Page 14 of 277 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    +1

For me rallycross is mostly a show. The result is mostly decided by what happens in the first corner, and a lot is based on pure luck. There are too many factors where the driver has no influence on (for example being hit by an idiot or being held up by somebody in front of you). I don't know any proper "sport" where your opponents can accidentally ruin your results so much as in rallycross.

And on the other hand we can say it's very spectacular to watch. I've been to the European rounds in Maasmechelen a few times in the past. And last weekend I watched Mettet online. Also what the promotor is doing is simply great, the live-stream is fantastic. Let's hope Red Bull Media House learns from this, in a positive way...
    Last edited by tommeke_B; 15th July 2014 at 23:06.

2. Likes: pantealex (16th July 2014)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I don't know any proper "sport" where your opponents can accidentally ruin your results so much as in rallycross.
    This happens a lot in curcuit racing in general. I remember this years Le Mans when 3rd AUDI was wiped out by some GT car in the rain mess while going for a lead in the race. This must hurt lot more than few minutes race like RallyX.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    +1

For me rallycross is mostly a show. The result is mostly decided by what happens in the first corner, and a lot is based on pure luck. There are too many factors where the driver has no influence on (for example being hit by an idiot or being held up by somebody in front of you). I don't know any proper "sport" where your opponents can accidentally ruin your results so much as in rallycross.

And on the other hand we can say it's very spectacular to watch. I've been to the European rounds in Maasmechelen a few times in the past. And last weekend I watched Mettet online. Also what the promotor is doing is simply great, the live-stream is fantastic. Let's hope Red Bull Media House learns from this, in a positive way...
    Spectacular to watch and a show - nothing more. Rallying need balls in every corner in 400 K´s. That´s the difference.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Spectacular to watch and a show - nothing more. Rallying need balls in every corner in 400 K´s. That´s the difference.
    You can't compare rallycross to rally, its dumb, they are two completely different sports with different skill sets entirely.

But with the live streaming, its proves that what could have been achieved with some descent marketing and footage in WRC.

Yes there is an element of luck, but most sports have this, I think its just great having Live streaming, and sideways action in a racing format!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Livestreaming only works in countries were they did not sell their tv rights. For example in my country a pay per view soccer channel has bought the rights. Now I can't watch rallycross legally unless I shell out 15 euro per month. Not really a sign of great promoting in my opinion.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Peter won the Rx Canada, he now extends his lead over Nitiss who finished 4th in the Final...

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Really starting to like RX. Petter was obviously the best today, nobody could get close.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    It is a really fun sport... worth staying up to watch it and the live coverage was very good.

I still think they need to work out the points allocation system it is complicated as it is...

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    You can't compare rallycross to rally, its dumb, they are two completely different sports with different skill sets entirely.

But with the live streaming, its proves that what could have been achieved with some descent marketing and footage in WRC.

Yes there is an element of luck, but most sports have this, I think its just great having Live streaming, and sideways action in a racing format!
    Not comparing, just telling the big difference. RX format though seems to be the key for many moneyintersts in WRC in the future...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Peter won the Rx Canada, he now extends his lead over Nitiss who finished 4th in the Final...
    Petter was a head above the rest in Canada.
    Nitiss was lucky, he did not qualify for the final, but a paying teammate suddenly had a carissue or something, and there he was!!

The support classes need a bit more airtime in the TV show, but other than that it is exiting.