Page 31 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Agreed! Would have been nice if they'd actually shown the final as well.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    "Petter Soldber won the topgear race. Tanner was second, Bakkerud third."
    haha... I doubt they raced a real second semi final and the final.
    Not on the show? Save some money

Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    haha... I doubt they raced a real second semi final and the final.
    Not on the show? Save some money
    Yeah, true. I did suspect that they didn't bother, but then there was a post with a short video from the podium on the official Petter Solberg Facebook page, so I thought that perhaps a final did happen.

Of course it may be that the footage from the final was used elsewhere in the program, there was obviously a lot of editing in the feature (hence why there were 7 different cars in the 6 car Semi Final!).

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Top Gear is just a staged show directed towards lower life forms... it should not be taken seriously.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Of course it may be that the footage from the final was used elsewhere in the program, there was obviously a lot of editing in the feature (hence why there were 7 different cars in the 6 car Semi Final!).
    Always annoys me in modern TV how often they feel the need to jump from one shot to the next, or move the camera around a lot.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

6. Likes: A FONDO (9th March 2015),Fast Eddie WRC (11th March 2015)
    Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Top Gear is just a staged show directed towards lower life forms... it should not be taken seriously.
    No seriously, it was very bloody funny!! James May in a 600 hp rallycross monster!!!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    everything is staged on that farce...

I enjoyed the first few episodes some years back when the team of hammond/may joined... but then it got repetitive... it is more like a comedy show for autistic kids who like the same things over and over.

9. Likes: gravelman (28th April 2015)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Yes... TELEVISION right?
    I bet those bumps and even Hansen's crash were all scripted before haha
    But it worked! Lots of good comments and a big chance of getting new casual fans and even more! RX scoring more points

Blimey, you're a bundle of laughs, aren't you N.O.T?

I'm sure a lot of that feature was scripted for TV, or rather the actual days events were heavily edited to make the program they wanted.

I know Lydden well and a number of those shots (particularly those round the joker merge) wouldn't have been possible during race conditions. I also seriously doubt they'd have let Hammond and Clarkson distract May so much when he was driving a £250K+ rallycross car.

A little more care during the editing stage would have been nice but, considering the bigger picture, it was another extremely positive commentary on rallycross in mainstream media.

As for Top Gear I don't think there is any doubt that it isn't as fresh or entertaining as it once was, but it still has its moments and its head and shoulders above most of the other crap on TV.

PS: May's face when Foust first launched the car looked quite pretty genuine!

12. Likes: AndyRAC (10th March 2015),Ounin (10th March 2015),pettersolberg29 (11th March 2015)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    everything is staged on that farce...

I enjoyed the first few episodes some years back when the team of hammond/may joined... but then it got repetitive... it is more like a comedy show for autistic kids who like the same things over and over.

I wonder are there any shows for autistic internet junkies who say the same thing over and over?

14. Likes: Doon (10th March 2015),Fast Eddie WRC (11th March 2015),janvanvurpa (11th March 2015),pettersolberg29 (11th March 2015)