Page 115 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2763
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    When it was first rumoured, it was obvious what would happen. The 'old school' RX circuits were out, and the 'shiny new' F1 tracks would be the venues of choice for IMG. Sod the old fans of the sport - they want the new fans, who drink RedBull, Monster, etc and follow the sport in the modern way.
    I'm not sure WorldRX is yet big enough for all these sudden changes...but, those in charge think they know best - but quite often it all come crashing down after a few successful years. As there's no support structure in place.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (3rd January 2017)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Sad but inevitable.

Any guesses what areas of the circuit they will use? Maybe something on the land alongside where Bridge corner used to be - and using the Luffield corners?

The whole point of these GP venues is that they incorporate the track to quite a large extent.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...-host-world-rx

Personally feel this is purely about money. Lydden is the home of the sport and viewing is great
    They should go to Brands Hatch instead..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I suspect Brands were either not interested, or didn't want to pay what IMG wanted....but Brands would be a great venue for RX. Silverstone is flat, and a poor watching circuit.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    World Rallycross really is the new WRC, selling its soul for the 'benefit of fans', doing things no one asked for or wants...

As for the circuit, according to Autosport:
    While IMG did not release any further details, Autosport understands that a new purpose-built track will be created in the F1 layout's infield, based around the existing Stowe circuit.

The cars will be based in The Wing pits complex, and then will file out onto the Stowe circuit, which will be run in a clockwise direction rather than its usual anti-clockwise configuration.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rstone-from-18

I think I'll have to make the journey down to Lydden for this year's round, it's the end of an era... I was going to go this year but ended up going to Monaco that weekend instead. Silverstone is much easier to get to for me than Lydden, but I don't really have any interest in seeing WRX in the Silverstone setting.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Andreas bakkerud is doing Sigdalsrally (first round in National championship) next weekend in Anders Grøndals rental fiesta R2t.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Lydden is a historic track, good fun and great for spectators.

But the 2016 event organisation was a shambles. There are other reasons for this move, I am convinced.

Liked 657 Times in 316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Lydden is a historic track, good fun and great for spectators.

But the 2016 event organisation was a shambles. There are other reasons for this move, I am convinced.
    Whatever happened about that clown son of the owners of Lydden and his potential legal troubles?

10. Likes: Alpha (4th January 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Whatever happened about that clown son of the owners of Lydden and his potential legal troubles?
    I'm not sure about that, but I was more referring to the troubling organisation at the event itself.

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Pat Doran dispels closure fears after losing FIA World Rallycross:

“We are going to concentrate now on the British Rallycross Championship and we have got lots of other things going on like truck and classic car shows – I am confident the circuit will continue.”

The 57-year-old, who has owned the Wootton track for seven years, applied to Dover District Council in 2015 to build a new entrance, grandstands and hospitality centre.

But planning permission has yet to be gained, which Mr Doran thinks was the main factor in the decision of world championship promoters IMG to move the event to Silverstone."

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbu...-close-118267/
    #M-SPORTER