Page 173 of 277 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2762
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Like I say, get used to it.
    I wont and nor will most existing RX fans.

Look at the issue with F1 since it went hybrid... they're having to bring back more noise.

2. Likes: pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Look at the issue with F1 since it went hybrid... they're having to bring back more noise.
    Yep, but it's a case of evolve or die. I don't particularly like it but I think that within my lifetime (hopefully another 50 or so years) traditional motorsport will cease to exist, may as well accept that now.

Not a big shock that Bakkerud has joined EKS but will be interesting to see if he remains a Monster 'athlete' seeing as EKS has Red Bull logos all over their trucks etc. Good news for the title fight though.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts

Eddie, have you been to many Rallycross events?
    Ever watched at Lydden it Brands?... if so, you’ll recognise that you can’t hear the cars for most of the lap anyway.

And what about Formunl E?... spectators turn up for that and enjoy it.
    So what makes you so sure it will kill the sport?

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    I'm still very much on the fence with regards to the electric cars. I love the spectacle of the current Supercars, but I can see how good a fit for rallycross electric could be, they seem to be drawing a lot of manufacturer interest and it seems like the electric cars will be just as fast as the existing Supercars.

If the advert of electric is sensibly implemented it could work for everyone. The World Championship becomes an upper tier for manufacturers, while the traditional Supercar lives on in a more accessible European Championship. The World Championship goes to the venues that provides the biggest spectacle for the sponsors and manufacturers, while the Euros stick with the traditional circuits.

That aside, the line up for 2018 is starting to hit decent numbers. With Cometoyou Racing now confirming a full World RX campaign (with two ex-EKS S1's) we should have at least 12 permanent entries in the World Championship.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    I'm affraid if we they go all electric the tracks with less infrastructure and capasity like Höljes would be dropped, because it takes quite a lot to charge 40 cars all weekend i would believe
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 1st February 2018 at 11:39.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Eddie, have you been to many Rallycross events?
    Ever watched at Lydden it Brands?... if so, you’ll recognise that you can’t hear the cars for most of the lap anyway.

And what about Formunl E?... spectators turn up for that and enjoy it.
    So what makes you so sure it will kill the sport?
    Of course you cant hear when the cars are far away, but the thrill when you can hear them is amazing.

Some people will watch anything if its in their city but most arent big fans of the sport. They wont be travelling a long way or even from abroad to watch (like some RX fans do).

Formula E is nothing.

Of course you cant hear when the cars are far away, but the thrill when you can hear them is amazing.

Some people will watch anything if its in their city but most arent big fans of the sport. They wont be travelling a long way or even from abroad to watch (like some RX fans do).

Formula E is nothing.
    Hmm...
    If formula E is nothing, why has is got more manufacturer teams and financial backing than RX?

Not sure how much you know about motorsport outside of rallying, but Formula E is big already and it will only grow. (I’m not a fan of it by the way, but I can’t believe someone can ignore its enormous early growth and future potental).

Why on earth do you think RX is going electric only?

You mind me asking, which rallycross circuits you have spectated at?

Cheers.

Electric may be the future but I dont see it carrying over the current fans in numbers. Or if it does they wont love it like they have the petrol series.

Kids dont love cars and driving these days and I dont see silent cars doing anything to attract them to motorsport.

10. Likes: pantealex (1st February 2018)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I'm affraid if we they go all electric the tracks with less infrastructure and capasity like Höljes would be dropped, because it takes quite a lot to charge 40 cars all weekend i would believe
    Actually not sure if they would dare to remove Höljes and Loheac from the calendar, those are by far the most popular events. I think the promoter would rather spend some extra money helping out with the charging process at Höljes than getting rid of the festival it has become. After all, the festival-style is what they are aiming for with each RX-Event.

Formula E is nothing.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Mobile generators?