Page 23 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Just signed up to the forum, great to see a World Rallycross thread on here!

I'm a huge rallycross fan and was fortunate enough to make it to two World rounds last year (along with a few of the British and BTRDA Championship rounds as well). Hoping to make it to four World rounds in 2015.

After all the driver/car swapping during last years off season I wasn't expecting too many changes before this years season. Based on the press releases so far though, it looks there are already a few changes happening.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Theres a new racing date into the WorldRX schedule. May3-4 at Hockenheim, together with the first DTM race of it season!
    They will build the track around the stadium section.

More news expected to be released by next week

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tanner Foust will compete in four rounds of WRX 2015 (England, Canada, France and Spain) at the wheel of VW Polo Supercar (Marklund Motorsport).

Tanner will be doing 3 FormulaDrift races with a 900HP VW PASSAT!!
    The meeting in Germany resulted in lots of support eh!?
    Beetle in GRC, Polo in WRX and Passat in FormulaD.
    GoTanner

Not too sure if the Hockenheim round is a good thing or not, I hope it doesn't signal the end of the Estering (though I have read the Estering is guaranteed for this year and next year, so fingers crossed it stays). I'm also not keen on the idea of another temporary track but, given where it is, hopefully it will be a decent effort.

Great news on Foust, look forward to seeing him in action at Lydden and Loheac. Got my fingers crossed Block confirms some World rounds as well.

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    i don't like these rounds on permanent track circuit. It's good for country which doesn't have rallycross track, as Argentina, but not for Germany. Estering is amazing, it should stay there.

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Ramona Karlsson with VW Scirocco in 2015 http://planetemarcus.com/ramona-karl...-worldrx-2015/

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (26th February 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    great news... more tourists in the show.

Theres more than 10 proper rallyX tracks under construction around europe. I'd rather to watch the series racing on those tracks, not on F1 tracks. But the series is Growing and its gonna be interesting anyway... AND MONEY TALKS.. So lets see how it goes with new tracks like Barcelona and Hockenheim (Plus Turkey again)
    The bad thing was the drop of the Finland round. Wrong... veeeeeery wrong!

Ohh! I read that Argentina is starting its own RallyX series too! Australia will have a Lites class this year too.
    RX is really Growing fast as hell

Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    But the series is Growing and its gonna be interesting anyway... AND MONEY TALKS.. So lets see how it goes with new tracks like Barcelona and Hockenheim (Plus Turkey again)
    Agreed. It's great to see the sport increasing in popularity, and I appreciate that there will be some events that take place because of the money. That doesn't bother me...

Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    The bad thing was the drop of the Finland round. Wrong... veeeeeery wrong!
    ...but the loss of iconic tracks from the Championship does. It's a massive shame Finland won't be back in 2015.

As an aside from the World Championship, the British Rallycross Championship looks very promising for 2015. There are a number of competitive Supercars confirmed and a few drivers still to annouce their plans.