Page 152 of 277 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2762
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    The main thing is there is close competition in WRX.

Athough the VW's are winning there are good battles with Audis, Peugeots and various Fords.

I dont see money as being a huge reason regarding who is successful.

2. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2017)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    VW's are ahead by a mile, Audi and Peugeot might be closer to each others and they would have to invest so freaking much money to even get to VW level. but privateers, guys running last years cars are no where to seen. I personally don't see why any privateer driver would spend that kind of a money to drive practices and first heats to be dropped out of semis, getting no publicity and wasting all their monies for just 40km's of track time or do they even get that?
    There is almost always the same guys in the finals (both VW's, maybe Audis and Peugeot unless Bakkerud gets there by miracle) and these are the only guys who are getting any publicity out of the event.
    When you pay big money to drive the whole season to not get semis or further when manufacturer teams are not step ahead but 5 steps ahead. Yes there is a money problem. Wouldn't be surprised that WRX is going to lose its spark after couple of years, maybe even after this year.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    12 drivers have won WRX rounds in the last 3,5 seasons. Compare that to F1 or WRC.. The last seasons have seen three different teams and cars winning, with Ford Olsbergs, Peugeot-Hansen and EKS. This seasons first eight rounds has seen 7 different drivers on the podium, the same as the Formula 1 after eight rounds. WRC had 8 after eight rounds.

I'm not worried at all.

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th August 2017),pantealex (11th August 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    12 drivers have won WRX rounds in the last 3,5 seasons. Compare that to F1 or WRC.. The last seasons have seen three different teams and cars winning, with Ford Olsbergs, Peugeot-Hansen and EKS. This seasons first eight rounds has seen 7 different drivers on the podium, the same as the Formula 1 after eight rounds. WRC had 8 after eight rounds.

I'm not worried at all.
    How about this season?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just told you?

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    I just told you?
    No, I'm asking how many different winners there were this season only.

Edit: I just saw you did mention different podiums, but not wins this year.
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. Likes: cali (11th August 2017)
    This year, three different winners in World RX, five in WRC and four in Formula 1 (all after eight races).

In World RX there's 35 points between the top and the rest. In WRC it's 41 (but two guys at shared no 1), and in Formula 1 it's 20 points.

So it's pretty even. Also, keep in mind that WRC saw the same boring French guy on the top 9 seasons in a row(!!), and F1 the same guy won it 7 times, and five of those in a row.

That same boring guy now seems genuinely happy and excited to claw his way to a podium in World RX. You didn't see that at all the last years in the WRC.

As I said, I'm not worried. And it's not like we don't get surprises. Like in Canada where a driver that has two P2s and two P3s didn't even make it to the semis. Or when Timo Scheider got P2 (and everyone was really happy for him).

I find World RX much more exciting to watch than the other two.

11. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2017)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    This year, three different winners in World RX, five in WRC and four in Formula 1 (all after eight races).

In World RX there's 35 points between the top and the rest. In WRC it's 41 (but two guys at shared no 1), and in Formula 1 it's 20 points.

So it's pretty even. Also, keep in mind that WRC saw the same boring French guy on the top 9 seasons in a row(!!), and F1 the same guy won it 7 times, and five of those in a row.

That same boring guy now seems genuinely happy and excited to claw his way to a podium in World RX. You didn't see that at all the last years in the WRC.

As I said, I'm not worried. And it's not like we don't get surprises. Like in Canada where a driver that has two P2s and two P3s didn't even make it to the semis. Or when Timo Scheider got P2 (and everyone was really happy for him).

I find World RX much more exciting to watch than the other two.
    I actually count 6 different winners for WRC, that`s twice as many as WRX...

It's five. Not really sure where you get the last guy from, but..

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Paid by the Solberg team, which again, is some personal money from Solberg as well. VW doesn't back a team in WRX. They are for hire. Probably to a combination of highest bidder, professional team structure and good plans behind it.

Factory backing = The marque are pro-active, working on it, pushing in money themselves. That's not what VW does. They get expenses covered. To get the technicians and engineers to the races, the Solberg team have to pay for it.
    No you clearly did not understood what I and some others are trying to say. These VW cars are massively better than the rest of the field, which gives both Petter and Kristofferson huge advantage.

You all want to downplay VW knowledge and skills and play it on Petter's hands as he is singlehandedly running everything and of course he's the best car developer in the world. Not quite so, the car is giving them a chance to be in the limelight = more cash. It's all about tech these days and VW was the best in WRC and is the best in WRX. Simple. It's a good deal for Petter!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

15. Likes: BleAivano (11th August 2017)