Page 175 of 277 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2762
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I must admit, from an atmosphere point-of-view, I went to a circuit in Belgium years ago (an old go-kart track - tiny place) and it was superb! The Euro's certainly know how to enjoy a good rallycross day out.
    Maasmechelen? Yeah, I have done Mettet for the last three years and the Belgium crowd really get into it! Lydden has the best choice of viewpoints of any circuit I have been to, but it isn't the most technical track. The gradually shrinking loose sections aren't great either. That said I will still be at every rallycross event there this year!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    BTW as I understand it the 'main' championship will be RXE, but I suspect that one of the support races will basically be Supercars (most likely the European champs will remain that way for longer).
    Yeah, that's how I understand it as well. As I said in my previous post, if they implement it sensibly, they should be able to please everyone.

I'm planning to try either Hell, Loheac or Latvia this season. I have zero desire to show any support for 'Speedmachine' and will probably head to Santa Pod that weekend for drag racing instead.
    I am planning to do Barcelona, Mettet and Loheac again. I have been looking at Hell as its a much easier event to get to than Holjes. Riga is a very easy one to fly into as well, as I understand the circuit is close to the airport.

I am intending to go to Silverstone for the British Championship round (and potentially the GRC if the rumours are to be believed) but, like you, "Speedmachine" is not part of my plans for 2018 at the moment.

Btw what have we got confirmed for this year?

VW - Johan & Petter
    EKS - Ekstrom & Bakkerud
    MJP - 2 cars?
    Chicherit
    Peugeot (still not confirmed if with Hansen but Loeb probably involved?)
    So far I have counted:

GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - Guerlain Chicherit (Confirmed World RX)
    GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - ? (Confirmed World RX)
    Peugeot Sport? - Peugeot 208 - Sebastien Loeb (Confirmed World RX, team car numbers and team name unknown)
    EKS RX - Audi S1? - Mattias Ekstrom (Confirmed World RX)
    EKS RX - Audi S1? - Andreas Bakkerud (Confirmed World RX)
    PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Johan Kristoffersson (Likely World RX, no official confirmation)
    PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Petter Solberg? (Likely World RX, no official confirmation yet)
    Comtoyou Racing - Audi S1 - ? (Confirmed World RX)
    Comtoyou Racing - Audi S1 - ? (Confirmed World RX)
    Gronhom RX - Hyundai i20 - ? (Probably World RX)
    Gronhom RX - Hyundai i20 - ? (Probably World RX)
    MJP Racing - Ford Fiesta - ? (Probably World RX, team car numbers unknown)

Xite Racing - Ford Fiesta - Oliver Bennett (Confirmed selected World RX)

G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - Jere Kalliokoski (Confirmed Euro RX)
    G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - ? (Confirmed Euro RX)
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Probably been posed before but here's the future... enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIeD56BnI-o
    #M-SPORTER

3. Likes: HaCo (1st February 2018)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie wrc View Post
    probably been posed before but here's the future... Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=died56bni-o
    sad
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Probably been posed before but here's the future... enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIeD56BnI-o
    Ha ha.... get a grip man.

Do you think they won’t have more power than that?

Do you think a rallycross race will involve only one car?

The future is more power, manufacturer-led technology and more than one car on a track during a race.

To say that video is the future is pathetic.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    If you read the description of the video it did actually set a new track record and from what i can see from a quick search, supercars has been driven there so the torque is probably higher, it does handle really strange here though. How they sound is what Eddie wants to show.

No need to point out the obvious, we get it.
    Yes, LED is the future...

As far as having huge generators running all weekend it does defy the purpose of going electric, Formula E doesn't have this issue i guess since they are always in some big city. But even here in Norway you have the lights flashing at night because the whole neighbourhood are charging their car....
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 1st February 2018 at 19:55.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    Te official technical datas are 544hp and 880NM torque, as SubaruNorway mentioned, Manfred Stohl won race of austrian champions with this car 2017 with new track record vs supercars and WRCs...still boring to watch Imho....

8. Likes: pantealex (2nd February 2018),SubaruNorway (1st February 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    If you read the description of the video it did actually set a new track record and from what i can see from a quick search, supercars has been driven there so the torque is probably higher, it does handle really strange here though. How they sound is what Eddie wants to show.

No need to point out the obvious, we get it.
    Yes, LED is the future...

As far as having huge generators running all weekend it does defy the purpose of going electric, Formula E doesn't have this issue i guess since they are always in some big city. But even here in Norway you have the lights flashing at night because the whole neighbourhood are charging their car....
    Formula E did use diesel generators and brought containers' worth of batteries to supply the cars and the parc ferme here in Buenos Aires. The whole thing was sponsored by Eneloop. They don't use the local power grid too much. I'm certain that the least of the problems that RX would have with adapting to electric cars would be the charging logistics.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    I see, it would be interesting to know the difference in pollution by running electric cars with generators and a regular combustion engine.
    Because to me that sounds a bit like sweeping the dirt under the carpet...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

11. Likes: Micke_VOC (5th February 2018),pantealex (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Im kinda excited about e-RX. I LOVE the sound and stuff... but hey, gimme something new. Lets see how it goes.
    MotoGP will have an electric Class next year too. Manufacturers said they are not interested, but big car brands also said that about FormulaE before season 1. Its all about the marketing... And we are heading into this electric engines thing so...

Then I believe we'll hear about a MXGP electric class.... and, YES, SORRY... a top WRC electric class.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I see, it would be interesting to know the difference in pollution by running electric cars with generators and a regular combustion engine.
    Because to me that sounds a bit like sweeping the dirt under the carpet...
    I'm sorry, I got extremely confused! I remembered seeing Cummins diesel generators, but the real story is much more convincing. I doubted what I said as well.

It turns out that to produce the energy for the cars they use diesel generators converted to utilize glycerine as fuel, a byproduct of biodiesel production. The actual generation of the energy is emission free.

Here is the article http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...free-charging/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk