Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1269
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Topi announced as the second driver at EKS. Strikes me as strange to have all the ceremony around announcing a driver, postpone the announcement and then quietly tell everyone that it's the same guy as last season. I wonder if they were hoping to be lining up a big name and then it fell through, forcing them to renegotiate with Topi.

Megane looks good, sounds like they're aiming for a first event at Loheac with a full season next year. Be interesting to see if they bring in another driver to have a two man team, can't see Chicherit making too many waves on his own.
    I thought the same. Either someone big fell through or they think that's a good SoMe strategy. Silly either way.

That Megane looks good, let's hope they get a fast guy for the second seat.

Liked 386 Times in 183 Posts
    like it...

3. Likes: Micke_VOC (8th February 2017)
    Liked 170 Times in 82 Posts
    Yeah a nice addition to World Rallycross!

5. Likes: danon (8th February 2017)
    Liked 937 Times in 451 Posts
    Very good for the sport to have this project waiting in the wings. Interested to see how much works Renault involvement we can expect. Or really whether this is just completely Prodrive with no manufacturer cooperation. Let's see.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Liked 66 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Very good for the sport to have this project waiting in the wings. Interested to see how much works Renault involvement we can expect. Or really whether this is just completely Prodrive with no manufacturer cooperation. Let's see.
    Smells like they have been given the rights to use the I.P. and not much else at this point and have everything crossed that a good performance will see further $$$ from Renault.

Liked 208 Times in 127 Posts
    Few bits of news over the last few days. Chicherit running a Clio Supercar in a number of events this year in lead up to the Megane.
    Timo Scheider announced pretty much full time with Max Pucher's team, with the exception of Lydden when Andrew Jordan will fill in for him.

Will be interesting to see how Jordan gets on, last time he was in a Fiesta at Lydden he finished on the podium, although things have moved on quite a bit since then and I think the competition is stronger.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Hi guys

Question for anybody whose been to Lydden Hill before.

Going this year for first time, bought weekend tickets, what does that allow us to do/go i.e are you able to see the cars in paddock or what?

Also where the best place to stand/sit?

Thanks

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Few bits of news over the last few days. Chicherit running a Clio Supercar in a number of events this year in lead up to the Megane.
    Timo Scheider announced pretty much full time with Max Pucher's team, with the exception of Lydden when Andrew Jordan will fill in for him.

Will be interesting to see how Jordan gets on, last time he was in a Fiesta at Lydden he finished on the podium, although things have moved on quite a bit since then and I think the competition is stronger.
    Keep in mind that Andy was driving OMSE Fiesta..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 44 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Keep in mind that Andy was driving OMSE Fiesta..
    Yes, the Fiesta of MJP Racing should be faster. So is Andrew even able to fight for the win ?

Liked 208 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markf8691 View Post
    Going this year for first time, bought weekend tickets, what does that allow us to do/go i.e are you able to see the cars in paddock or what?

Also where the best place to stand/sit?
    In previous years you can get anywhere, but it seems to get busier and tighter every season so this year might be restricted. I took this shot at about 11pm on the Friday evening in 2014, Petter was still about talking to the mechanics too (sorry if the photo is giant, can't work out how to resize)

During the lunch break 'drift show' I even managed to wander onto the pre-grid in 2015 and took this shot
    https://www.instagram.com/p/3BtSCsyH...=snoodymcflude

For standing, you can basically choose anywhere and still see pretty much the whole track, so I wouldn't bother paying for seating. Personally I like to wander around the track during Saturday morning practice and watch from a few spots. Then when the racing starts we tend to set up on the last corner and watch there, it's not that close to the track but gives a good view and is close to the campsite....although that's if they don't change it. First two years you could roll up to the campsite on Friday night and set up, have a barbecue and generally relax. However last year they closed the campsite for Friday night so we had to stay in the car park and then move in the morning. Also they stopped fires because apparently the bit that they call the campsite is actually a car park for the purposes of insurance :S So security were walking around on Saturday night telling people to put out fires...in fact iirc one group even had their fire put out by the track's fire crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Keep in mind that Andy was driving OMSE Fiesta.
    Yep, and back then it was an okay car, but I'm not convinced at the minute. I know that Timur had some pretty storming races in the Austria car last year but I can't see it being on a par with the money that EKS, Hansen and VW have. But Jordan is a decent driver and home advantage can work wonders, remember that Wilks took a 1600 Mini to the final in 2015.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.