Threaded View

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Yes, AUDI deserves much more on the motorsport scene. But that's how it is - AUDI, Porsche, VW stepped back for the stupid diesel gate, and the 2 of them are now fighting in this mickey mouse championship. Shame, just shame....
    This, No clue what they're trying to accomplish in WRX, it just seems a massive waste of money.
    For me (even if i'm a motorsport fan) it seems that in the finals there is always the same 6 drivers. Just think about it, you have no change to be at the finals if you aint backed by a manufacturer who is spending a shit ton of money on the team.
    No idea how expensive it's to drive WRC car today as a privateer but WRC2 car is around 200€+ per km + insurance and tires and I don't even want to imagine how much is it for driving in a top class in WRX - Must be thousands if not more and then compare that to the visibility of the sport.

How are you suppose to find new talent and any interest to a sport when no one can afford it, Nitiss and Heikkinen were both forced to stop when they couldn't find enough money to back their seasons.

Does someone know how is the viewership between WRX to WRC?
    Last edited by Essaj; 3rd July 2018 at 01:47.