Page 151 of 277 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2762
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Factory backing? Well, I guess you should tell both Solberg and Kristofferson that so they don't have to hunt down money themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Funny, considering VW gives less support than Audi and Peugeot. VW must be thrilled, they really get value for their euros.
    Audi do not give that much support and also gave later then VW according to Swedish television.
    Here is another article that says that cars and technical support comes from Volkswagen Motorsport in Hannover and that
    Volkswagen Motorsport are the ones who have developed and built the Polos while Petter is responsible for the running/management of the team.

http://www.di.se/pressreleaser/2017/...es-dream-team/'
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...ar-fabriksstod
    http://www.expressen.se/motor/motors...cross-vm-2017/

Mattias Ekström have backing from Audi as well but he have used and upgraded version last year's car since Audi's backing came
    a bit too late for the start of the season to be put into a new car. This have been mentioned several times by
    Jonas Kruse and Johan Ejeborg who runs the Swedish broadcasts from WRX.

Here is an article in which ME says that Audi supports EKSRX financially and with engineers as well as a few people
    to help out during competitions. ME also says that the support is welcome but that it came too late.

"– Dels får vi ekonomiskt stöd, dels har de jättemånga duktiga ingenjörer som ska hjälpa oss och det är jättevärdefullt.
    Dessutom får vi med oss fyra-fem personer som ska hjälpa oss under tävlingarna, säger Ekström.

Han säger att fabriksstödet egentligen hade behövts långt tidigare.
    – Många tycker att det är konstigt att vi gjorde det så bra utan stöd och det känns som att det var i sista minuten
    som vi fick till det. På sikt hade det varit omöjligt att konkurrera utan det, säger han."
    – Volkswagen har ju avslutat satsningen i rally och tagit de WRC-bilarna till rallycrossen i stället. Med deras erfarenhet och
    de bilarna är vi som David mot Goliat. Vi är ett gäng som har en verkstad hemma i Sverige, i Fagersta, och som byggt ett
    team med mycket hjärta och passion och plötsligt fått hjälp från fabriken. När det gäller Solbergs stall så är det
    ju VW Motorsport som driver teamet. – Jag är stolt över att någon gör det i rallycrossen, för nu får vi mäta oss mot en
    värdig motståndare och det är ett gigantiskt steg framåt för rallycrossen med den satsningen.

You two can try to spin this in anyway you want but it is clear that PSWRX have a huge factory backing from
    VW motorsport that is much larger then the support EKSRX gets.

https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-03-3...trots-mer-stod
    Last edited by BleAivano; 10th August 2017 at 13:40.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

2. Likes: cali (10th August 2017)
    Liked 233 Times in 110 Posts
    look at mechanics at PSWRX team - most of them are from VW WRC team, and cars after each round coming back to VW Motorsport facilities in Hanover for rebuild etc. All development work is done with VW motorsport crew also, and EVERY time cars are coming back to Hanover, not sweden norway or any other place... Thats are Facts - but everyone can interpret them as they wish

4. Likes: BleAivano (10th August 2017),cali (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017),TWRC (10th August 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    If the backing of either manufacturers was that considerable then we wouldn't be talking about PSRX or EKSRX. And just because VW cars go back to VW doesn't mean that VW are paying for it
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    "VW motorsport director Sven Smeets said a greater RX focus for the firm "ties in with our future objectives" after its WRC exit.

"We have been watching rallycross very closely for a while now," Smeets told Motorsport.com's sister title Autosport.

"Obviously we are already working with the Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross team in Global Rallycross – where we had great success with the drivers' and manufacturers' championship titles last year – but we were keen to look more at the FIA World Rallycross Championship for 2017.

"Working in alliance with Petter's team and Volkswagen Sweden, we could make this happen. Petter will run the team and we will provide technical support.

"We will have technicians at the races and we will engineer the car, but the financing and sponsorship of the operation is all down to Petter and Volkswagen Sweden.""

7. Likes: pantealex (10th August 2017)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Which basically means that the Solberg-Kristofferson isn't backed, but rather pays for a service.

9. Likes: Alpha (10th August 2017)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    But cars are prepared and serviced by VW....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

11. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2017)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Paid by the Solberg team, which again, is some personal money from Solberg as well. VW doesn't back a team in WRX. They are for hire. Probably to a combination of highest bidder, professional team structure and good plans behind it.

Factory backing = The marque are pro-active, working on it, pushing in money themselves. That's not what VW does. They get expenses covered. To get the technicians and engineers to the races, the Solberg team have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    No one said that they weren't, as Myrvold says it's about who's putting up the money.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Paid by the Solberg team, which again, is some personal money from Solberg as well. VW doesn't back a team in WRX.
    Where do you get this all from? VW still uses shit ton of money on WRX to my knowledge.
    And imho big teams and money is ruining the whole sport of rallycross. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about who wins the super car heats, its basically all about who is ahead after the first corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    And imho big teams and money is ruining the whole sport of rallycross.
    Is it? I get that WRX is pretty limited, but there's a huge number of people entered for EuroRX in Loheac. Motorsport will always be ruled by the rich, it's the same no matter what level you're at, but I personally think it's positive that the sport is gaining viewers and drivers. I also think that WRX is a bit misguided, but no more so than any other big championship. Look at the WRC and there will be people complaining, look at F1 and it's the same, also Formula E and WEC etc.etc. About the only big world championship I follow that I can't see many complaints about is MotoGP.

16. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2017)