Page 155 of 277 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2762
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Ekström and EKS RX may leave the series after this season. 4 of the 5 cars are for sale and will be auctioned out via E-bay.
    https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...series-947813/
    https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...certain-future
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/eksrx/...57685505882761
    Robin might buying one of those S1s, or maybe some GRC drivers..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

2. Likes: pantealex (4th September 2017)
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Ekström and EKS RX may leave the series after this season. 4 of the 5 cars are for sale and will be auctioned out via E-bay.
    https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...series-947813/
    https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...certain-future
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/eksrx/...57685505882761
    The Audi A1 is 7 years old now and a new model comes in early 2018. I think the 2018 RX car will be based on the new chassis, so they're selling off the old cars.

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Ekstrom:
    "As a driver I would love to continue in rallycross. If I answer as a driver, I can see my DTM career - with Mercedes pulling out - coming to an end in 2018.I would enjoy doing rallycross for a couple more years, but from a team perspective it's a different story.I don't know if we will have what it takes to be here next year."

And Ken Block wrote on instagram he miss racing in US. Hope he goes back to America with Ford support. Someone gotta beat the Beetles. And IMO Ken deserves a GRC title
    (Noticed that RedBullGRC changed all of its social media to "GRC SERIES" and RedBullTV is not broadcasting the races on RedBullTV anymore.

Ken has improved a lot this year, it would be a weird time to quit.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ken has improved a lot this year, it would be a weird time to quit.
    did he grow a chin ? or remains to be a chinless vagabond dog dressing like an autistic 15 year old while being 50 ?

7. Likes: janvanvurpa (18th September 2017)
    https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...t-quit-953131/
    Hmmmmm...

Loeb:
    “Volkswagen's dominance annoys pretty much everyone. Now they're coming with a car that was developed for the WRC, with a WRC-like budget, and adapted to rallycross."
    He said teams have a 5mi budget vs 30mi from VW

Weird to see a NINE TIMES WRC CHAMP saying something like this, eh?
    But still... Kristoffersson is just in another level tbh. Is not like VW is doing a 1-2 at every track.
    I dont know. Its not fun to have only one guy winning everytime. Its not good to see that VW is putting 30mi on the cars while the others are on a 5mi budget... and theres the privateers and costumers, with even less money. Its kinda sad to see this series going down that way. Could this be one of the reasons EKS could pull out from the series and Ken wants to race in US again?
    EuroRX is more interesting right now. The Scandinavian RallyX is also pretty intense with no manufacturer envolvment. IDK what to think. Still my favorite sport hehe

Hmm, I wouldn't be worried. What if someone won 10 races in a season and won the championship 9 years in a row? Now that would be boring. I guess that guy would never complain about anyone else being faster, right?

10. Likes: pantealex (16th September 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd September 2017)
    Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    I don't want to say you're wrong, but most of the time Sébastien Loeb won because he was the best driver by far. Sure, the cars Citroën built weren't bad, but at least in some years the Ford or Subaru were equally strong. Just the drivers weren't. They did too many mistakes, as simple as that. You could say that this is the case in World RX now as well, but I don't think so. In recent years it became obvious that Timmy Hansen, Andreas Bakkerud or Mattias Ekström are as fast as Petter Solberg and Johan Kristoffersson, but look where they are now. They are without any real chance. And that's mainly due to the fact that Volkswagen obviously invests a lot more money than Peugeot, Ford or Audi. Or imagine that Robin Larsson would win a round. This seems to be impossible now. Two years ago he managed to do so... Something has changed in World RX and that's mainly due to the arrival of Volkswagen.

12. Likes: BleAivano (16th September 2017),macebig (15th September 2017)
    Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...t-quit-953131/
    Hmmmmm...

Loeb:
    “Volkswagen's dominance annoys pretty much everyone. Now they're coming with a car that was developed for the WRC, with a WRC-like budget, and adapted to rallycross."
    He said teams have a 5mi budget vs 30mi from VW

Weird to see a NINE TIMES WRC CHAMP saying something like this, eh?
    But still... Kristoffersson is just in another level tbh. Is not like VW is doing a 1-2 at every track.
    I dont know. Its not fun to have only one guy winning everytime. Its not good to see that VW is putting 30mi on the cars while the others are on a 5mi budget... and theres the privateers and costumers, with even less money. Its kinda sad to see this series going down that way. Could this be one of the reasons EKS could pull out from the series and Ken wants to race in US again?
    EuroRX is more interesting right now. The Scandinavian RallyX is also pretty intense with no manufacturer envolvment. IDK what to think. Still my favorite sport hehe
    I think you've misread this.

VW aren't putting in 30 million - there's no way Petter can afford that - he suggest that if teams have to put in that much to match a car that's had WRC-style budgets then the value proposition isn't there. There's just not the return on investment.
    The VW has had so much money thrown at it during the WRC years that it's in a different league and you can hire VW Motorsport as a customer (like Petter) and get a great car for a fraction of the cost.

14. Likes: Alpha (15th September 2017)
    The way he said I dont think Petter and Johan are paying for anything.
    it looks VW is putting big efforts on that team, like in GRC (with Andretti Autosport/Tanner Foust/Scott Speed). Ok, maybe not 30 million.. but if a 5 million car program is not enough according to a driver like Loeb.. there is something wrong.

BTW...IDK about you guys, but 5mi? I thought it was a cheaper program. Indycars are 5mi/year (more or less). I really thought WorldRX were on the 1.5million. Hmm.. Maybe the privateers are on the 500k/1mi numbers, right?

Anyway... Loeb won 9 titles and never said anything about "Ahh, its boring having me winning every year" hehe

16. Likes: BleAivano (16th September 2017)