over there and quite a few drivers too, in that respect I'd say it's more important than a round in Spain or Portugal.
    Yes, youīre right. Iīm very excited about the circuit, as I will fly to Latvia to see the event. The track seems to be great and itīs reachable by public transport. Thatīs something special in World RX. And we absolutely need a track in Eastern Europe (although itīs more Northern Europe), as there are many drivers and fans from the Baltic countries and Russia, Poland....

I would keep Portugal, too, as I like the track, but there is no need for Spain. Thatīs true. Finland isnīt necessary, as there are already rounds in Sweden and Norway and Latvia isnīt far away.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    You are right, there is not good RX track in Finland atm, so no need to get back. Both Norway and Sweden are very good events and that new Latvia track should be good.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

What about those old EuroRX track, in Hungary (Nyirad) and Austria (Greinbach)? Those tracks were pretty great. I always enjoyed Kouvola (Fin) track too.
    They used to race too in Netherland, Poland, Czech...
    The RallyCross Challenge Europe (RCE) races on those tracks and its cool too. More amateur, but still..
    Italy and Lithuania too!
    Estonian RX tracks are interesting too.. but not for the WorldRX series.
    The Scandinavian championship (RallyX Nordic / RallyX OnIce) also have cool track, but not WRX level

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    What about those old EuroRX track, in Hungary (Nyirad) and Austria (Greinbach)? Those tracks were pretty great. I always enjoyed Kouvola (Fin) track too.
    They used to race too in Netherland, Poland, Czech...
    The RallyCross Challenge Europe (RCE) races on those tracks and its cool too. More amateur, but still..
    Italy and Lithuania too!
    Estonian RX tracks are interesting too.. but not for the WorldRX series.
    The Scandinavian championship (RallyX Nordic / RallyX OnIce) also have cool track, but not WRX level
    Keep dreaming. The calendar is decided by the 13 biggest cheques and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    Keep dreaming. The calendar is decided by the 13 biggest cheques and nothing else.
    haha youre right mate. Im just talking about other good tracks in Europe.
    I dont think the schedule is going to change much. But this year we have only 12 races I believe