Page 15 of 277 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    The support classes need a bit more airtime in the TV show, but other than that it is exiting.
    Agree, the RX lites in particular because those races can be amazing (they certainly were at Lydden). The single make element means that everyone is very close to each other and the racing was really tight.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    2nd successive win for Solberg in France, the failure of Heikinen to go through the semis means that Neitis is now 2nd overall. the races were nice Hansens performance was very good up until the Final winning every hit but then Solberg had the last word. next event in 2 weeks in Germany.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    2nd successive win for Solberg in France, the failure of Heikinen to go through the semis means that Neitis is now 2nd overall. the races were nice Hansens performance was very good up until the Final winning every hit but then Solberg had the last word. next event in 2 weeks in Germany.
    It really was a fantastic event in Loheac. I can not believe how well the fans are treated with an open paddock easy access to drivers and the cars. Action was flat out, the competition was brilliant, and the cars - wow, so much technology.
    I know there are things wrong with WRC, but believe me WRX is definitely on the up, lots of ex WRC personnel in the paddock, and serious manufacturer interest.

4. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2014),pettersolberg29 (7th September 2014)
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    I am a huge fan of both WRC and WRX, and believe both can offer different things and reasons for interest. However the paddock, prices, accessibility, TV coverage and entry lists for WRX are really starting to put the WRC to shame. The raw sport of rallying is still superior in my mind, but at the moment the people behind rallycross have nailed it while the WRC is being held back in my view.

6. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2014)
    친애하는 지도자
    it is nice that WRX is popular with the little kids which fail miserably to understand how different and not connected these two sports are.

it is nice that WRX is popular with the little kids which fail miserably to understand how different and not connected these two sports are.
    What a very odd response, and no need to turn offensive. I never said they were similar, but obviously there are some small connections - namely the fact the two drivers on the front row have both won WRC events. You can compare the relative merits of WRC and football even though there's no similarities, so comparing WRC and WRX is possible in spite of the differences. And on that note, surely you agree that things like ticket prices, entry lists and TV Coverage are better in WRX?

Yes, WRC is very different, but there's still lessons to learn from other sports - WRX included. Also you say it's popular with 'little kids', but remember you updated this thread first so you obviously are interested too...

친애하는 지도자
    what lessons are to be learned from a sport run on closed circuits ? Rally RX has more things in common with the ladysport of F1 rather than the WRC....

what lessons are to be learned from a sport run on closed circuits ? Rally RX has more things in common with the ladysport of F1 rather than the WRC....
    3 years ago RX was a bit of a 'cult' sport, suddenly it's almost reaching the mainstream - much more than WRC does. All of that with some good strategy from the people up top and an exciting TV/online livestream availability. Perhaps nothing directly transferable, but proof that good changes can have impressive impacts in short timescales. The re-branding, the livestreaming, and the exciting entry lists (getting big names in like your favourite Mr Block, Villeneuve, Solberg etc to compliment young talents) are all things which are worth having a look at to see how ideas like this might help promote WRC. Not exactly the same necessarily, but certainly worthy of discussing.

친애하는 지도자
    all the things you mention cannot be implemented in the WRC without 10 times the cost, as for the visiting tourists they might have luck in WRX but in WRC they are eaten alive by the real drivers we have many examples over the years from the hamburger boy to kubica.

So as i said, nothing can be learned from the WRX that can affect the WRC or as much can be learned from F1... one thing is for sure both sports attract and excite girls and kids.

Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    all the things you mention cannot be implemented in the WRC without 10 times the cost, as for the visiting tourists they might have luck in WRX but in WRC they are eaten alive by the real drivers we have many examples over the years from the hamburger boy to kubica.

So as i said, nothing can be learned from the WRX that can affect the WRC or as much can be learned from F1... one thing is for sure both sports attract and excite girls and kids.
    I generally agree with you NOT

But I feel terms of promotion on FB, Twitter and there website, it is far superior to WRC and WRC could learn a lot

If they are going to do these live super special shoot out crappy stages then they could do some similar things like they do with the WRX track.
    Analyse the stage, do a "former rally driver driver through"
    Build more hype in general, and bring back the good stuff about WRC that WRX has, Accessibility and driver openness.

Not to mention the camera positions and engine sound. The engine sound is huge in the WRX footage, surround sound etc, WRC not so much...

13. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2014),pettersolberg29 (8th September 2014)