Page 10 of 277 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Great weekend, great event and great racing. Amazing how much action can be fitted in (nearly 50 races on Saturday ) Shame that Liam didn't do better (also a shame that on Saturday I was stood next to the Proctor team who cheered every mistake that he made) and also a pity for Petter because he seemed much quicker but just messed up the final a bit with a poor start and a stupid move on Foust. Interesting that there was a cheer when he ended up in the gravel, it seems that the rallycross fraternity don't like Petter as much as rally fans do. Hugely impressive for Andrew Jordan to step back into the sport and get a podium, especially with such strong competition.

Big shame elsewhere as Pat Doran's RS200 went up in flames and put Pat in hospital (he was back at the track on Sunday though). Fire seemed to be the in thing on the Saturday, with at least 3 other cars (including Heikkenen and Foust) catching alight.

In the other series the RX Lites was won by the amazing Mitchell De Jong, for a 16 year old to win a single make race by over a second is just stunning.
    Was great wasn't it, such good viewing.

Liam is so unlikeable that I don't know many who didn't cheer his misfortune. The RX guys seem to be fans of Petter, but they also love crashes and spins and stuff! Think they're also slightly peeved he just turned up and was immediately fastest.

Jordan and Larsson were hugely impressive, both did amazingly well. Zagumenov and De Jong where great too, it's gonna be a good year!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Liam is so unlikeable that I don't know many who didn't cheer his misfortune.
    Seems a shame to me that someone who is doing such great things to get the sport recognised is widely disliked, even if he is a bit of a dick. Fair enough he's been privileged to be in the position that he is, but he's a long way from being the slowest driver in the world, something which was clear to anyone with a brain over the weekend.

My gut feel from Petter's spin was that it was more than just a cheer for someone ending up in the gravel, like you say I think that they don't like how quick he is...it was simply amazing how fast he was after he stayed on the line during one of the heats.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Seems a shame to me that someone who is doing such great things to get the sport recognised is widely disliked, even if he is a bit of a dick. Fair enough he's been privileged to be in the position that he is, but he's a long way from being the slowest driver in the world, something which was clear to anyone with a brain over the weekend.

My gut feel from Petter's spin was that it was more than just a cheer for someone ending up in the gravel, like you say I think that they don't like how quick he is...it was simply amazing how fast he was after he stayed on the line during one of the heats.
    I agree - he's proved time and time again he's got the speed to win. But every sport needs a villain and he's the chosen one, and not without good reason.

Possibly, from where I was it seemed mostly excitement at the failed pass, but it's almost unreal how quick he is when he has clean air. Winning heats by 2/3s over only 4 laps is unheard of. It's almost good he's unreliable otherwise the Championship would be a bit dull!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    For my collection, and because I don't want to go on a round of Rallycross RX this year, I search a copy of personal pass (Team, Guest, VIP)...

Thanks.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    also a pity for Petter because he seemed much quicker but just messed up the final a bit with a poor start and a stupid move on Foust. Interesting that there was a cheer when he ended up in the gravel, it seems that the rallycross fraternity don't like Petter as much as rally fans do.

Fire seemed to be the in thing on the Saturday, with at least 3 other cars (including Heikkenen and Foust) catching alight.
    I believe that Tanner Foust is bigger star in RX than Petter in audiences mind.

It was not Heikkinen´s car, his team mate Marklund´s Polo was on FIRE.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I believe that Tanner Foust is bigger star in RX than Petter in audiences mind.
    That's true, but I still didn't expect such a big cheer for Petter in the gravel, if anything it meant that what could have been a great battle was over...mind you I've never been one to particularly cheer the misfortune of many drivers, I reserve that for a special few.

It was not Heikkinen´s car, his team mate Marklund´s Polo was on FIRE.
    Yup, spent the whole weekend getting them mixed up.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

official:
    Sebastien Ogier VW Polo (Marklund Motorsport)
    Loheac France 6-7.9
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    official:
    Sebastien Ogier VW Polo (Marklund Motorsport)
    Loheac France 6-7.9
    Sébastien Ogier ‏@SebOgier
    More
    Just read the rumor about my participation in Loheac RX...��
    Sorry to announce that's wrong!!
    Wish you all a nice free day!

Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post
    Sébastien Ogier ‏@SebOgier
    More
    Just read the rumor about my participation in Loheac RX...��
    Sorry to announce that's wrong!!