Page 124 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2763
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Hi guys

Question for anybody whose been to Lydden Hill before.

Going this year for first time, bought weekend tickets, what does that allow us to do/go i.e are you able to see the cars in paddock or what?

Also where the best place to stand/sit?

Thanks

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Few bits of news over the last few days. Chicherit running a Clio Supercar in a number of events this year in lead up to the Megane.
    Timo Scheider announced pretty much full time with Max Pucher's team, with the exception of Lydden when Andrew Jordan will fill in for him.

Will be interesting to see how Jordan gets on, last time he was in a Fiesta at Lydden he finished on the podium, although things have moved on quite a bit since then and I think the competition is stronger.
    Keep in mind that Andy was driving OMSE Fiesta..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Keep in mind that Andy was driving OMSE Fiesta..
    Yes, the Fiesta of MJP Racing should be faster. So is Andrew even able to fight for the win ?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markf8691 View Post
    Going this year for first time, bought weekend tickets, what does that allow us to do/go i.e are you able to see the cars in paddock or what?

In previous years you can get anywhere, but it seems to get busier and tighter every season so this year might be restricted. I took this shot at about 11pm on the Friday evening in 2014, Petter was still about talking to the mechanics too (sorry if the photo is giant, can't work out how to resize)

During the lunch break 'drift show' I even managed to wander onto the pre-grid in 2015 and took this shot
    https://www.instagram.com/p/3BtSCsyH...=snoodymcflude

For standing, you can basically choose anywhere and still see pretty much the whole track, so I wouldn't bother paying for seating. Personally I like to wander around the track during Saturday morning practice and watch from a few spots. Then when the racing starts we tend to set up on the last corner and watch there, it's not that close to the track but gives a good view and is close to the campsite....although that's if they don't change it. First two years you could roll up to the campsite on Friday night and set up, have a barbecue and generally relax. However last year they closed the campsite for Friday night so we had to stay in the car park and then move in the morning. Also they stopped fires because apparently the bit that they call the campsite is actually a car park for the purposes of insurance :S So security were walking around on Saturday night telling people to put out fires...in fact iirc one group even had their fire put out by the track's fire crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Keep in mind that Andy was driving OMSE Fiesta.
    Yep, and back then it was an okay car, but I'm not convinced at the minute. I know that Timur had some pretty storming races in the Austria car last year but I can't see it being on a par with the money that EKS, Hansen and VW have. But Jordan is a decent driver and home advantage can work wonders, remember that Wilks took a 1600 Mini to the final in 2015.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markf8691 View Post
    Hi guys

Question for anybody whose been to Lydden Hill before.

Thanks
    MrJan has all your bases covered there.

In 2016 the paddock was still open to all on the Sunday. Just wander about and see the cars being worked on. Watch out for S1600 cars driving about.

Vision of the action is excellent, the track is small and you can get close at every corner. Even stand right next to the pre-grid, listen to the drivers talking.

Here are some image I took, as you can see, close to the track and right in the paddock, even Loeb rising a bike - https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomhlo...57668765758732

Sadly, it took over 4 hours to exit the car park at the end of the day. The sport seems to have outgrown the venue.
    Last edited by tomhlord; 20th February 2017 at 09:22.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Definitely recommend getting to Lydden for WRX while you still can.

Went for a full weekend last year for the first time and loved it. Can walk around the paddock easily like others have said. Super compact - great elevated views.

Enjoyed walking around the track in the evening on the Saturday. Even came home with a signed front bumper from the guy who won the Euro S1600 race (and championship). There was an autograph session after all the action had finished too on the Saturday.

Only a couple of things to be aware of. Main one being the car park as everyone will tell you. If you're camping this actually puts you in a decent position. Get up early on the Sunday around the time of doors opening and move your car as far up the hill towards the entrance/exit as you can. We legged it from the finish and were about 15 cars from the top of the car park and it still took the best part of 30 stressful minutes to get out. Literally every metre closer you can get does help.

Second is that a lot of people will chain chairs to the fence overnight to reserve a spot for raceday - so just be aware of that. A big part of me would love to just pitch up in front of someone's chairs on the Sunday and see how they react.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Hansen announce Timmy, Kevin and Loeb for next season. Reckon Timmy can upset his brother. Further interest added by EKSRX tweeting something along the lines of "well done for announcing 3 drivers, we'll have to catch up before the season starts"
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

8. Likes: Alpha (20th February 2017)
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Petter also has three Polos so unless he wants one in backup...

Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Hansen announce Timmy, Kevin and Loeb for next season. Reckon Timmy can upset his brother. Further interest added by EKSRX tweeting something along the lines of "well done for announcing 3 drivers, we'll have to catch up before the season starts"
    EKSRX have 4 cars, and are always tweeting like this, did the same hole last season. There will be some quest drviers in car number 3 this year.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Petter also has three Polos so unless he wants one in backup...
    Does Petter have 16 or has/will he managed to get hold of the 17 version?