Page 182 of 202 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2014
    Liked 194 Times in 114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Good news/bad news: good news is that Loeb, Timmy Hansen and Guerlain Chichiret are all confirmed to be driving at the opening round of the British Rallycross Championship at Silverstone...

...bad news is that, following rumours last week, the GRC have confirmed today that they will not be running Supercars in 2018. Supercars will be replaced by the "Gold Class" (basically Lites with a few modifications). Gutted, as I won't get to see the GRC Civic or STI at Lydden.
    Thats my planned trip to Lydden canned then. Surely the teams could continue to run the current cars whilst developing the Platinum class thats mentioned for 2019?!

Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Thats my planned trip to Lydden canned then. Surely the teams could continue to run the current cars whilst developing the Platinum class thats mentioned for 2019?!
    I booked a (non-refundable!) hotel room near Lydden as I saw the announcement, so I'm committed now! The concept of the "Gold" Lite is interesting, but they are going to need decent size grids to justify the switch.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 286 Times in 172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Does seem odd, I can only guess that there has been a lot of feedback about dominance of certain teams. Quite a late announcement too, surely many teams will already be developing their car for the season?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 77 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

...bad news is that, following rumours last week, the GRC have confirmed today that they will not be running Supercars in 2018. Supercars will be replaced by the "Gold Class" (basically Lites with a few modifications). Gutted, as I won't get to see the GRC Civic or STI at Lydden.
    Time to modify the GRC Supercars so it can be eligible for the WRX/ERX. And Andretti Motorsport should bring the Beetles..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: Sub_Skoda (1st March 2018)
    Aren't the Lites all one chassis anyway? Also cant say would want to watch a grid full of Polaris buggies

Liked 124 Times in 93 Posts
    Can we expect to see the next press release from Andretti VW, Olsbergs Honda and Subaru North America that they are pulling out of Global Rally cross autosport. com/wrx/news/134567/global-rallycross-drops-supercar-class or another press release they are setting up the IRC - independent rallycross championship for the East Coast/ Mid-West of North America only?

Suspect the part reason for the change - Red Bull did not like to see the Monster Energy/ rockstar drink cars winning so much?
    http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...ss-debut-2018/

Is this the platinum class - the electric / fuel class?
    http://autoweek.com/article/rally/re...ame-class-2019

Atkinson said he was already testing the 2018 Subaru NA GRC car - 20th Feb 2018. Atko probably not pleased at losing another subaru seat.
    https://rallysportmag.com/chris-atki...ious-wrc-cars/
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 27th February 2018 at 19:33.

Liked 57 Times in 41 Posts
    Subaru will have 2 more cars for a few Rally America rounds for Atko and Patrick
    OMSE tested the Civics in Europe already... Hope they can use that car AT LEAST for the Euro and Nordic Series (or even WorldRX if Honda givers some $upport).
    I'm reeeeaaally hoping for VW to give Tanner Foust that Beetle to compete in EuroRX, cuz he always wanted to be an EuroRX Champ. It'd be a difficult car to beat! Im really hoping for that to happen

Liked 765 Times in 319 Posts
    I think Atko and Sandell are just doing the rounds that Pastrana can't so still only 2 cars on each event.

The difference in the rules was something in the rollcage if i remember right.
    Weird rule change by GRC, over here nobody really cares about the RX2 Rallycross on Ice.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Seems to be a universal thumbs down from people on the GRC social media pages. Surely the manufacturers would have known about the decision to can the Supercars last year? Interesting that read an article from the start of the year that said the promoter wanted to see petrol taking on electric this year as it is already happening on the highways so something must have come unstuck..

Liked 765 Times in 319 Posts
    On Sandell's Instagram story they were testing the supercar today though...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net