Page 153 of 277 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2762
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This year, three different winners in World RX, five in WRC and four in Formula 1 (all after eight races).

In World RX there's 35 points between the top and the rest. In WRC it's 41 (but two guys at shared no 1), and in Formula 1 it's 20 points.

So it's pretty even. Also, keep in mind that WRC saw the same boring French guy on the top 9 seasons in a row(!!), and F1 the same guy won it 7 times, and five of those in a row.

That same boring guy now seems genuinely happy and excited to claw his way to a podium in World RX. You didn't see that at all the last years in the WRC.

As I said, I'm not worried. And it's not like we don't get surprises. Like in Canada where a driver that has two P2s and two P3s didn't even make it to the semis. Or when Timo Scheider got P2 (and everyone was really happy for him).

I find World RX much more exciting to watch than the other two.
    Just out of curiosity - is the points system in WRC, F1 & WRX the same? And did you notice that in WRC 1st and 2nd place has difference of 0 points??? It's getting too funny now, I must quit replying and continue to read this comical thread....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    No one said that they weren't, as Myrvold says it's about who's putting up the money.
    Money is quicker or the car is quicker? Make up your mind. Quicker car always attracts more sponsors (+ in our case Petter's personality which is marketable).

3. Likes: BleAivano (11th August 2017)
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    It's developed by Petter and FX. FX was head on previous cars Petters excelled in, like the 2003 Subaru Impreza WRC. Perfect match it seems.

No one is downplaying anything. It's just a fact that Petters team seems to have an advantage over the others at the time, even though their team backing is less than Audi and Peugeot. Good work by PSRX.

As for dominance, sure, right now Petters cars are the ones to beat. Just like Audi had an edge the first three races this year. Or how Ford is the only team to have scored a perfect weekend (though Petters been there except for a P2 in Q4). Ford seemed pretty dominant then, so it varies.
    I'm sure the others will catch up to Petter eventually.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    It's five. Not really sure where you get the last guy from, but..
    Ogier,Latvala,Neuville,Tänak,Meeke,Lappi is 6 according to my math...

Sorry after 8 races I see where I`m wrong
    Last edited by AMSS; 11th August 2017 at 09:16.

6. Likes: cali (11th August 2017),pantealex (11th August 2017)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    It's developed by Petter and FX. FX was head on previous cars Petters excelled in, like the 2003 Subaru Impreza WRC. Perfect match it seems.
    But it is not. The cars are developed AND built by VW motorsport in Hannover. I already gave you links to sources with that information.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

8. Likes: cali (11th August 2017),pantealex (11th August 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Money is quicker or the car is quicker? Make up your mind.
    I never said either was quicker, my posts were about where the money was coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    but privateers, guys running last years cars are no where to seen.
    That's true, privateers are fighting for scraps...but that's to be expected because it's motorsport and that's how it works. No different in the WRC. I still find it surprising that someone like Wilks (who got the 1600 Mini to a final) is in a car that fought for the championship last year and he can't even get it to a semi. I suspect that what we're going to see is the main teams that have an inkling of manufacture support (Ford, VW, Audi, Peugeot) continue to move away from the others. Subsequently the 'privateer' entries will move to EuroRX instead, with the exception of a few hardy souls who think it's worth the money (like Al Qassimi in WRC).

And then all the manufacturers will go electric and drivers will come back to the top level of combustion engine stuff, such is the cycle of top level motorsport.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Just out of curiosity - is the points system in WRC, F1 & WRX the same? And did you notice that in WRC 1st and 2nd place has difference of 0 points??? It's getting too funny now, I must quit replying and continue to read this comical thread....

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    No you clearly did not understood what I and some others are trying to say. These VW cars are massively better than the rest of the field, which gives both Petter and Kristofferson huge advantage.

You all want to downplay VW knowledge and skills and play it on Petter's hands as he is singlehandedly running everything and of course he's the best car developer in the world. Not quite so, the car is giving them a chance to be in the limelight = more cash.
    Where the heck did I write that the VW's are not the best cars atm?
    Where did I downplay VW knowledge?

What I am trying to say is that it is not a factory backed team. VW is not in RX as a factory. VW does not cover any expenses for personnel at the events. They are not covering expenses for running the cars. They are not covering expenses for shipping the cars. If the Solberg - VW Sweden team don't pay, the cars will either stay unused, or someone else will pay for it.

Is is not a factory backed team. The Solberg - VW Sweden hire the VW Motorsport crew themselves, and the cars, and everything.

Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    As for dominance, sure, right now Petters cars are the ones to beat. Just like Audi had an edge the first three races this year.
    IMO Polo has been fastest car every event this season. They just gave away first three.

Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    More finances for VW-PSRX than for Peugeot and Audi. That's it. But, it's surprising that Kristoffersson is better than Petter this year.

I'm a bit sad for Petter. Maybe next year will be more competitive between M-Sport/FP, Audi, Peugeot & VW. I hope...