Page 76 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts

Sweden’s Mattias Ekstrom leads the third round of the FIA World Rallycross Championship after the first day of action at Mettet in Belgium.

EKS driver Ekstrom set the fastest time in Q2, backing up his second fastest time in Q1 to top the order at the close of day one for the third event in a row. France’s Sebastien Loeb set his first ever fastest World RX qualifying time in Q1 and is second behind Ekstrom.

World RX Team Austria’s Timur Timerzyanov was second quickest to Ekstrom in Q2 and is third overall with double World RX champion Petter Solberg fifth and 2015 Euro RX Super1600 champion Janis Baumanis sixth after Q2. Anton Marklund, Timmy Hansen, Reinis Nitiss, Kevin Eriksson and Davy Jeanney are all currently inside the qualifying positions for the semi finals. Local ace Francois Duval is inside the top ten in his OlsbergsMSE Fiesta, the Belgian is ninth overall with Q3 and Q4 set to take place tomorrow morning.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    I read an article about Ekström a few days ago where he said that as far as Audi is concerned, DTM is Ekström top priority (over WRX).

However do you think that if ME continue to do this good in RX and if he his DTM results won't be as good, that Audi will let him focus on WRX?
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    No!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Poor weekend for new Focus RS RX drivers... and for Doran in the MINI.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    I read an article about Ekström a few days ago where he said that as far as Audi is concerned, DTM is Ekström top priority (over WRX).

However do you think that if ME continue to do this good in RX and if he his DTM results won't be as good, that Audi will let him focus on WRX?
    Yes, of course !
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Poor weekend for new Focus RS RX drivers... and for Doran in the MINI.
    I think of greater concern to Doran than the driveshaft falling out (!) is his dreadful haircut. I think someone did a third of the job then just gave up....

7. Likes: tommeke_B (15th May 2016)
    Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Regarding the problems of Focuses:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZobFUo6fo/

"Not a great day for @AndreasBakkerud and I here at @FIAWorldRX round 3 in Belgium. Started off our first Qualifying Race in a good position (I was 2nd off the start, Andreas was 3rd), but a freak electrical issue happened to both cars at the EXACT same time - from the landing of a jump. This race was the first time we have jumped our new Ford Focus RS RX racecar and it caused a failure on both our cars on the same jump on the same lap! Bummer. Then, in Q2, I had a bad race with some wheel damage and had to DNF. We'll see what we can salvage tomorrow, but it is not looking good. Consistency is the game in WRX, and this development issue has really set us back this time. Brand new racecar development ain't easy, somedays - but we are working on it."

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Puts into perspective just how new those Focuses are that they hadn't even taken it off a jump in testing. All things considered making 2 out of 3 finals so far is a very decent achievement.

Not too much chance to pass in Belgium so not the same fireworks. Ekstrom looking ominously strong this year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Mattias Ekström is Swedens most talented driver ever. Racing, rallying, RX, ROC. More than 10 years I´ve seen his skills (and mentioned it before on this forum) and now he proves it in WRX as well. Given enough time and he´d been WRDC also. Now it´s too late I´m afraid.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: BleAivano (16th May 2016),pantealex (16th May 2016),skarderud (15th May 2016)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Mattias Ekström is Swedens most talented driver ever. Racing, rallying, RX, ROC. More than 10 years I´ve seen his skills (and mentioned it before on this forum) and now he proves it in WRX as well. Given enough time and he´d been WRDC also. Now it´s too late I´m afraid.
    Quite talented indeed. There are not so many drivers in the world currently to handle such different types of races with success. Loeb, Ogier, Ekstrom.....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI