Page 167 of 277 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2762
    Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    What a joke... Block got DQed for being underweight because he lost too much bodywork during the Semi... Thank God Ford is getting the hell out of the joke VW is creating... Seriously, what is wrong with those guys? They nearly killed WRC and made people turn to RX and now they are doing the opposite... Ridiculous...

2. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (12th November 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (12th November 2017),Sub_Skoda (13th November 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Don't think VW had much bearing on the decision, and it's common to weigh cars at the end of the race. It's a shame as he really deserved that win (despite what Timmy said, the reason Block hit him in T2 was because Loeb was pushing).

Some crazy races and really enjoyable. I didn't have high hopes for South Africa because there doesn't seem to be much of an RX culture there, but the fans were superb and the track wasn't awful (although not a lot of places to pass). Didn't like the VW tactics in the semi though, I thought more of Johan than that and certainly don't buy the "had to dip the clutch" argument.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Who cares? The big issue is how the hell Ekstrom gets to take shortcuts on the track and not get a penalty. He should have been DQed or had a time penalty. Either way he shouldn't have been in the final at all.

If shortcuts are now allowed in World RX it will be a pretty interesting season next year.

Sent fra min PH-1 via Tapatalk

I get the feeling that the stewards took into account that he’d been slowed up by Johan and decided that it would spoil the show. I think it was clear that the result of that race was as it should have been. Ekstrom missed his braking because of contact with Petter, that contact only happened because he’d been slowed by JK. If JK doesn’t slow then the result is still JK, ME, PS. So in my mind it was the right result.

6. Likes: BleAivano (13th November 2017)
    JK had a puncture. The impact with Petter on the joker merge was Ekstroms fault. The car on the main track has the right of way in the merge. Then Ekstrom just totally ignores the last corner, he almost passed JK as well! It's moronic that someone is able to take a shortcut, gain an advantage and get no penalty!

For the record, Bakkerud also took the shortcut and deserves a penalty.

Sent fra min PH-1 via Tapatalk

Ekstrom was already back on the main track when the impact happened. And like I said, I don’t buy the excuse that JK gave.

So if you feel someone holds you up you're free to take shortcuts on the track?

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    He got a penalty for it but not before after the final, so in the end it didn't make any difference
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

11. Likes: pantealex (13th November 2017)
    What was the penalty?

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What was the penalty?
    Mattias Ekstrom #1, relegated from second to third place in semi-final one for not respecting the priority of the driver on the standard lap at the Joker merge.