Page 120 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2763
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Are there tech differences btw cars in GRC and WRX, or could a GRC Honda be used in WRX?

Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Are there tech differences btw cars in GRC and WRX, or could a GRC Honda be used in WRX?
    Small change on cars have to be done..
    I remeber Liam was to late to do the change with his car when he had competed in GRC and was going to the WRX.. (when he was teammate whit P.Solberg)

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    There's something different, but can't remember what. At some point last season there was talk of OMSE running the Civic in WRX but they couldn't do it.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    There's something different, but can't remember what. At some point last season there was talk of OMSE running the Civic in WRX but they couldn't do it.
    They can do it, there is rebuild kit to some of the car.
    Subaru have done it, and Doran have done it.
    Think also GRC car loeb drove in 2011 or 2012? Have been used in euro or world rx..

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    They can do it, there is rebuild kit to some of the car.
    Subaru have done it, and Doran have done it.
    Think also GRC car loeb drove in 2011 or 2012? Have been used in euro or world rx..
    When did Subaru do WRX...?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Canada in 2014.

http://www.dirally.com/srt-usa-compe...nada-world-rx/

I guess that EuroRX or WorldRX cars can compete in GRC, but the same it's not true. Don't know why!

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Solberg's first Polo RX test

Two-time World Rallycross champion Petter Solberg has begun testing the Volkswagen Motorsport-built Polo RX Supercar he will race in this year's world championship.

Solberg shared driving duties with new team-mate Johan Kristoffersson at the Loheac test in France this week.

"Yes, we have tried it," Solberg told Autosport's sister title Motorsport.com. "Just a small test, to look over and check everything.

"We will continue to do more testing now in the next few months - we have a good time planned."

Few details have been released about the cars that Solberg and Kristoffersson will race in World RX this year, following the announcement that Solberg has secured manufacturer backing from the German marque.

Volkswagen is building the cars in Germany and will provide support on events

Asked if the Polos were brand new or already-used, Solberg said: "It's a combination, for sure. I have a lot of confidence and it will be good."

The Norwegian also revealed that the new cars have transversally mounted engines.

Previous Polos raced in World RX by Marklund Motorsport and Kristoffersson Motorsport have used longitudinally mounted units, similar to Solberg's Citroen DS 3.

The transverse engine orientation falls in line with Volkswagen's existing technology, a layout generally preferred by manufacturer-backed teams to be more akin to the road-going versions of the car.

"Of course it changes a lot of things, but it's just adaptation of driving style and it fits me better," said Solberg.

"It [the car set-up] will still be soft. We're working a lot with inertia, weight distribution and centre of gravity, all these things.

"We will be better than before."

Solberg also praised his new team-mate Kristoffersson, who finished second overall in World RX last season.

"Whatever situation I would have been in with any other team, I would have chosen him definitely," said Solberg.

"He's fast, he's fair, he's professional, he's fit, a nice guy and has a brain to get out of situations when it's tough fights.

"I think we're a strong team together."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...x-vw-polo-test

https://twitter.com/SolbergFanClub/s...48039571128321
    #M-SPORTER

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Solberg's first Polo RX test

Two-time World Rallycross champion Petter Solberg has begun testing the Volkswagen Motorsport-built Polo RX Supercar he will race in this year's world championship.

Solberg shared driving duties with new team-mate Johan Kristoffersson at the Loheac test in France this week.

"Yes, we have tried it," Solberg told Autosport's sister title Motorsport.com. "Just a small test, to look over and check everything.

"We will continue to do more testing now in the next few months - we have a good time planned."

Few details have been released about the cars that Solberg and Kristoffersson will race in World RX this year, following the announcement that Solberg has secured manufacturer backing from the German marque.

Volkswagen is building the cars in Germany and will provide support on events

Asked if the Polos were brand new or already-used, Solberg said: "It's a combination, for sure. I have a lot of confidence and it will be good."

The Norwegian also revealed that the new cars have transversally mounted engines.

Previous Polos raced in World RX by Marklund Motorsport and Kristoffersson Motorsport have used longitudinally mounted units, similar to Solberg's Citroen DS 3.

The transverse engine orientation falls in line with Volkswagen's existing technology, a layout generally preferred by manufacturer-backed teams to be more akin to the road-going versions of the car.

"Of course it changes a lot of things, but it's just adaptation of driving style and it fits me better," said Solberg.

"It [the car set-up] will still be soft. We're working a lot with inertia, weight distribution and centre of gravity, all these things.

"We will be better than before."

Solberg also praised his new team-mate Kristoffersson, who finished second overall in World RX last season.

"Whatever situation I would have been in with any other team, I would have chosen him definitely," said Solberg.

"He's fast, he's fair, he's professional, he's fit, a nice guy and has a brain to get out of situations when it's tough fights.

"I think we're a strong team together."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...x-vw-polo-test

https://twitter.com/SolbergFanClub/s...48039571128321
    I never know that Polo was using longitudinal engine layout..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7zzb-BEduQ

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    Yeah my memory escaped me, probably as Canada doesn't feel like any of the other WRX rounds as it's more like GRC
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net