Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1806
  1. #1781
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,412
    Like
    1,758
    Liked 3,810 Times in 2,039 Posts
    I wonder what the 'tuning' situation would be for electric engines... how would they differ from each other and how would they be controlled by the authorities ?
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 7th February 2018 at 12:33.

  2. #1782
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    7,962
    Like
    23
    Liked 283 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I wonder what the 'tuning' situation would be for electric engines... how would they differ from each other and how would they be controlled by the authorities ?
    I think this will largely be limited by the single-source batteries, other than that it's all a bit beyond me what an electric motor involves. I guess that it's about reducing energy loss rather than increasing the 'bang'.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  3. #1783
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    218
    Like
    0
    Liked 57 Times in 41 Posts
    It looks that the electric supercars will be more like RX2 (Lites) and the ELITE Andros Trophy cars...
    http://speedhunters-wp-production.s3...7-1200x800.jpg

    A spec rollcage/tubes then the manufacturers bring their "bubbles'' to make the car's desing (And it looks they can add more aerodynamics, like in WRC and GT cars). I dont see anywhere they saying they will continue with the current "production based" cars with the roll cage inside

    right?

  4. #1784
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,845
    Like
    29
    Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts
    We know we have to get away from fossil fuels but why has everything to be battery powered? I was born and raised in one country with one of the top 4 reserves of lithium in our planet, and I surely dont want to see all of that land turn into huge holes.

    Why arent more sports investing in other alternatives such as algae biofuel, something which Mazda is currently developing. Or even hydrogen combustion?

    Petrol and diesel are things of the past, however the passion and excitment we all feel from cars looks and sounds are far from dead. We can move motorsport into a much cleaner and future proof formula without killing the excitement.

    Is Formula E sucessfull?! What do you mean sucessfull?! I have been to two Formula E races and the stands are never full (even if they are much smaller than normal). They are promoting FE by spending thousands to have movie celebs and twitter warriors promoting the races but that hasn't been doing good for them in a while.
    Last edited by Francis44; 8th February 2018 at 15:24.

  5. #1785
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    589
    Like
    2,344
    Liked 280 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    We know we have to get away from fossil fuels but why has everything to be battery powered? I was born and raised in one country with one of the top 4 reserves of lithium in our planet, and I surely dont want to see all of that land turn into huge holes.

    Why arent more sports investing in other alternatives such as algae biofuel, something which Mazda is currently developing. Or even hydrogen combustion?

    Petrol and diesel are things of the past, however the passion and excitment we all feel from cars looks and sounds are far from dead. We can move motorsport into a much cleaner and future proof formula without killing the excitement.

    Is Formula E sucessfull?! What do you mean sucessfull?! I have been to two Formula E races and the stands are never full (even if they are much smaller than normal). They are promoting FE by spending thousands to have movie celebs and twitter warriors promoting the races but that hasn't been doing good for them in a while.
    Argentina?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  6. #1786
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,845
    Like
    29
    Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Argentina?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    No, from a small country in Europe, Portugal.

    Infact I just checked, we've gone from top 4 to top 6, my bad .

  7. #1787
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    7,962
    Like
    23
    Liked 283 Times in 169 Posts
    GRC have announced that the season finale will be at Lydden this year (last weekend of October). The 70 foot jump (which I assume is bigger than the normal Lydden one) sounds like a gimmick...but surely it can't be worse that Speedmachine?! And it's only £55 for weekend ticket with camping, which is considerably cheaper.

    http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...season-finale/
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  8. #1788
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,047
    Like
    456
    Liked 1,746 Times in 746 Posts
    Will see how the GRC entry is shaping up. Could be tempted. Might be a bit chilly in the tent at the end of October though.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  9. #1789
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,412
    Like
    1,758
    Liked 3,810 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    We know we have to get away from fossil fuels but why has everything to be battery powered? I was born and raised in one country with one of the top 4 reserves of lithium in our planet, and I surely dont want to see all of that land turn into huge holes.

    Why arent more sports investing in other alternatives such as algae biofuel, something which Mazda is currently developing. Or even hydrogen combustion?

    Petrol and diesel are things of the past, however the passion and excitment we all feel from cars looks and sounds are far from dead. We can move motorsport into a much cleaner and future proof formula without killing the excitement.

    Is Formula E sucessfull?! What do you mean sucessfull?! I have been to two Formula E races and the stands are never full (even if they are much smaller than normal). They are promoting FE by spending thousands to have movie celebs and twitter warriors promoting the races but that hasn't been doing good for them in a while.
    Wishful thinking on the bio-fuel. Seems the decision has been made to go electric by the car makers and motorsport will go the same way to 'promote' it.

    Us dinosaurs will have to settle for RX Retro and Historic Rally which should still be ok to compete like they have always done.... and they will probably the get bigger crowds and better competition.

  10. #1790
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    98
    Like
    3
    Liked 69 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    GRC have announced that the season finale will be at Lydden this year (last weekend of October). The 70 foot jump (which I assume is bigger than the normal Lydden one) sounds like a gimmick...but surely it can't be worse that Speedmachine?! And it's only £55 for weekend ticket with camping, which is considerably cheaper.

    http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...season-finale/
    Well I joked about it and hoped it might happen, but very surprised to actually see it confirmed!

    The press releases seem to imply that they will have the 70 foot jump there, which I am very curious about. I wonder if it might be on the straight between the exit of Chessons and the turn in for the Elbow (that would be well placed right in front of the crowd line) but that might be a bit tight in terms of space for a bail out route. Perhaps leading off the chicane and onto the infield?

    The ticket price is perhaps a bit steep, but if they can attract some decent UK/European entrants I think that will justify the entry cost. If they are going to market it as a UK/Europe Vs. USA race, then the presence of some of the European Championship regulars is vital.

    I will be booking a hotel for the Saturday night this evening!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •