Page 40 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Interesting... Riko Tahko is to debut the 'Custom rallycross engine' in Belgium, the first to use new engine regulations.

'This weekend at the Belgian round of the FIA World Rallycross Championship, Finnish driver Riku Tahko will debut his Mini Countryman RX. While a Mini has already raced this year in World RX, JRM Racing ran a pair of similar machines at Hockenheim at the turn of the month (using 1.6 WRC-derived engines), Takho’s version features a 2.0 motor and is the first car to make use of the new Custom engine regulations for 2015.'

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2015/...ne-in-belgium/

#M-SPORTER

2. Likes: pantealex (15th May 2015)
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Going to be interesting to see how he gets on. I'm setting off for Belgium in the early hours of Saturday morning, can't wait!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts
    Been to Mettet today, 20 years after my last trip to European RX Maasmechelen.
    Good show but standing too far from the track to feel the speed.
    Smart drive from Solberg. He doesn't go for everything in the first corner to avoid a crash and scores good points in each heat.
    Duval was struggling with the car. Brake issue in Heat 1.
    Ekstroem is as good as I expected.

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (17th May 2015)
    Day 1 Heats: https://youtu.be/ZTs-x5b-RQ4

MINI of was Tahko well off the pace though, in the Euro RX...

Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 17th May 2015 at 13:08.
    #M-SPORTER

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I must say last year World Rx was far more entertaining... do not know why i feel that way, maybe it was because it was the first year i actively followed it and this year it just looks like another track event.

Solberg finished second in Belgium but i think the championship will be a walk in the park.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Didn't get back from Belgium until late last night, so only just got the chance to post.

The MINI looked gutless, didn't see it put in a strong lap all weekend. Scheveneels looked dangerous in the Scirocco, he seemed to be fighting with the car on Saturday (which I thought might be due to the damp conditions), then he binned it in the dry on Sunday!

I thought the revised Mettet track was much better this year. The curb on the second tarmac/dirt transition seemed to be causing some issues, but at least the pointless car breaking jump at the bottom of the circuit was gone. I thought the revised last corner/joker lap section is much better as well.

Nice to see last years theme of mixed winners in the first half of the season again. Epic drive from Petter in the semi final and a sensible run in the final. Not sure I'd go as far as saying that the Championship will be "a walk in the park", but if Petter continues to use his head then he is going to be tough to beat.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

9. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (18th May 2015)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Mettet was a lot better than last year.But still, the track is fast as hel, but not spectacular enough in my opinion. Let this field race at the Maasmechelen track, that would be hole other show, whit actual overtaking on the track instead of 98%overtaking by the joker lap calculations.

Still, i had fun, some nice heats, first one on sunday starts whit a roll of Scheveneels, shame for him and the car, but good start for spectating..

very nice semi finals by Petter, 2 jokers and finisching second, great speed.
    Final of euro RX guys was a bit of a shame, was really looking forward for a fight between Duval and Rustad ho both showed there pace early that day. What happend at the bottom of the track? And what was the problem whit Dudu's car?
    World Rx final was fast, realy fast but i mis overtaking on track, still shame on bad joker by petter, if he nails that, i think he had won. Topi did great jod tough, fast and clean hole race long.

Some other thoughts:
    Shame that a buitifull car like the mini doesn't work the way it should.
    Funny to see 4 or 5 of the same s1600 cars go into the barriers after they showerd the joker gravel( exept 1 all were Fabia's i believe)
    Al mecanics, drivers, teamowners i spoke to where really friendly, exept one..no wonder Duval isn't a wrc bosses friend. The dude can drive a car, but looks so f#cking arrogant al day..a shame
    Also a shame Doran had a bad weekend, one of the few drivers ho can spice up a heat/final.

So had a good time, but would like to see world rx attacking the duivelsberg ( translates into devils mountain) in Maasmechelen one time

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (18th May 2015)
    Watched my recording of the Mettet live Semi-finals & Final today and enjoyed this more than the first two events. The track and the atmosphere seemed more traditional and the racing was good and entertaining to watch.

But I think it said it all when Solberg was able to qualify for the Final even when penalised with doing two joker laps. Makes me wonder how good the other drivers really are when a 'washed-up, old WRC driver' can do that.
    #M-SPORTER

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    I wonder if we'll see a joint event between WRX & GRC at Trois-Rivieres..? (like Sebring in ALMS/WEC times)

Honestly, when they're racing in the traditional base of RX, it was entertaining. But, when they're in the another venues (Canada, Turkey), it feels dull.
    Last edited by Arnold Triyudho Wardono; 19th May 2015 at 19:34.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    It starts to be a habit for me to check the consistency of the figures.

http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com...php?id=823&L=1

Power 412 kW (560 hp) @ 6250 rpm.
    850 Nm @ 5000 rpm would mean 605 hp.

If the torque figures are correct, the power figures are not and vice versa.

I believe that the car can have 850 Nm but on lower revs. Amazing that they don’t check the consistency of the figures they put on the web sites.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa